Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97117 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D3)
« Reply #750 on: September 05, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »

I'm a 1-shot redirector. I used it last night, and I tried to make Calamitas target SA. They were both on my scum list, so I thought if they were a team, I could try to make scum kill scum. But, because of iguana's results, looks like Calamitas didn't do anything, so my action was petty useless. So I'm a VT now.

I think if Calamitas was scum, he was maybe less likely to perform a killing action last night anyway, because he was the competing wagon to Chairs. I targeted him anyway mainly because deciding between you, Space and diedre and RR was too much of a crapshoot and I thought maybe he'd have some other targeting action. Seems like we both took the bait there (assuming you're telling the truth).

Anyway I'm curious about Calamitas' claim now. You two are already two more PRs than I expected.

I was basically thinking, okay, I can choose either SA or Calamitas, my top two reads, and have them target the other. I was going back and forth a bit, but eventually settled on Calamitas. Turns out either I guessed wrong or my reads are off.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: September 05, 2016, 06:19:35 pm »

Summary:
Diedre - VT
Roadrunner - VT
SpaceAnemone - VT
Mail-mi - 1-shot Redirector
Calamitas - basically VT
Gkrieg - 1-shot vig
Iguana - Tracker thing

Previous roles of people who flipped:

teamlyle - VT
Seprix - 2-shot double voter
EFHW - IC
chairs - VT
silverspawn - delayed Doctor

So setup-wise we have:

Delayed Doctor
IC
1-shot vig

Tracker
VT
VT

1-shot redirector
something Calamitas has
VT
VT
VT
VT

vs.

2-shot double voter
_____
_____

So IC and delayed doctor are super weak roles, 1-shot vig is also pretty weak.  Iguana is claiming his role is pretty strong.

So right now, I'm inclined to believe Calamitas and Iguana.  I think 2 mafia and a traitor sounds the most plausible.  3mafia and a traitor is just way too much for a 12 person setup.  That gives us two mislynches and a missed shot as vig for a mafia win, which is just wayyyyyyy too few.

I don't buy mail-mi's claim at all.  Just doesn't really fit, especially as we have 3 targeting PRs, it just doesn't seem like a redirector would be a good one at all.  My guess is that the team is mail-mi/one of the VTs.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: September 05, 2016, 06:22:16 pm »

I didn't get it either really, since I've never actually seen a town redirector.

I'm actually inclined to believe everyone. Iguana and you are obvious, and Calamitas seems genuine.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: September 05, 2016, 06:33:48 pm »

I didn't get it either really, since I've never actually seen a town redirector.

I'm actually inclined to believe everyone. Iguana and you are obvious, and Calamitas seems genuine.

So you say all the scum are in the VTs?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: September 05, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »

Actually mail-mi, could you redirect kills?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: September 05, 2016, 06:35:53 pm »

I'd like to re-read Space, Mail, Diedre and Roadrunner today before I decide who to vote. That will take a little time.

I'm kicking myself now for reporting my result right away. If I didn't share my result before the mass claim, scum wouldn't have felt so easy claiming VT.

I have played sloppy with this PR this game : (
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: September 05, 2016, 06:37:57 pm »

So you say all the scum are in the VTs?

At least for now, I think so.
Actually mail-mi, could you redirect kills?

I could have.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: September 05, 2016, 07:09:41 pm »

I'd like to re-read Space, Mail, Diedre and Roadrunner today before I decide who to vote. That will take a little time.
Will probably do the same, unfortunately the massclaim didn't deliver much.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: September 05, 2016, 08:32:05 pm »

I don't buy mail-mi's claim at all.  Just doesn't really fit, especially as we have 3 targeting PRs, it just doesn't seem like a redirector would be a good one at all.  My guess is that the team is mail-mi/one of the VTs.
I don't like it because he happened to target Calamitas, who had been confirmed as having no actions.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: September 05, 2016, 08:41:48 pm »

I don't like it because he happened to target Calamitas, who had been confirmed as having no actions.

I don't follow your logic there

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 05, 2016, 09:08:59 pm »

Saying he targeted Calamitas would've been a safe fake claim as he already knew Calamitas took no actions
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 05, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »

He thinks that it's a fake claim because we already knew that Calamitas was taking no actions. However, he fails to note that Calamitas and SA were my top two scum reads last night, so all I did was decide which one to target which one. I chose wrong, out of a ~50/50 chance.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: September 06, 2016, 11:37:01 am »

Also the night kills have seemed like they are coming from newbies to me.  I don't get why you kill silver last night.  I was actually going to be ready to lynch him today, because I didn't really like his claim.

