Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97178 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »

Does mafia get to know who the traitor is? Or if there is a traitor?

They usually don't. Traitor almost always means mafia doesn't know who hey are or that there even is one
Okay thanks.

vote: rr for voting first.

You're clearly in cahoots with the mafia as well, don't be such a traitor.

Although I think Seprix tried to breadcrumb in the posting above by using the word traitor. How do you estimate the chance of mafia understanding it?

That depends on if the mafia knew about the traitor, i'd guess.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2016, 08:20:08 pm »

Does mafia get to know who the traitor is? Or if there is a traitor?

They usually don't. Traitor almost always means mafia doesn't know who hey are or that there even is one
Okay thanks.

vote: rr for voting first.

You're clearly in cahoots with the mafia as well, don't be such a traitor.

Although I think Seprix tried to breadcrumb in the posting above by using the word traitor. How do you estimate the chance of mafia understanding it?

I would not have caught that as mafia.  Although if Seprix was a traitor, I would guess that we have 2 mafia left alive?  So when you see that there are only two mafia in a 12 person game, you probably assume traitor.  Ya I don't know.

Also Seprix seems more like a Secret Voter instead of a double voter, seeing as he wasn't voting anyone at the time.  Would it be flavory to have multiple people messing with the votes in BSG?  Maybe I just haven't had enough exposure to vote-altering in games.  I think only my first game had vote altering roles?

Anyway, I'm happy about Seprix, and I guess about EFHW.  She wasn't on my super townie list (although I guess she was ready to become IC), unless I missed that part D1.  She wasn't IC already right?

The unfortunate thing of Seprix dying is that we don't really have too many interactions to look at, but he should have the names of the mafia right? hmmmm.  I'll reread him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:59 pm »

So:

- He defends diedre here
Productive game. Top scum reads are teamlyle and diedre91.

Why? Teamyle seems to have been just doing some RVS, and diedre is reacting pretty fairly to everyone piling on him like he's a crook. Newer people reacting to pressure are not by necessity scum.

Kinda defends silverspawn here:

On the other hand EFHW's and iguana's reactions to my posts just seem more natural for someone who's a lot more social than me. Silver's looking to exploit the opportunity

Yeah, SS's reads feel opportunistic to me as well. He plays that way though, but considering he's been scum pretty much every time lately, I would still present that as part of a potential case.

And then there is this comment:

Well, this probably means Teamlyle is town then, right?

Yes. I was town

Man, oh, man. I'll look into the wagon on Teamlyle. At least one scum must be there.

Also, can double voting or hating be a town trait?

Not too much to go off of, but he was definitely dropping that he was a traitor like the whole game. 

Now the real question is whether his post about one scum being on the wagon is WIFOM or not.  I tend to think that there really was at least one scum on-wagon, especially with how that wagon sprung up.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Sooner or later, the day comes when you can’t hide from the things that you’ve done any more.

SpaceAnemone (1): Roadrunner
Seprix (1): SpaceAnemone
Calamitas (1): gkrieg
teamlyle (6): mail-mi, silverspawn, diedre, EFHW, iguana, chairs

Not Voting (3): Seprix, Calamitas, teamlyle

teamlyle has been lynched!  With 12 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

mail-mi, silverspawn, diedre, EFHW, iguana, chairs

So looking at the wagon, we have EFHW who can't be scum, iguana I think is town.

so we have silverspawn and diedre, who were the two that Seprix defended.  I don't really know about these two.  I'll have to think about it more.

Then you have mail-mi and chairs.  I lean town on mail-mi, more scummy on chairs.  I'll have to really look back at the day though.

So then off-wagon you have RR, Space, and Calamitas.  I don't really remember too much about any of them, so I guess I'll have to look back more at D1.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D1)
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2016, 08:33:16 pm »

So looking at chairs, we have this vote from him on teamlyle

I'm here.  Vote: diedre, just because.

Being here is clearly a scumslip

Does this make me an IC, since I wasn't here so long?

Last game I wasn't really that relevant because my reads weren't that good. This game I'm hoping to help town more if I'm town, and help scum more if I'm scum.

Realtalk, vote: teamlyle

That puts teamlyle at L-1

The day does end early upon a lynch. I will not retract my vote, however - I'd like to see this play out.

This vote makes me think that he knew about the secret voting/double voting thing. 

Not much from D1, but that one post is enough for vote: chairs

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2016, 08:35:36 pm »

Last game I wasn't really that relevant because my reads weren't that good. This game I'm hoping to help town more if I'm town, and help scum more if I'm scum.

The day does end early upon a lynch. I will not retract my vote, however - I'd like to see this play out.

This vote makes me think that he knew about the secret voting/double voting thing. 

seems good. vote: chairs Wagons!

