Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Total time logged in: 82 days, 11 hours and 2 minutes  (Read 1613 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Total time logged in: 82 days, 11 hours and 2 minutes
« on: June 25, 2016, 03:24:08 am »
+8

I hear introducing yourself after 5 years is all the rage these days.

I joined the forums 5 years and 4 days ago, when I was still in high school. Sometimes I write a post. Occasionally I'll write an article. Writing articles is great. You get all this respect, and then no one recognizes you when you play online to put things into perspective.

I'm currently taking a break from Dominion because I realized I was caring about my rating too much. After a particularly bad losing streak, I took a step back and realized Dominion was too familiar and too easy to sink hours into, and it was getting in the way of trying other things and meeting other people. It doesn't help that my personality already makes both those things difficult. I just started a full-time job too. Now that my free time is at more of a premium, I don't want all of it to go into Dominion.

It's not a permanent leave, I'll be back sometime soon. Definitely in time for the 2016 Championships, where I'll probably scrub out round 1 because I'm really bad with Adventures and everyone else is only going to get better at it. Dominion is too closely tied to my life for me to leave it forever. It's still fun, after all these years. But for now, it's too tricky to play in moderation, and if I can't do that I shouldn't play at all.

I'll be on the forums. See you around.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Burning Skull

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Burning Skull
  • See you in the Outpost
  • Respect: +1843
    • View Profile
Re: Total time logged in: 82 days, 11 hours and 2 minutes
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 03:32:10 am »
+2

hey..
try just one more game, just one...
in that one your opponent will get 7 provinces, but you'll win anyway, and with zero points at the start of your last turn

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 10:01:06 am »

hey..
try just one more game, just one...
in that one your opponent will get 7 provinces, but you'll win anyway, and with zero points at the start of your last turn

That, or it'll just be Rebuild BM.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12849
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 10:10:43 am »

That, or it'll just be Rebuild BM.

Suddenly I got super excited to play some Dominion!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 21 queries.