Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 96375 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D3)
« Reply #725 on: September 05, 2016, 11:07:45 am »

If scum kill a traitor, the traitor instead just converts to being full mafia. So it would be impossible for me to be scum. I'm either a vig or a SK
I thought the default behavior is the traitor just dying?
(http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Traitor#Normal_Guidelines)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 05, 2016, 11:11:26 am »

I'll propose a claim order, then.

Diedre
Roadrunner
SpaceAnemone
Mail-mi
Calamitas
Gkrieg
Iguana

Must claim: PR or VT.

If PR, share what you think is best to share about your role. Probably, you should share any results that may make someone else more or less likely to be scum.
Don't share: Any info that will help scum kill us better, obviously.

We're not likely to get much from this, but we're not likely to lose much either.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: September 05, 2016, 11:11:43 am »

If scum kill a traitor, the traitor instead just converts to being full mafia. So it would be impossible for me to be scum. I'm either a vig or a SK

This seems like an irrelevant discussion.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 05, 2016, 11:13:12 am »

Why am I so scummy? Look at what I did with chairs! That's terrible play from scum
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 05, 2016, 11:15:03 am »

Hmmmmm. In the games I've played with a traitor the traitor just defected to being full mafia if shot.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:03 am »

Diedre
Roadrunner
SpaceAnemone
Mail-mi
Calamitas
Gkrieg
Iguana

If PR, share what you think is best to share about your role. Probably, you should share any results that may make someone else more or less likely to be scum.

We're not likely to get much from this, but we're not likely to lose much either.

I agree with all of this.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 05, 2016, 11:16:22 am »

Why am I so scummy? Look at what I did with chairs! That's terrible play from scum

Wait a second, so you're saying it's the wine in front of me? Clearly then it must be the wine in front of you!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 05, 2016, 11:18:24 am »

Well people are trying to say that I could somehow be mafia and claim that I was responsible for the Seprix kill and I'm proving that it is impossible

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 05, 2016, 11:18:40 am »

Wait a second, so you're saying it's the wine in front of me? Clearly then it must be the wine in front of you!

Lolz

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 05, 2016, 12:57:18 pm »

Well people are trying to say that I could somehow be mafia and claim that I was responsible for the Seprix kill and I'm proving that it is impossible

Yeah, I'm honestly worried that there's some obvious configuration of roles that I just don't have the experience to spot, which lets you be the one who killed Seprix and yet also not be a townie. That's why I've been asking people to think outside the box a bit and suggest things. However, I think that when diedre put you in his lynch pool, he did so because he wasn't thinking things through enough, rather than because he's got a serious suggestion of a configuration that makes you look scummy.

I think the whole claim thing might help me and other newbie town people more than the rest of you, since we're the ones who're least likely to have strong guesses about the types of PRs out there that we should be reasoning about while forming opinions of everyone else.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: September 05, 2016, 01:16:50 pm »

Diedre
Roadrunner
SpaceAnemone
Mail-mi
Calamitas
Gkrieg
Iguana

I need to know what is PR and VT first before claiming, right?

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: September 05, 2016, 01:18:58 pm »

Could you explain a noob what is IC?

My lynchpool now is: Gkrieg, RR and Calamitas.
Anyway, which posts changed your read on Mail-mi to make him town?

Could you explain your theory behind lynching gkrieg, please? Is there a genuine plausible role combination in which he's still likely to be evil? My suggestion of traitor vig (or some other kind of scum vig) didn't seem to gain any traction. He's the only person taking credit for the Seprix kill, and Seprix was scum...

I have no idea that Mail-mi is.
I was you doubt about Gkrieg... being too active. Now I am more inclined to say he is scum.
Who is giving gkrieg the credit for killing Seprix? My vote worth the same as him.

IC stands for Innocent Child. It's a role in forum mafia that basically lets someone prove they're definitely town. I haven't read any games where it's used to do that, but EFHW was one in this game till she was killed. More generally, people here just call someone IC when they're declared to be town beyond all reasonable doubt. Gkrieg is now in this position for this game.

The reason for his "IC" rating here is that he says he killed Seprix N1. Nobody on the town side believes that scum could make two night kills (NKs) in one night, so either that has to have come from a vigilante (which is usually a town role), or from a serial killer (SK, which is an independent non-town, non-mafia role). There is also an assumption that we couldn't possibly have scum plus traitor plus SK all at once because the game wouldn't be balanced. That may be something to re-visit given that Iguana has said he's got a really powerful town role, but even if that's the case, it doesn't make Gkrieg one of the mafia.

As for Mail-mi, if you're not sure about him, I think he belongs in your lynchpool at this stage, unless you have a good argument for not putting him there? Your readings on RR and Calamitas were really solidly town before, and yet they're now in your pool when Mail-mi isn't... I just find that quite hard to believe without some backing-up through posts and examples.

