Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Thread for Complaining about Absurdly Bad Luck  (Read 1788 times)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
The Thread for Complaining about Absurdly Bad Luck
« on: June 22, 2016, 04:40:24 pm »
+3

Code: [Select]
Cellar, Fool's Gold, Loan, Sage, Bishop, Noble Brigand, Count, Horn of Plenty, Altar, Harem
Log: http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160622/log.0.1466627346473.txt

I won this game, but...it was frustrating. Most notably because of this (my thoughts in quotes):

"So I think I'll build a Fool's Gold stack, with a Loan and a Bishop for trashing."

wildaboutmn: turn 8
wildaboutmn   plays 2 Copper, 1 Fool's Gold
wildaboutmn   buys Noble Brigand

"Wha.... why are you buying Noble Brigand?! It will do nothing against me!"

mail-mi   reveals: Fool's Gold, Bishop
mail-mi   discards: Fool's Gold, Bishop

"Dang, he discarded my bishop."

wildaboutmn: turn 10
wildaboutmn   plays 3 Copper, 1 Fool's Gold
wildaboutmn   buys Noble Brigand
mail-mi   reveals: Fool's Gold, Bishop
mail-mi   discards: Fool's Gold, Bishop

"Okay, that's annoying. I'll grab another bishop if he's just going to keep discarding them."

wildaboutmn: turn 12
wildaboutmn   plays Noble Brigand
mail-mi   reveals: Bishop, Bishop
mail-mi   discards: Bishop, Bishop
mail-mi   gains Copper

My thoughts here can only be expressed accurately like this:

Also, my loan only hit a copper once, then hit fool's golds for the rest of the game.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 07:17:31 pm by mail-mi »
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: Frustration.
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:06:25 pm »
+2

Looks frustrating indeed, it always sucks if your opponent doesn't know what he's doing and still manages to hurt you with it. It seems like he thought Noble Brigand could steal Fool's Gold somehow, although he doesn't seem to learn from the fact that it didn't work first time. Odd.

Frankly, though, I'd have skipped Bishop and would have gone for Count as my trasher, or maybe Altar if you can hit $6, since it's the only way to possibly get two FG's in a turn.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

shark_bait

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: shark_bait
  • Luckyfin and Land of Hinter for iso aliases
  • Respect: +1868
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:21:57 pm »
+3

This reminds me of the time where my opponent replaced my Chapel with Estate via Swindler 4 times in the same game.  Obviously I had to keep re-buying it and it kept getting replaced.
Hello.  Name's Bruce.  It's all right.  I understand.  Why trust a shark, right?

Is quite curious - Who is the mystical "Celestial Chameleon"?

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 07:11:51 pm »
+2

This reminds me of the time where my opponent replaced my Chapel with Estate via Swindler 4 times in the same game.  Obviously I had to keep re-buying it and it kept getting replaced.

And at the other end of the spectrum, there was one time I was forced to gain 9 out of the 10 available Chapels, because my opponent kept hitting my Chapels with his Jester. Frustrating. (Fortunately, the game ended in a tie.)

Can I pass you a Chapel under the table, shark_bait? ;)

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
  • Respect: +1364
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 07:17:49 pm »
+1

I changed the thread title. This'll be fun. :P
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2016, 09:08:35 pm »

I changed the thread title. This'll be fun. :P

That's blatant click bait!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.708 seconds with 20 queries.