Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Probably inaccurate power predictions  (Read 29407 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
Re: Probably inaccurate power predictions
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2016, 02:52:12 pm »
+5

Overlord: 6/10. Will be overrated a lot. The debt will hurt more than people think. Opening this on 3/4 means forfeiting all your buys the next shuffle.
Well, the great thing about overlord is if you open with it you'll be able to play it to rid you of some debt too.

But... You forgo the extra Silver to get Overlord. I feel like when Overlord is worth opening, it is fantastic, but passable until a little later otherwise?

When I open 5/2, I frequently open with a $5 and nothing I just have that $5 going into my second shuffle. If you open Overlord/Nothing, you end up with just an Overlord and 1 debt left going into your second shuffle.

On boards where opening 5/- would be better than opening 4/3 without the presence of Overlord, it is almost certainly going to be worth doing this. The question about whether it is better to buy a card on turn 1 and then get Overlord on turn 2 (having more debt left going into the second shuffle) seems like a much harder question.

chipperMDW

• Duke
  • Respect: +813
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2016, 12:56:35 am »

Archive: 3/10. The main problem is that you get to play it only every third turn. And those cards you're setting aside, they are gone for a while too. Also, at $5, it seems fairly weak. Gear does that effect better and cheaper.

Maybe it can be a good thing that you don't see some of the Archived cards as much. Like maybe sometimes one of the cards you set aside is a Province and you get to keep it out of your way for a couple of turns. Sorta like a temporary Island.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2016, 04:57:46 am »
+1

Just played some irl games. Donate is as broken as it looks.

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2016, 06:21:56 am »

Archive: 3/10. The main problem is that you get to play it only every third turn. And those cards you're setting aside, they are gone for a while too. Also, at $5, it seems fairly weak. Gear does that effect better and cheaper.

Maybe it can be a good thing that you don't see some of the Archived cards as much. Like maybe sometimes one of the cards you set aside is a Province and you get to keep it out of your way for a couple of turns. Sorta like a temporary Island.

Maybe... but if you already have a Province, it's already later in the game. And if I really want that temporary Island, Native Village does that effect for a fraction of the price. Archive isn't awful, but at $5, it competes with cards that are a lot better.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2016, 06:25:07 am »

Capital is pretty good. I don't think people have a good grasp of how much better debt is than cost. You can open Capital / nothing and potentially get 2 $5 costs on turn 3. Like whoa. Though Capital gets obviously better with Crown.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2016, 08:31:32 pm »
+8

Played a few games with Beyond Awesome yesterday. Really enjoyed playing with the cards.

Adventures introduced a lot of powerful mechanics to the game, like travelers and events, which really change the way the game is played.

Empires, on the other hand, introduces a lot of new cards with interesting mechanics, without being over the top on power. Most of them you can read at a single glance, and figure out how they slot into the usual decks. Most of them have a bit of hidden synergy that makes them more powerful than they look at first glance.

Debt smooths out money draws in the sense that you can buy a couple of cards with $, and then finish off with a debt card. You are never $1 short or $1 over, as all the extra money goes to debt. Getting debt cards a turn or two before you pay the full cost makes them a bit cheaper than they appear. A debt card that costs 8 feels roughly as expensive as a regular card that costs 5, with the caveat that you want to buy 1 debt card per turn (so you can buy them on interest).

The Landmarks are certainly interesting, and players will need to develop new methods for counting points (it's certainly not just a province game anymore!), and the split cards were at an interesting power level.

Overall, a well designed expansion full of cards that give interesting options without being so strong that they dominate the game. I look forward to playing more with empires.

terminalCopper

• Explorer
  • Respect: +758
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 05:40:40 am »

I think gaining Archive is comparable to two caravans.

