Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 96339 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #400 on: August 29, 2016, 11:36:46 am »

I suppose I should also react and actually vote! Not expecting a sudden townread from Silver after I explained my thinking in my previous post, but I think that vote: diedre makes sense anyway.
Don't like that first sentence, feels very forced. vote: SA

Totally agree with this.

vote: SA

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 29, 2016, 11:48:05 am »

I suppose I should also react and actually vote! Not expecting a sudden townread from Silver after I explained my thinking in my previous post, but I think that vote: diedre makes sense anyway.

Totally agree with this.

I do too... huh...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 29, 2016, 11:54:30 am »

We all agree that SA sounds awful in that post, but my gut is pulling a huge Ackbar about voting for him.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #403 on: August 29, 2016, 11:59:37 am »

Vote Count 2.4

On the other hand, it is nice to get out of the CIC. Break up the day, move around, meet new people.

chairs (2): Calamitas, diedre91
silver (1): iguana
diedre (3): Roadrunner, silver, SpaceAnemone (L-2)
mail-mi (1): chairs
SpaceAnemone (2): mail-mi, gkrieg13

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm, 3 September.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 29, 2016, 12:05:46 pm »

Totally agree with this.

I do too... huh...

Huh.. maybe I misunderstood where you were going with things before, then. I know I've been quiet, and that's a bit scummy, but I'm in need of upping my game here compared to the first one I played, and it's tough to know when to talk and when to stop asking noob questions.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 29, 2016, 12:35:26 pm »

Good to see silver is back at a level where I don't understand his actions at all. He is too experienced to unintentionally be that flip-floppy but I cannot see which kind of reactions he wants to provoke. Space's post might be actually kind of a scumslip but I think carelessness is the likelier option here. I cannot speak for others but I find I still don't like chairs post about the traitor. The double-voting part of the case about him is almost neglicable, but the traitor part might be an actual scumslip. The option he is neglecting by assumption is even the standard version at mafiascum.net (don't know if it is handled differnetly here). Therefore, confirm vote: chairs . I don't like diedres inactivity either but I am not sure if it is scummy inactivity or just lack of time. Pretty much nullread on the rest, have to re-read them and will write about them when I get some time later.

Anyway, I'm very interested in iguanas announced statement about silver.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 29, 2016, 12:56:08 pm »

I just figured out... Mafia games are not for me. You are trying to fing clues that does not exist!!
These games were made to play IRL!

"If you do not post much, you are scum." Come on!
People are trying to lynch me for no reason at all! I do not have the entire day to read/writing posts!
How could I explain myself?! I already did, but people turned theirs votes on me.

I am sorry... Maybe I am just bored. I am like teamlyle now.

It's fine :) I really don't care anymore

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 29, 2016, 12:57:28 pm »

Feelsbad.jpg
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 29, 2016, 01:02:04 pm »

Good to see silver is back at a level where I don't understand his actions at all.

See, for once I felt like I kind of got where he might be coming from! So now I'm probably going to die for reading far too much into nothing :-(

confirm vote: chairs

On the off-chance I did follow things through right, then not only does Chairs come out looking very townie, but so does the whole gkrieg/Mail-mi axis.

Can we have some comments on the current wagons from people who've been quiet a while, like RR and Iguana?
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 29, 2016, 01:04:31 pm »

Roadrunner is quite susceptible to pleas like diedre's, so RR is in a moral dilemma

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 29, 2016, 01:12:12 pm »

Roadrunner is quite susceptible to pleas like diedre's, so RR is in a moral dilemma

If you're confident that he's scum then you shouldn't let it perturb you :-)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 29, 2016, 01:13:37 pm »

I'm not confident that he is scum.

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 29, 2016, 01:15:07 pm »

I just figured out... Mafia games are not for me. You are trying to fing clues that does not exist!!

People are trying to lynch me for no reason at all! I do not have the entire day to read/writing posts!
How could I explain myself?! I already did, but people turned theirs votes on me.

I meant it! The theme is nice (thanks Haddock) but I did not appreciated the game itself.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 29, 2016, 01:16:49 pm »

It's definitely different than irl Mafia. You have to look for different things.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 29, 2016, 01:17:54 pm »

Good to see silver is back at a level where I don't understand his actions at all.

See, for once I felt like I kind of got where he might be coming from! So now I'm probably going to die for reading far too much into nothing :-(

confirm vote: chairs

On the off-chance I did follow things through right, then not only does Chairs come out looking very townie, but so does the whole gkrieg/Mail-mi axis.

Can we have some comments on the current wagons from people who've been quiet a while, like RR and Iguana?
Chairs would look towny to me as well if there hadn't been that traitor comment in #259. Especially since he didn't explain himself.

Iguana is VLA until Tuesday.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 29, 2016, 01:18:37 pm »

I meant it! The theme is nice (thanks Haddock) but I did not appreciated the game itself.

...and my scum read on you just shot waaaay up.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 29, 2016, 01:21:39 pm »

...and my scum read on you just shot waaaay up.

Really?  I thought it was townie

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 29, 2016, 01:24:31 pm »

the game is different from RL mafia. I think the two are enjoyed by different groups of people. THe little experience that I have suggests that people who come from RL mafia aren't likely to stay in forum mafia, and I don't think I'd care for the game IRL.

I'm not sure what this flailing suggests about diedre's alignment. The kind of thing he's doing isn't unseen as a scum tactic. But even so, I'm inclined to townread him for it. If he was scum, I think he'd rather have faked frustration that's more directly related to this game, not forum mafia. And it doesn't feel like he's mad about us being so good at the game (for having found him early), it feels more like, we scumread him even though he's town, and he thinks "wtf forum mafia doesn't work"; even though that of course happens all the time.

soyeah unvote

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 29, 2016, 01:24:46 pm »

Unvote
Ppe

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 29, 2016, 01:25:40 pm »

Like this comment here:

You are trying to fing clues that does not exist!!

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 29, 2016, 01:26:28 pm »

I think I could go back to vote: mail-mi after all for being pretty opportunistic

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 29, 2016, 01:26:36 pm »

Real life Mafia is actually so much worse than non-real life Mafia.

There's a game where the only setup is 1 Cop, 11 VTs and 2 Mafia Goons and it's considered balanced. So forum mafia is actually easier
Ppe 2

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 29, 2016, 01:26:47 pm »

Okay then!
Unvote

Now the question is this: why is Silver on the diedre wagon, following RR there for no good reason, and not even asking RR to justify it? He didn't even push gkrieg to follow up his question to RR in spite of their public butting of heads. This is my noob question I didn't want to push earlier, but it seems safe now. I assumed a bunch of stuff about Silver's townie motivations and reasoned from there, but there's clearly a bug in that logic somewhere...

Aaaand now I have to go offline till ~7pm forum time.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 29, 2016, 01:28:11 pm »

Okay then!
Unvote

Now the question is this: why is Silver on the diedre wagon, following RR there for no good reason, and not even asking RR to justify it? He didn't even push gkrieg to follow up his question to RR in spite of their public butting of heads. This is my noob question I didn't want to push earlier, but it seems safe now. I assumed a bunch of stuff about Silver's townie motivations and reasoned from there, but there's clearly a bug in that logic somewhere...

You can be assured that I think deeply about every choice I make this game and not just casually pop in and post what comes to mind. At all. Really.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 29, 2016, 01:30:41 pm »

Okay then!
Unvote

You can be assured that I think deeply about every choice I make this game and not just casually pop in and post what comes to mind. At all. Really.
The sad thing is that I don't know if the last sentence is sarcasm or not?

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 20 queries.