Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Native Village & Bridge Troll  (Read 2433 times)

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
Native Village & Bridge Troll
« on: June 22, 2016, 05:20:06 am »
+1

Yesterday I met a very fun game.

Supply: Candlestick Maker, Haven, Native Village, Hermit, Jack of All Trades, Bridge Troll, Council Room, Ghost Ship, Lost City, Stables. No Shelters, no Colony/Platinum.

I wonder when "big-bridge"(NV/Bridge Troll) is strong. Only NV and BT, this combo is too weak. Workshop? Ridiculous! (You need only 4 BT, some WS.) Then, how about Hermit? Needs more help?

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
Re: Native Village & Bridge Troll
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 07:08:04 am »
+2

Hermit and bridge troll is a combo on its own too. Ghost ship looks as if it might lock down all the fancy play though so perhaps you need to build a conventional engine and then finish off with bridge trolls.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 07:44:29 pm »

Hermit and bridge troll is a combo on its own too.
Oh, I didn't know that. You mean, "play BTs on the previous turn, play some Madmans to draw whole my deck, play 4 BT, play a few Hermits to gain Provinces", right? I think this is very hard because of two reasons.
1. To gain Madman, I need to trash Hermit, which I need to gain Province. But other players also buy Hermits to trash Estates. Can I gain enough Hermits?
2. BT costs $5 and is an Attack card. Collecting 5 BTs is hard because I have to earn $6 (without any BTs in play) from a hand full of junks (unplayable Madmans, Hermits).

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 10:07:23 am »

With hermit and bridge you try to win the game by buying the remaining provinces on one big turn. Gaining a province with a spare hermit is nice but not the core strategy. With hermit and bridge troll you can do the same sort of thing or perhaps take two successive madman turns to get enough bridge trolls in play (buying more bridge trolls on the first madman turn).

1 - If both players compete for hermits then yes they might run out. It's still not bad if you've stopped your opponent executing their plan and you'll be well placed to empty piles with a deck of bridge trolls, hermits, and madmen.
2- Yes some thought is needed about how to buy the bridge trolls, depending upon the kingdom. The ghost ship could close it down here.

Very few other cards can actually improve a native village-bridge type deck but hermits probably will. I'm guessing it would still end up with the native villages supporting a madman finish though.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:09:47 am by DG »

kungapa

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 09:12:57 pm »

The Ghost Ship might even help you occasionally - you can ensure that the top card is what you would like it to be, and get it down on the mat.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 11:15:08 pm »
+1

yeah, standard engine is perfo fine here—i would say council room is strong regardless of ghost ship because of how good a superturn is, and there is also ghost ship to slay the opponent's +card and also slay any hermit thing that hits after, like, turn 8. that said, i would prob open hermit/hermit

nv/bridge troll (and even nv/bridge) i think is just less good than a really good traditional engine, but i tend to underperform in the weird combo decks because they're stupid and i hate them. but also, nv/bridge troll i think is especially not that good because hitting 5 a bunch of times is especially difficult and the loss of $6-7 on the megaturn hurts a sweet bit
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 11:18:48 pm by schadd »
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.