I did not add mail-mi in my lynchpool because he did not vote on chairs.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: September 05, 2016, 01:21:36 pm »

Diedre
Roadrunner
SpaceAnemone
Mail-mi
Calamitas
Gkrieg
Iguana

PR = power role, VT = Vanilla Townie.
You are supposed to claim whether you have a PR or not and share potentially helpful knowledge in the former case. If its pro-town to hide information you might have gathered by using your PR hide it, if it's helpful share it.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: September 05, 2016, 01:53:53 pm »

vote: diedre for delaying his claim. This is probably not as scummy as usual since it's only about softclaiming, but still...

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: September 05, 2016, 02:14:58 pm »

vote: diedre for delaying his claim. This is probably not as scummy as usual since it's only about softclaiming, but still...

You cannot vote on me because "I delayed my claim". Better not saying a thing...

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: September 05, 2016, 02:16:03 pm »

Diedre
Roadrunner
SpaceAnemone
Mail-mi
Calamitas
Gkrieg
Iguana

PR = power role, VT = Vanilla Townie.
You are supposed to claim whether you have a PR or not and share potentially helpful knowledge in the former case. If its pro-town to hide information you might have gathered by using your PR hide it, if it's helpful share it.

I am a VT.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: September 05, 2016, 02:22:01 pm »

Could you explain a noob what is IC?

My lynchpool now is: Gkrieg, RR and Calamitas.
Anyway, which posts changed your read on Mail-mi to make him town?

Could you explain your theory behind lynching gkrieg, please? Is there a genuine plausible role combination in which he's still likely to be evil? My suggestion of traitor vig (or some other kind of scum vig) didn't seem to gain any traction. He's the only person taking credit for the Seprix kill, and Seprix was scum...

I have no idea that Mail-mi is.
I was you doubt about Gkrieg... being too active. Now I am more inclined to say he is scum.
Who is giving gkrieg the credit for killing Seprix? My vote worth the same as him.

IC stands for Innocent Child. It's a role in forum mafia that basically lets someone prove they're definitely town. I haven't read any games where it's used to do that, but EFHW was one in this game till she was killed. More generally, people here just call someone IC when they're declared to be town beyond all reasonable doubt. Gkrieg is now in this position for this game.

The reason for his "IC" rating here is that he says he killed Seprix N1. Nobody on the town side believes that scum could make two night kills (NKs) in one night, so either that has to have come from a vigilante (which is usually a town role), or from a serial killer (SK, which is an independent non-town, non-mafia role). There is also an assumption that we couldn't possibly have scum plus traitor plus SK all at once because the game wouldn't be balanced. That may be something to re-visit given that Iguana has said he's got a really powerful town role, but even if that's the case, it doesn't make Gkrieg one of the mafia.

As for Mail-mi, if you're not sure about him, I think he belongs in your lynchpool at this stage, unless you have a good argument for not putting him there? Your readings on RR and Calamitas were really solidly town before, and yet they're now in your pool when Mail-mi isn't... I just find that quite hard to believe without some backing-up through posts and examples.

I did not add mail-mi in my lynchpool because he did not vote on chairs.

If that's your lynchpool, then I should be in it, because I had intent to hammer.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: September 05, 2016, 02:26:55 pm »

Go go RR

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: September 05, 2016, 02:29:32 pm »

Go go RR
Where are we going? Cause I'm very excited.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: September 05, 2016, 02:31:17 pm »

Ok space

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: September 05, 2016, 05:27:15 pm »

Ok space

I'm a VT, as claimed in post #467.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: September 05, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »

Mail-mi? 

Then Calamitas be ready

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: September 05, 2016, 05:34:01 pm »

I'm a 1-shot redirector. I used it last night, and I tried to make Calamitas target SA. They were both on my scum list, so I thought if they were a team, I could try to make scum kill scum. But, because of iguana's results, looks like Calamitas didn't do anything, so my action was petty useless. So I'm a VT now.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: September 05, 2016, 05:48:19 pm »

I'm a 1-shot redirector. I used it last night, and I tried to make Calamitas target SA. They were both on my scum list, so I thought if they were a team, I could try to make scum kill scum. But, because of iguana's results, looks like Calamitas didn't do anything, so my action was petty useless. So I'm a VT now.

I think if Calamitas was scum, he was maybe less likely to perform a killing action last night anyway, because he was the competing wagon to Chairs. I targeted him anyway mainly because deciding between you, Space and diedre and RR was too much of a crapshoot and I thought maybe he'd have some other targeting action. Seems like we both took the bait there (assuming you're telling the truth).

Anyway I'm curious about Calamitas' claim now. You two are already two more PRs than I expected.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: September 05, 2016, 05:57:56 pm »

My role is quite similar to a VT, information wise identical to a VT. Claiming the rest wouldn't help town even the slightest so I won't do it unless forced to.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.099 seconds with 20 queries.