Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Try out this kingdom, it's pretty neat  (Read 1050 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2856
    • View Profile
Try out this kingdom, it's pretty neat
« on: June 09, 2016, 01:55:39 am »
+1

Code: [Select]
Expedition, Lost Arts, Amulet, Caravan Guard, Wishing Well, Cutpurse, Island, Remake, Cartographer, Lost City, Fairgrounds, Expand
Comments on strategy I played in spoilers.

Fairgrounds and weak money support push you towards an engine-y thing. Many cantrips makes hitting 6 VP Fairgrounds feasible. Lost City is a key card, since it's the only way to increase handsize, although Cartographer + WW is a plausible backup. No +Buy means you need to get creative to gain more than 1 card a turn. In this case, you do so by using Amulet to gain Silvers (only way to increase raw deck size). Silvers then get fed into Remake/Expand to get actions you want.

It's hard to play and I'm certain I didn't play it very well, but I believe it beats the alternative strategies.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:10:51 am by Titandrake »
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

teamrocketgrunt

• Thief
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
Re: Try out this kingdom, it's pretty neat
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 04:14:31 am »

This is confusing me. I want a lot of the cards that are on the board, but I can't get them quickly. What did you do here? With Fairgrounds and Islands, you can take your time to build a little I guess.

Step one: Trash pretty quickly with Remake/Amulet.

Step two: Use Amulet(s) to gain Silvers and try to Expand Silvers into stuff you actually want. Like Cartographers, some Lost Cities and eventually Fairgrounds.

Step three: Crash and burn.

So, hold on. On 4/3 open Remake/Expedition, on 3/4 Silver/Remake. Weep, if you open 5/2. Remake Estates into $3 cards, those cards into Remakes and if you have the time, put Lost Arts on Remake. Remake looks boss here. Until you have like five Remakes, buy Remake if ever you hit $4 or more. Right?

EDIT: You spoiler-posted stuff that you did here. So let's see..

FURTHER EDIT: "Crash and burn" means I would crash and burn trying this. How many Amulets did you get? How did you hit $7? Did you gain Silvers first after trashing to do this? I am sure I would do this all in the wrong order.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 04:26:43 am by teamrocketgrunt »
Join Team Rocket!

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
Re: Try out this kingdom, it's pretty neat
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 05:33:13 am »

If you want to play the engine, you definitely want some +Buy or gainer. In this case, there's no +Buy, so I agree that the slightly convoluted Amulet Silver-gaining + Expand is the way to go. It's convenient that you can actually Expand Silver into Fairgrounds, which will be your main source of VP - getting 6 point Fairgrounds should be easy enough, especially since you can Island the VP cards you don't actually want if needed. It's also convenient that there's strong trashing with Remake, so you can start using Amulet for Silver-gaining sooner.

The Lost City split is going to be important; it's the only draw (other than Carto+WW) and the only Village. If you want to play an Amulet, two Expands, a Cutpurse, an Island and maybe a Remake on a turn, you'd better have at least half of the Lost Cities. Maybe you can put Lost Arts on Expand if you want to cut down on your Lost City usage. Cartographer + Wishing Well is usable, but not very strong: 1 of each equals an $8 two-buy Lab, two Wishing Wells and a Cartographer equals two Labs for 3 buys and $11, with the added downside of needing to draw your cards in the correct order.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.