I think SA just has to be scum.  They just seem so scummy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: September 06, 2016, 11:44:27 am »

Also the night kills have seemed like they are coming from newbies to me.  I don't get why you kill silver last night.  I was actually going to be ready to lynch him today, because I didn't really like his claim.

I agree. Calamitas maaaaayy be scum, but he took no action last night, and his weird claim.

Diedre is another vt? He could be scum.

Of the vts, here's what I think:

SA
Diedre
RR

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: September 06, 2016, 11:49:00 am »

I agree. Calamitas maaaaayy be scum, but he took no action last night, and his weird claim.

SA
Diedre
RR
What in particular do you two find scummy in the case of SA. He actually seemed rather towny on my re-read (except the drastic change of his behavior on D2 after he was criticized).

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: September 06, 2016, 12:38:33 pm »

What in particular do you two find scummy in the case of SA. He actually seemed rather towny on my re-read (except the drastic change of his behavior on D2 after he was criticized).

SA isn't a "he", but a "they".  Also what do you find townie about SA?

It is particularly that they changed their style of play so much on D2, which I found incredibly scummy.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #766 on: September 06, 2016, 12:41:17 pm »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can’t hide from the things that you’ve done any more.

SpaceAnemone (1): Roadrunner
Seprix (1): SpaceAnemone
Calamitas (1): gkrieg
teamlyle (6): mail-mi, silverspawn, diedre, EFHW, iguana, chairs

Not Voting (3): Seprix, Calamitas, teamlyle

teamlyle has been lynched!  With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Final Day 2 Vote Count

You'll forgive me, Madam President, if I don't wish to be executed based solely on your... gut feeling.

chairs (5): diedre, Calamitas, gkrieg, iguana, SA
SA (2): mail-mi, chairs
Calamitas (1): silver

Not Voting (1): RR

chairs has been lynched!  With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

So on both wagons we have diedre, iguana.

on teamlyle off chairs: mail-mi

on chairs off teamlyle: Calamitas, me, SA.

off both: RR

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 06, 2016, 12:42:46 pm »

I think my lynchpool for right now is:

SA
diedre
mail-mi

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 06, 2016, 12:46:43 pm »

Again, I was "on" the chairs wagon. My hammer was just stolen.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #769 on: September 06, 2016, 12:48:32 pm »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can’t hide from the things that you’ve done any more.

SpaceAnemone (1): Roadrunner
Seprix (1): SpaceAnemone
Calamitas (1): gkrieg
teamlyle (6): mail-mi, silverspawn, diedre, EFHW, iguana, chairs

Not Voting (3): Seprix, Calamitas, teamlyle

teamlyle has been lynched!  With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

Final Day 2 Vote Count

You'll forgive me, Madam President, if I don't wish to be executed based solely on your... gut feeling.

chairs (5): diedre, Calamitas, gkrieg, iguana, SA
SA (2): mail-mi, chairs
Calamitas (1): silver

Not Voting (1): RR

chairs has been lynched!  With 9 alive, it took 5 to lynch.

So on both wagons we have diedre, iguana, mail-mi

on chairs off teamlyle: Calamitas, me, SA.

off both: RR

fixed it

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 06, 2016, 12:49:53 pm »

I really want a top two lynch pool from SA, diedre, and Calamitas.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 06, 2016, 12:50:49 pm »

SA
Diedre
RR

Why that order?  Why is RR the towniest of the VTs?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 06, 2016, 12:56:49 pm »

Just going with my previous reads so far. A reread is in order.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 06, 2016, 01:24:21 pm »

It is particularly that they changed their style of play so much on D2, which I found incredibly scummy.
Sorry, sorry sorry SA, won't happen again.

The change pf behavior was absolutely scummy, no doubt about that. But I kind of felt that his explanation felt genuine and his consecutive behavior was consistent to that story. I wondered whether you have found something in the post-change behavior, because that part for itself felt towny for me.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 06, 2016, 01:29:19 pm »

Sorry, sorry sorry SA, won't happen again.

The change pf behavior was absolutely scummy, no doubt about that. But I kind of felt that their explanation felt genuine and his consecutive behavior was consistent to that story. I wondered whether you have found something in the post-change behavior, because that part for itself felt towny for me.
So sorry again, writing without beeing fully concentrated is afwul and I actually didn't mean to insult you again.

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.