Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [solved] Double turn in Dominion online?  (Read 2972 times)

steric

• Swindler
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
[solved] Double turn in Dominion online?
« on: June 21, 2016, 03:55:04 pm »

Answer: There can be various modifiers in the campaign mode for Dominion Online. Thanks everybody.

Hello! I just started playing Dominion online today. I am only playing the campaigns so far (single player, of course).

Something odd - it seems that it is giving me double turns (two turns in a row). For example, I play Cellar, and it allows me to trash cards discard, ok. I click 'done' or whatever it says, and it then allows me to select more cards to trash discard (and of course I have not played another Cellar card or anything). Edit: I meant discard and not trash, thanks Kirian for pointing that out  :)

EDIT: I should add that I am playing the beta in the window version.

Any thoughts? It is doing this for other turns, too.

Thank you in advance,
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 04:16:59 pm by steric »
No Pressure No Diamond

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Re: Double turn in Dominion online?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:58:06 pm »

I believe one of the campaigns has levels where each card (not turn) you play automatically gets a Throne Room put in front of it.  So with Cellar you would discard and draw twice.  Cellar does not trash though.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

steric

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 04:08:14 pm »

I believe one of the campaigns has levels where each card (not turn) you play automatically gets a Throne Room put in front of it.  So with Cellar you would discard and draw twice.  Cellar does not trash though.

Even though I was only playing the base set? The only cards I saw in play were from the base set. Maybe I'm confused about how the campaigns work in Dominion Online.

Thanks for the response.
No Pressure No Diamond

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 04:09:22 pm »

Even though I was only playing the base set? The only cards I saw in play were from the base set. Maybe I'm confused about how the campaigns work in Dominion Online.

Thanks for the response.

The campaigns occasionally do wonky stuff that doesn't happen in regular games of Dominion.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

steric

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 04:10:24 pm »
+1

Thanks for the response.

The campaigns occasionally do wonky stuff that doesn't happen in regular games of Dominion.

Good to know. I guess that makes more sense now. Thanks again.

I was looking to play some straight up single player Dominion! Oh well, it is very fun playing Dominion Online, I must say.
No Pressure No Diamond

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 04:15:02 pm »

Not each card! Only the first card you play each turn.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: [solved] Double turn in Dominion online?
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 04:31:16 pm »

It's possible you're getting Cellar and Chapel mixed up.

steric

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 04:42:37 pm »

It's possible you're getting Cellar and Chapel mixed up.

It happened on several different turns/occasions with different cards. I could get them mixed up by accident, but I really don't think I did.

Doesn't matter - I think the above answers solved it. Thanks for the post.
No Pressure No Diamond

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 11:09:43 pm »
+3

The last acts of the multi-act campaigns have a rule modifying the game (and a few other individual levels do). These things should be announced at the start of the level. The base set one is "Throne Room your first action each turn."

You can play games against bots with random main set cards, without doing the campaigns.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2016, 12:41:33 am »
+1

Not each card! Only the first card you play each turn.

You can tell how little of the campaign I've played!
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.188 seconds with 20 queries.