Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 97371 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D4)
« Reply #975 on: September 13, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

I was convinced of Calamitas/Space at EoD3. Didn't really consider it could be anything else.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 13, 2016, 03:49:22 pm »

Personally, I'd have given the mvp to mail-mi without a second thought. I really don't see night actions being as important as day behavior.

To be fair, I would've lynched mail-mi over Calamitas.  I only shot Calamitas because he was softing bulletproof, and I wanted to test that bulletproof.
Of course, you'd have shot Space-A if you didn't shoot Calamitas, and that would have ended the game right there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 13, 2016, 03:54:31 pm »

Personally, I'd have given the mvp to mail-mi without a second thought. I really don't see night actions being as important as day behavior.

To be fair, I would've lynched mail-mi over Calamitas.  I only shot Calamitas because he was softing bulletproof, and I wanted to test that bulletproof.
Of course, you'd have shot Space-A if you didn't shoot Calamitas, and that would have ended the game right there.

Very true.  If only we could've no-lynched and then mail-mi didn't shoot.  Then I could've shot mail-mi and be the only player to single-handedly win a game for town

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: September 13, 2016, 05:45:07 pm »

Very true.  If only we could've no-lynched and then mail-mi didn't shoot.  Then I could've shot mail-mi and be the only player to single-handedly win a game for town
But why would you shoot mail-mi and not SA there?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 13, 2016, 05:52:30 pm »

But why would you shoot mail-mi and not SA there?

Maybe I would have realized mail-mi was scum

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over!)
« Reply #980 on: September 13, 2016, 06:08:06 pm »

Calamitas is MVP.

He was widely townread for the majority of the game, contributed excellently to the Cylon Night-time planning and succeeding in framing SA beautifully.

Shouts to:

-- mail-mi, who played an excellent game.  He narrowly missed out on the MVP mostly because I feel he was lucky to avoid scrutiny on a couple of points.

-- gkrieg, who was single-handedly responsible for every scum death.  He would have been an obvious MVP if it weren't for his incorrect choice right at the end.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 13, 2016, 06:10:56 pm »

Thank you very much, really didn't expect that at the start of the game :D Was great fun and mail-mi played an excellent game as well and deserved the MVP as much as I did :)
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 13, 2016, 06:12:45 pm »

Thank you very much, really didn't expect that at the start of the game :D Was great fun and mail-mi played an excellent game as well and deserved the MVP as much as I did :)
It was a tough call.  I agree mail-mi played excellently.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 13, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »

Whyyyyyyy
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 13, 2016, 06:35:00 pm »

It was a tough call.  I agree mail-mi played excellently.

Thanks. :)

though it was because of Calamitas' interactions with SA that got them lynched on the last day.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #985 on: September 13, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

This was a fun game to read. I was bummed it started while I was away, but it may have prevented me from signing up for other games anyway.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 13, 2016, 07:31:48 pm »

I'll get that MVP some day

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #987 on: September 13, 2016, 07:34:05 pm »

I'll get that MVP some day

Really you've never gotten MVP? I feel like you're a good mafia player though.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 13, 2016, 07:44:14 pm »

Sorry town!!! I tried so hard to argue against the mislynch, but I just didn't have enough evidence to get it through :-(

Calamitas, very well played.. I really did think you were town till you flipped!

Mail-mi/Calamitas/Gkrieg, yeah, the incessant pronouns thing was much more upsetting/distracting than I'd expected. I had some real-life overt sexism stuff to deal with simultaneously over the past few days, so I probably didn't give you as much benefit of the doubt as I could have done at the end there. Sorry I got cross.

I've finally been able to talk through the game with Haddock this evening, so hopefully I've absorbed most of the advice he dispensed! Here's my QT, just in case anyone thought I was making up the bizarre theories I came up with in my defence... I really was just being 100% honest all the time :-P
https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/ktpiZhArgfv

Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)
« Reply #989 on: September 14, 2016, 07:06:02 am »

What did people think of the flavour?

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: September 14, 2016, 10:28:25 am »

I guess technically I didn't single-handedly win since we did lynch the SK, but I came pretty close in Dynasty Warriors.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40]  All

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 20 queries.