If you play two caravans, it's like two labs with the downside of delaying 4 cards - the two you would have drawn with labs, and the two caravans.
If you play Archive, it's like two labs, with the downside that one card is delayed by one turn, and two cards (Archive and the third) are delayed by two turns.
There's a little more total delay with Archive, but the fact that you can make a choice lets you delay the worst card out of three, which is likely weaker than average, and therefore it's good for you. Also, you can avoid terminal collisions.

Summed up, I believe that Archive is even slightly better than two caravans at 5$, which is a good deal: I'd rate it 8/10 or even 9/10.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2016, 09:07:47 am »
+1

Archive seems to be a little bit like other support cards such as Scheme and Cartographer. It doesn't do much for you right now, but it does make your future hands more reliable. I think it's going to be best in engines that really depend on the order in which you draw the cards, so Village/Smithy-type engines over Lab-type engines. If you just have a stack of Labs, you don't need to add an Archive to it, I think.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2016, 12:37:45 pm »
+3

I've played mostly the recommended Kingdoms so far, and really I'm just surprised how many games I completely ignore Provinces. I think half the games I've played I've just not gone for Provinces, instead doing some engine-y way to score points every turn (Wild Hunt + Temple, or Tomb + Rats, or Castles, or the Feodum set). The VP gaining cards are all better than I expected and just warp the game in a way you couldn't have seen coming.

bug me on discord

they/them

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2016, 12:39:37 pm »
+3

I've played mostly the recommended Kingdoms so far, and really I'm just surprised how many games I completely ignore Provinces. I think half the games I've played I've just not gone for Provinces, instead doing some engine-y way to score points every turn (Wild Hunt + Temple, or Tomb + Rats, or Castles, or the Feodum set). The VP gaining cards are all better than I expected and just warp the game in a way you couldn't have seen coming.

I kinda did see it coming, but most people were skeptical or completely ignored it. :P

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15517.0
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2016, 03:38:19 pm »
+2

Okay, so I'm going to do this in three parts. I've been pretty busy which is why I have not done it yet. Right now, I'm just going to focus on the Events and later predict Kingdom cards and Landmarks. 

Advance: I think this will be an average Event most of the time. It does combo with cards like Rats and Fortress and also you can trash ruins. Maybe it is better than slightly average. When I first saw it, I thought it was crazy strong. Although, I was thinking of a Chapel/Chapel opening where you trash your deck and then Advance for two powerful action cards. So, final verdict, probably on the same power level as Alms or Borrow, maybe slightly better

Annex: It seems to have its uses, but I think this card is fairly weak. I guess you can do neat tricks when Duchy dancing. I suppose it is likely to get bought at least once in most games, and a lot of times you end up getting Duchy for $8 when doing the dance, so yah. I will just say it's average since you are likely to buy it at least once per game.

Banquet: Seems strong if you really need a certain $5. I'm not sure how much it is worth it though to put two coppers in your deck. Compared to other $3 Events, I would say it's better than Expedition, but weaker than Plan, Bonfire, and Ferry. I guess that would make this also an average card. Maybe, I'm wrong though, and this card is really strong, but for now, I will just say it's average.

Conquest: Seems really weak. I guess if you're playing BM, it might be worth getting this over Gold. But, man, this card seems weak, like Raid weak.

Delve: Seems reasonably strong. On 5/2 openings, it lets you open Silver. You can also open triple silver. I think it will have its uses, but I don't think it is game-warping or anything. Probably average to slightly above average, but not too much so above average. In BM or Feodum games though this will be really strong.

Dominate: I think Engines want to eat this up. I mean, this is more or less a victory card, so it's hard to rank, but yah, this seems like only a good thing for Engines. It's bigger an better than Colony, so I will say on most Engine boards, you can't really ignore this. Obviously, junking games or BM games will make this impossible to obtain. Also meagturns might outpace it, but overall I will say Dominate is strong, above average, but not crazy strong like say Inheritance or Lost Arts or even Bonfire or Ferry.

Donate: I played one game with this. This is a 10 power level card. I believe this is stronger than Chapel since it never misses a shuffle, and you don't end up hitting coppers while the opponent hits estates. Yah. I think this is the strongest Event in Dominion, period.

