Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Hello is this thing on?  (Read 3122 times)

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
Hello is this thing on?
« on: June 23, 2016, 01:21:28 am »
+10

Given that this is my 500th post on these forums I thought I'd introduce myself.

I am 30 years old, went to college for 9 years but never finished, and currently do technical writing for a software company. I have been playing strategic board/card games for about 10 years. Some non-Dominion favorites are Agricola, Tichu, and Scrabble. My Dominion story is thus:

I first played with some friends in college in 2008. Base only because that was all there was. We all thought Bureaucrat was way overpowered. Silver for free, immediately topdeck it, and an attack? Unfair. I only played a few games then. Fast-forward to 2011 and I played once more with a local gaming group; thence I discovered isotropic. Isotropic was the bomb. You could see your entire hand at once and stuff and it was so fast. I found this forum in late 2012 (via the dominionstrategy blog) but never posted until mid-2015.

I also like video games, anime, and manga. Some favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Dennou Coil, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm a fan of symphonic metal and synthpop music.

I am also a new homeowner, which is both great and stressful.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:22:29 am by singletee »

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
Re: Hello is this thing on?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:49:46 am »
+1

Be sure to check out the forum games!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:03:30 am »

Puella Magi Madoka Magica

Have you checked out the [Fancutfags] version?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 12:00:48 pm »

No, how is it different? I googled but couldn't find much info.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 12:34:31 pm »
+1

Given that this is my 500th post on these forums I thought I'd introduce myself.

I am 30 years old, went to college for 9 years but never finished, and currently do technical writing for a software company. I have been playing strategic board/card games for about 10 years. Some non-Dominion favorites are Agricola, Tichu, and Scrabble. My Dominion story is thus:

I first played with some friends in college in 2008. Base only because that was all there was. We all thought Bureaucrat was way overpowered. Silver for free, immediately topdeck it, and an attack? Unfair. I only played a few games then. Fast-forward to 2011 and I played once more with a local gaming group; thence I discovered isotropic. Isotropic was the bomb. You could see your entire hand at once and stuff and it was so fast. I found this forum in late 2012 (via the dominionstrategy blog) but never posted until mid-2015.

I also like video games, anime, and manga. Some favorites are Cowboy Bebop, Dennou Coil, and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I'm a fan of symphonic metal and synthpop music.

I am also a new homeowner, which is both great and stressful.

Welcome to the forums!
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 12:35:37 pm »

It's the TV series but with the movie visuals whenever possible. Here's the FAQ: http://pastebin.com/kk59pNHV

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, maybe via PM or something to not derail this thread (I worked on the project).
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 01:52:19 pm »

It's the TV series but with the movie visuals whenever possible. Here's the FAQ: http://pastebin.com/kk59pNHV

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask, maybe via PM or something to not derail this thread (I worked on the project).

Interesting; I've seen both the series and the movies and I have a great backlog of other stuff so I am not planning to rewatch soon, but I will keep it in mind.

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1728
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 08:17:06 pm »

I'm a fan of symphonic metal

\m/

Any fav bands?  I love me some Rhapsody of Fire, Luca Turilli, Kamelot, Dark Moor, Symphony X, DragonForce (if that counts), list goes on and on actually but those are my favs.

singletee

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 11:22:46 am »

I'm a fan of symphonic metal

\m/

Any fav bands?  I love me some Rhapsody of Fire, Luca Turilli, Kamelot, Dark Moor, Symphony X, DragonForce (if that counts), list goes on and on actually but those are my favs.

Yeah, I like Delain, Nightwish, Rhapsody of Fire, Dragonforce, Within Temptation, and Amberian Dawn.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.