I'm gonna reread seprix later.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:00 pm »

there goes my biggest town read  :o ;D

nicely done

Explain.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:59 pm »

Agreeing with gkrieg, however I am not sure how to estimate the post with the strange font.
This just in - teamlyle lynched at what was assumed by all (except our mystery PR?) to be L-1. News at 11.
Would scum really act like that. Anyway, its the best we have by now, therfore vote: chairs . But please don't end this one that early!
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2016, 08:38:56 pm »

Agreeing with gkrieg, however I am not sure how to estimate the post with the strange font.
This just in - teamlyle lynched at what was assumed by all (except our mystery PR?) to be L-1. News at 11.
Would scum really act like that. Anyway, its the best we have by now, therfore vote: chairs . But please don't end this one that early!
*Would scum really act like that?
Have to go to bed, so many typos today.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2016, 09:01:10 pm »

Are you on drugs? How could I have possibly known about the doublevote/hiddenvote thing? Seprix was a traitor - which means even his partners didn't know he existed.

Anyway, working on updating my reads now that we know seprix was scum and efhw was town - my next biggest scumread was iguana D1. Not sure that still holds because I've slept since then, but that's where I'll be starting.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2016, 09:02:04 pm »

BSG is all sorts of backstabby though. I'm kicking myself now for not catching the traitor thing and calling him out on it D1.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2016, 09:06:18 pm »

They might have known though. We can't know since the setup is closed.

chairs' reaction makes him scummier I feel.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:26 pm »

I would not have caught that as mafia.  Although if Seprix was a traitor, I would guess that we have 2 mafia left alive?  So when you see that there are only two mafia in a 12 person game, you probably assume traitor.  Ya I don't know.

If the scumteam is small, and they know BSG, they may assume they're in line to get more members later on though townies discovering they're actually scum after all. That was literally my first thought when Haddock mentioned a BSG-themed mafia game, because the Cylon team in the BSG boardgame works with a hidden traitor mechanic in which additional alignments are dealt part-way through.

OTOH, if we know there are already scums and at least one traitor, maybe there's some hope that Haddocks's not messing with us to quite that extent?

Paranoia is a big theme in BSG...
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 26, 2016, 12:31:30 am »

Are you on drugs? How could I have possibly known about the doublevote/hiddenvote thing? Seprix was a traitor - which means even his partners didn't know he existed.

Anyway, working on updating my reads now that we know seprix was scum and efhw was town - my next biggest scumread was iguana D1. Not sure that still holds because I've slept since then, but that's where I'll be starting.

What about the other parts of my case on you?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 26, 2016, 12:32:47 am »

In what way does it make him scummier?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 26, 2016, 12:33:37 am »

If the scumteam is small, and they know BSG, they may assume they're in line to get more members later on though townies discovering they're actually scum after all. That was literally my first thought when Haddock mentioned a BSG-themed mafia game, because the Cylon team in the BSG boardgame works with a hidden traitor mechanic in which additional alignments are dealt part-way through.

OTOH, if we know there are already scums and at least one traitor, maybe there's some hope that Haddocks's not messing with us to quite that extent?

Paranoia is a big theme in BSG...

This makes me wish I knew more on the flavor.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 26, 2016, 12:57:30 am »

In what way does it make him scummier?

2 things: he's overreacting, which i think is scum trying to play up "townie" frustration, and this:

Seprix was a traitor - which means even his partners didn't know he existed.

This game is a closed set up. how does he know for sure that Seprix's partners didn't know he existed? They may not know that he existed, but they also could have been told "there's a traitor, you just don't know who it is." It could be either way. I think it could be a scumslip.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 26, 2016, 02:10:47 am »

there goes my biggest town read  :o ;D

nicely done

Explain.

explain what?

Kinda defends silverspawn here:

On the other hand EFHW's and iguana's reactions to my posts just seem more natural for someone who's a lot more social than me. Silver's looking to exploit the opportunity

Yeah, SS's reads feel opportunistic to me as well. He plays that way though, but considering he's been scum pretty much every time lately, I would still present that as part of a potential case.

That is not a defense. That is an attack.

so we have silverspawn and diedre, who were the two that Seprix defended.

And I don't like that you are repeating this

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 26, 2016, 02:20:41 am »

not liking the chairs wagon

instead how about  a vote: SpaceAnemone

diedre91

• Bishop
  • Shuffle iT Username: Diedre
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 26, 2016, 03:13:47 am »

I think I have to explain my vote... I entered on teamlyle wagon because he put his vote on me. I just fired back.

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #270 on: August 26, 2016, 03:21:31 am »

"Ah well, never liked him anyway."[/i]

Nicely done, Haddock! I am loving your flavor texts!
Was Seprix a Mafia traitor or a Town traitor?

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 26, 2016, 04:39:23 am »

Since his role was colored red on the flip, he was mafia aligned.

diedre91

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 26, 2016, 05:46:08 am »

Since his role was colored red on the flip, he was mafia aligned.

Sure! I just stupid by asking that.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 26, 2016, 05:58:17 am »

Vote Count 2.1

Perfection. That’s what it’s about. It’s those moments. When you can feel the perfection of creation. The beauty of physics, you know, the wonder of mathematics. The elation of action and reaction, and that is the kind of perfection that I want to be connected to.

chairs (3): gkrieg, mail-mi, Calamitas (L-2)
SpaceAnemone (1): silver
Not Voting (5): chairs, diedre91, iguanaiguana, Roadrunner7671, SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm, 2 September.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 26, 2016, 06:06:42 am »

not liking the chairs wagon

instead how about  a vote: SpaceAnemone

Am I not smiling enough for your liking here? :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 20 queries.