Ritual: What? Umm.... Yah. I don't know. I think it's okay. I guess if you need the VP boost because you're behind in points, it's okay, but you're still adding a junk card to your deck. I will say I think it's average since sometimes you just need the points.

Salt the Earth: Crazy, crazy strong. Okay, between this and Donate, I think we have our two strongest Events in all of Dominion. For $16 you can wipe out 4 Provinces if you're ahead on points and just end the game. It's crazy. I think this card is of comparable power level to the strongest cards like Rebuild, Cultist, and Chapel. Another 10 power level card.

Tax: I got a chance to play with this card. It's actually more fun than I thought it would be. This card is arguably better than Embargo. You can really make it difficult for your opponent to get key pieces. With that said, I think this is just slightly better than average. I do like that it favors player 2 though.

Triumph: Seems reasonable. If you have a lot of gains, this will likely be better than a Province and you don't even have to pay $5 upfront. I think this is slightly above average, but not too strong. This is another card I feel I might be off on, and it might actually be strong. But, for now, I will stick with slightly above average.

Wedding: Well, if you want to open Gold on a $3/$4 opening, now you can. I guess this card is decent. But, really, how often do you want Gold. I feel this is another slightly above average Event.

Windfall: In some engines this will be nice payload, otherwise, I don't think this will get bought a lot. I think this card is on the bottom tier of Events. Sometimes, it will be strong though, which is nice. Not as weak as Raid, but just slightly better in power level.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2016, 03:57:01 pm »

Ritual can easily be used on Provinces and other vp, netting you  (in Province's case) +1 point and later +1 when you trash the Curse, and poof the junk card is gone. I can see Engines going for it in the midgame/early lategame in the same way as we like Distant Lands.
It compares fairly well to Bishop, it's a bit more unwieldy and doesn't thin your deck (but it doesn't help your opponent either), but the vp gains are so much better when you trash biggies. It can't go on forever, so it won't be as central to some strategies.

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2016, 08:04:52 pm »
+1

Having played a bunch of games over the weekend, I mostly agree with a lot of the predictions.  Here are a few things that I think were wrong though:

Legionary - the attack did not hurt as much as I thought it would.  If you really need to collide two cards, it can actually help, similar to Margrave.  It's still solid, but not 10/10.

Catapult/Rocks - I think Catapult was overrated, Rocks underrated.  Catapult is a very weak trasher, and the attack only hits hardest when you trash the cards you least want to trash.  Catapult is a poor defense against itself.  In three games, we only emptied catapult once, and the person who bought several performed poorly.  In that game, Rocks were great, especially when I could gain them midturn (with Engineer and Graverobber), or trash them midturn (with Catapult).

Archive - Archive is fine.  Choosing the order of cards you draw really helps even out turns and reliably collide cards.

Gladiator - This turns into a terminal gold really quickly.  It helps you hit high numbers, which is good for both buying and using Fortune.

Encampment - I still don't know how good this is.  Once I reveal Plunder, either I lose Encampments right when I want them the most, or else everybody gets access to Plunder.  It seems so terrible, but I keep on buying them, what am I doing with my life?

My general impression of Empires is that we played a lot of sloggy games.  Part of this is that trashing seems weaker on average.  But also, I think my group might be overreacting to landmarks, ruining our decks for points.  We sure had some high-scoring games.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:07:43 pm by trivialknot »

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2016, 08:47:17 pm »
+2

Comparing Catapult with Militia it looks really strong. Catapult gives one less coin, but trashes a copper in the process and costs one less, and it can trash silver for a stronger attack.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2016, 08:50:14 pm »

I wasn't so high on Catapult before with my video reaction, but I am thinking it is stronger now, possibly even a must open on a lot of boards.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2016, 10:25:19 pm »
+2

Having played a bunch of games over the weekend, I mostly agree with a lot of the predictions.  Here are a few things that I think were wrong though:

Legionary - the attack did not hurt as much as I thought it would.  If you really need to collide two cards, it can actually help, similar to Margrave.  It's still solid, but not 10/10.

