Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: More X and Z cards  (Read 1419 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
More X and Z cards
« on: June 15, 2016, 02:03:25 am »

I didn't want to go hunting for the older X and Z cards thread, so I started a new one when I got the idea after Seprix posted one in another thread.

Xenophobe
$3 - Action
+1 Action. Reveal your hand. If your hand is empty +$2. Otherwise, if you don't reveal any cards other than Xenophobes and zero-cost cards, +$1.
In any case +1 Card.

EDIT: Yes, I meant to have the +1 card after the reveal effect (fixed).
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:05:44 am by LibraryAdventurer »

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
Re: More X and Z cards
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 02:37:35 am »
+1

I guess you meant to put the text before the cantrip. Otherwise your hand is never empty as you have just drawn a card. Even then I think that the situation occurs very rarely.
The other effect is more interesting. I doubt that it is the strongest Peddler variant as it only works during the early game, sooner or later you want something decent in your deck. Of course if the other player neglects the Xenophobes a Xenophobes only strategy might work.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 03:32:53 am »
+1

There's a search bar, so it's not a particularly difficult hunt.  Here's the old thread. :P

I'd say "Either way" instead of "In any case", to match Ironmonger.  I'd also rearrange other stuff too, as follows:

If your hand is empty, +$2.  Otherwise, reveal your hand and if it contains only Xenophobes and cards costing $0, +$1.  Either way, +1 Card and +1 Action.

It just seems cleaner to me to put the vanilla bonuses together, even if it's at the end.  Unless there's an official card that splits them up?

But actually, I think it may be better if the empty hand thing is removed entirely.  It's neat when it works, but it'll be useless on most boards so it's not worth the extra complexity in wording.  Maybe use that condition for a card that can help achieve it (that is, something that discards or at least doesn't draw) and give a bigger reward for making it happen.

I think it's an interesting Peddler variant, though it sounds exceptionally weak as it is.  Even if you get all 10 and nothing else, it's going to stall hard on any green at all, including starting Estates.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 03:34:19 am by eHalcyon »

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 06:59:20 am »

Ziggurat
$5 - Action
Play any number of Treasures from your hand. Pay all of your $; Put 1 Coin token per $ paid on your Ziggurat randomizer.
If your Ziggurat randomizer has 5 or more Coin tokens on it: +3 Cards, +2 Actions
---------
Setup: Put a Ziggurat randomizer card face-up in front of you

Don't know if it's balanced in any way, but I like the concept of building up a card by using its randomizer (obviously have to have more than one), putting tokens on it and activating it.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 20 queries.