Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Simulation Challenge: Farming Vineyards  (Read 2697 times)

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
Simulation Challenge: Farming Vineyards
« on: June 22, 2016, 12:50:44 pm »
+4

Challenge: create a winning bot for this kingdom on my simulator. All entries will be matched against each other. If a bot has a higher win rate than another bot it will receive 1 point, otherwise 0. The bot with the most points wins the challenge.

Entries should be sent to me in PM with the code-tags. Please add some text in the description to tell me what the bot does. You have 1 week so last entries should be sent before thursday 30 june.

Getting started: the simulator already has a built in bot called "Peasant/Vineyard" that should be a good starting point. To make bots buy Events, just add them in the buy rules like you would any other card. To upgrade the Travellers also add them to the buy rules or add restrictions so they don't upgrade too far (eg you probably only want 1 Teacher). Adding tokens with Teacher is a bit tricky: for instance:

buy Teacher
-if isPlusOneCardTokenSet(Magpie) = 0
-if isPlusOneBuyTokenSet(Herald) = 0

This means the bot will only upgrade to Teacher if none of the tokens have been placed. It also means it will put the +1Card token first (it's first in the list) and will put it on Magpie.

as you probably know, the simulator is a bit of an idiot and will make mistakes playing cards in the wrong order or not at all. Consider this an added feature of the challenge :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 01:00:09 pm by Geronimoo »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Simulation Challenge: Farming Vineyards
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 01:06:37 pm »

This looks incredibly brutal. I will have a lot of fun writing this. Is there a limit on how many you may submit?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 01:09:02 pm »

This looks incredibly brutal. I will have a lot of fun writing this. Is there a limit on how many you may submit?
Just one.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2016, 01:47:43 pm »

I love programming engines into the simulator. My first time playing around with it, I made some really nice engines using travellers but then forgot to save them. I'm looking forward to doing this.

liopoil

• Margrave
  • Respect: +2479
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

Anyone have adventures on MF and want to play this with me?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.