Catapult/Rocks - I think Catapult was overrated, Rocks underrated.  Catapult is a very weak trasher, and the attack only hits hardest when you trash the cards you least want to trash.  Catapult is a poor defense against itself.  In three games, we only emptied catapult once, and the person who bought several performed poorly.  In that game, Rocks were great, especially when I could gain them midturn (with Engineer and Graverobber), or trash them midturn (with Catapult).

Archive - Archive is fine.  Choosing the order of cards you draw really helps even out turns and reliably collide cards.

Gladiator - This turns into a terminal gold really quickly.  It helps you hit high numbers, which is good for both buying and using Fortune.

Encampment - I still don't know how good this is.  Once I reveal Plunder, either I lose Encampments right when I want them the most, or else everybody gets access to Plunder.  It seems so terrible, but I keep on buying them, what am I doing with my life?

My general impression of Empires is that we played a lot of sloggy games.  Part of this is that trashing seems weaker on average.  But also, I think my group might be overreacting to landmarks, ruining our decks for points.  We sure had some high-scoring games.

I don't think Empires trashing is weaker than average. It has Donate for crying out loud. I would argue though that Adventures and DA have a lot of strong trashers, but otherwise, the trashing in Empires seems stronger than pretty much all other expansions.

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2016, 10:32:10 pm »
+4

I don't think Empires trashing is weaker than average. It has Donate for crying out loud. I would argue though that Adventures and DA have a lot of strong trashers, but otherwise, the trashing in Empires seems stronger than pretty much all other expansions.

Temple and Sacrifice are both pretty solid trashers, to be honest. Temple's drawback of requiring differently named trashed cards is hardly a problem, and Sacrifice's benefits on trash and ability to save a late game turn by being a sifting Village of sorts make it quite valuable. You can get thin enough with both these cards.

bug me on discord

they/them

trivialknot

• Jester
  • Respect: +1171
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2016, 10:56:40 pm »

Yeah, but we've been including 2 events/landmarks, and 3 Empires cards in each game.  Any given card is far more likely to show up than any given event.  All three trashers (Temple, Catapult, Sacrifice) are terminals (with the occasional exception of Sacrifice), and Temple is the only one that trashes more than one card at a time.  It seems comparable to the trashing in Base.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2016, 01:44:17 pm »
+1

Temple and Sacrifice are both pretty solid trashers, to be honest. Temple's drawback of requiring differently named trashed cards is hardly a problem, and Sacrifice's benefits on trash and ability to save a late game turn by being a sifting Village of sorts make it quite valuable. You can get thin enough with both these cards.

Temple, Sacrifice and Donate also are among the rare trashers that are particularly effective against Cultist.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2016, 01:45:57 pm »

I think the question with Temple will be, do I trash more cards now, to get my engine going, or only one at a time, to make sure I continue to have fuel for my Temples?
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2016, 01:52:44 pm »
+1

Temple, Sacrifice and Donate also are among the rare trashers that are particularly effective against Cultist.

Advance is very cool for that as well, even though it's not strictly speaking a thinner.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:57:14 pm by Accatitippi »

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2016, 02:07:41 pm »
+4

I think the question with Temple will be, do I trash more cards now, to get my engine going, or only one at a time, to make sure I continue to have fuel for my Temples?

Trash more cards now. A terminal action that gives +1 VP is weak (compare to Monument), and you can't get many extra points by buying more Temples (especially since your opponent can snipe them if you try to build tokens too long).

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2016, 02:10:06 pm »

Temple trashes, so I would say it is better in the opening, but Monument is much stronger later on, due to the virtual coin.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2016, 03:44:05 pm »

The difference is between 10 or 7 Temple plays, assuming you add absolutely nothing to your deck that you are willing to part with. Three VP (6 if you gain another Temple to scoop it up) isn't worth a fatter deck for longer, considering you have other ways to gain VP quickly and you'll get to trash more often sooner if you trash a lot early.

bug me on discord

they/them

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2016, 04:47:37 pm »

Okay, here are my Kingdom card predictions. I will post Landmark predictions at a later time.

Archive: This seems like a Double Caravan that you have some control over. If you can't draw your whole deck, this seems pretty solid since if you have multiple Archives in play, you can set up your turns better. I feel this is roughly on the power level of Lab and Hunting Party, maybe in-between the two.

Capital: This is a hard one. I think it will be Tactician-like giving you a bigger turn now and can lead to the eventual mega-turn. However, this is competing against many other five-costs. With that said, I though Wine Merchant sounded weak at first, and it ends up I buy that card fairly enough. However, I expect this is weaker than Wine Merchant since of the debt thing. It is non-terminal though. For now, I say this is a notch-below mid-tier.

Castles: I feel like when these are on the board, they will make games interesting. You can easily get them early on, but are they worth it? Distant Lands at least can vanish from your deck. This take up space. I feel most kingdoms this comes up in this is a card you will have to consider your strategy based on it being in the kingdom even if you don't buy any.  Overall, I feel these will be bought more than most alt. vp, but less than Distant Lands.

Catapult: It's a trasher, so there's that. I think it's decent. Not the greatest trasher or attack ever since later on, you need to buy fuel for it. The $3 price point has a lot of strong trashers. This is obviously better than Trade Route. It does junk and makes one discard. So, I will say this is slightly above average.

Rocks: Weak card seems weak. Okay, Catapult needs fuel, but unless your deck is really thin, this card just seems to take up space. I don't think it's the worst card ever, but weak for sure.

Chariot Race: I feel if you can get your deck thin or use Spy-attacks, this will be pretty good. I feel it is above mid-tier $3's but super powerful or anything.

Charm: Oh man, this seems cool. HoP is my favorite Dominion card. However, I think this is weaker than HoP. I think this card is strong, but the $5 slot is very competitive. I guess compared to $5 treasures, I feel it is stronger than Relic and Trove, but HoP is better. So, I think overall, this is above average, but not too much above average in terms of power level.

City Quarter: Strong card seems strong. Compared to other $6+ costs we have KC, Goons, Lost Arts, Pathfinding, I think it is a notch below the strongest $6+ cards. Probably stronger than Inheritance and Grand Market. If Events did not exist, I would say put it between Goons and Grand Market.

Crown: Seems average. Throne Rooms are great, but this costs $5 and Royal Carriage is just better.

Encampment: Seems hard to pull off. It does cost $2. Sometimes, this will be your only village. I feel on average this will be an okay $2 costs, and on some boards, you will reliably be able to turn these into Lost Cities. For now, I will say it's an average $2-cost.

Plunder: Non-terminal Monument seems good, but first you have to get to it, and well there are lot of strong $5-costs. I think this is slightly weaker than Relic. I will say this is an average $5-cost, especially since there will be a lot of kingdoms you never end up getting this.

Enchantress: Seems to slow decks down. I feel this will be slightly stronger than Militia. So, I will say it is an above average $3 cost, but still not as strong as the strongest $3-costs which is a very competitive category.

Engineer: Meh. One thing I've noticed is that every expansion has a Workshop-variant. This is kind of surprising actually. I would love to see more Throne Variants and am glad since Adventures we got treated to 3 of them. Anyway, Ironworks is, well, Ironworks. Duplicate gets $5 costs and $6-costs if they're relevant. Armory top-decks. I guess this trashes itself, and you can pay less than $4 to get it and pay off the rest the next turn. So, I will say it is probably at the same power level as Armory.

Farmer's Market: I think as people get more experienced with this card, they will just avoid it. You can easily ignore this, wait for the points to pile-up, buy one and then swipe the points. I think people will mainly buy this for the +Buy. So, I think it's an average card.

Forum: Seems roughly on the same power level as Cartographer. It sifts. It costs $5. You can end up discarding bad cards from your hand rather than upcoming cards.

Gladiator: The card seems average. A lot of times, I think this will be a terminal-gold, and it does help to get Fortune. On most Engine boards, you will want Fortune, so I guess this makes it above average, if for no reason, you need to buy it to help get to the bottom card.

Fortune: I bought this once actually in a game I played against Donald X. Doubling your money is very strong. If you are generating $8, you can now Double Province. If you're at $12, you're now triple Provincing. KC, Goons, Lost Arts, and Pathfinding are still stronger cards. I think though this is going to be better than GM and roughly around the power level of City Quarter.

Groundskeeper: This is such a hard card to rank. I think as players play with it more, strategies will emerge and this will end up being considered a solid card. I will say it is a notch above average for now though.

Legionary: I feel this card is way, way overrated. First, you need two cards to get the attack to work. That can be a lot of work, especially if you are not drawing your deck. I think this is okay. It seems solid, just not crazy strong. I feel this is below Margrave. It doesn't draw, no +Buy, takes two cards to make the attack work. I do think though this is better than Swamp Hag which is just slow. So, somewhere between Margrave and Swamp Hag.

Royal Blacksmith: Being able to draw 5 cards is insane. I think this will be a power house on a lot of engines. Not as strong as City Quarter or Fortune, but still very strong. I think this is better than Hunting Grounds. I would rank this at a notch below GM or maybe at roughly the same power level. Overall, a solid and strong card.

Overlord: The flexibility of this is going to be huge. If you have a lot of good $5 costs, it will be way better to have this. I feel GM, Royal Blacksmith and this are roughly around the same power level. So, yah, I think it's a strong card.

Patrician: Seems okay. Slightly better than Vagrant. So, an okay $2, I guess.

Emporium: Likely, you won't see this come up on a lot of boards, but when you do, getting a Peddler and 2 VP is better than a Duchy. Because Patrician is on top of this, making it hard to get to, I will say this is roughly an average $5-cost.

Sacrifice: Strong trasher seems strong. It gives VP and money. And, hey, you can even make an engine out of it. This and Rats or even Fortress combo well together. I think this is a solid trasher. Not the strongest trasher ever, but very good. So, I will say it's a solid trasher, but a notch below the power trashers like Steward, Junk Dealer, Chapel, etc.

Settlers: Seems decent. I feel this will be a Lab a lot of times, and when these go, your Bustling Villages will be Labs. So, I feel this is above average for a $2-cost, but not too crazy or anything.

Bustling Village: Seems great. Only trouble is, you need to get to this first. On boards where Villages are plenty, you might just ignore going for it, since Settlers have to run out. However, if you have 2 or 3 Settlers, many times, you are looking at a super Lost City. Okay, it won't always be a Lost City, but three actions is solid. I feel this is stronger than Bazaar overall, but weaker since you can't straight away get to it. I will it is somewhere between Bazaar and Bandit Camp in terms of power level.

Temple: It's a trasher, you get VP, your opponent does't get to trash, and hey, you sometimes trash two cards with it, and I guess in rare cases three cards with it. I feel this is solid, just slightly below Sacrifice, but I wouldn't mind opening it. The whole VP gathering thing doesn't bother me much. It's just something to be aware of when playing.

Villa: I'm not sure on this. It doesn't draw and that's huge, but you can play actions you drew card and occasionally pull off other combos. It does give +Buy, so that's pretty huge. In terms of Villages, I think it is slightly above Worker's Village since you can pull off neat tricks with it. Actually, I will say it's a couple notches above WV. I think though power villages like Minstrel and Port are stronger on average though.

Wild Hunt: So, it draws cards and you can get VP from it. Seems decent. The VP thing probably makes it slightly better than Journeyman and Catacombs, but roughly on the same power level.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.