Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Kingdom Shuffler for Dominion Version 1.5.0 Released for Android  (Read 7194 times)

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +7
    • View Profile
+2

For those of you looking for a shuffler app for Android (English only at this time) for playing Dominion, this is the app for you! Unlike all the other apps on the market, Kingdom Shuffler for Dominion allows you to customize everything with regard to how your Kingdom is selected. Version 1.5.0 includes the addition of the Empires cards during kingdom suffling. It features saving/loading of kingdom profiles, saving/loading of shuffle results, a black market virtual deck, victory point calculator*, landmarks, events, and much more! Please check it out!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ojdog.android.dominion

* Note that in order to get version 1.5.0 out in advance of the Empires release, I was not able to add the Empires victory point calculation to the calculator for 1.5.0. I am working on version 1.5.1 that will add the Empires victory point calculation to the calculator; I will have that version out later this week.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom Shuffler for Dominion Version 1.5.0 Released for Android
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2016, 09:25:08 am »

Excellent news! Thanks, dwelknarr.

I have a configuration question.  The rule book recommends playing with no more than 2 Events and/or Landmarks, and that is how I intend to play.  I know that I can set the range for Events and Landmarks, individually, to 0-2.  Can I also set the range to 0-2 for those two things combined, so I don't end up with, for example, 2 of each?

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 01:52:17 pm »

I have a configuration question.  The rule book recommends playing with no more than 2 Events and/or Landmarks, and that is how I intend to play.  I know that I can set the range for Events and Landmarks, individually, to 0-2.  Can I also set the range to 0-2 for those two things combined, so I don't end up with, for example, 2 of each?
I agree with this. I'd love to be able to set a range for Landmarks and Events combined. I play with no more than 3, rather than no more than 2, but a combined range is a good feature to have.

jaybeez

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: jaybeez
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:05:45 pm »

Just wanted to say that I installed this, played around with it for a couple minutes, and so far I think it's my new favorite Dominion randomizer.  Nice work, and thanks for sharing!

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 06:36:46 pm »

Just wanted to say that I installed this, played around with it for a couple minutes, and so far I think it's my new favorite Dominion randomizer.  Nice work, and thanks for sharing!

It really is a great app.  I had been using Jack of all Dominion for quite a while when Kingdom Shuffler came out.  Kingdom Shuffler had almost all of the same features as JoaD, plus the virtual Black Market, but it had more bugs and a couple of the missing features were important to me, so JoaD had the edge.  Since then, the dev (dwelknarr) has taken feedback and improved the app with new features, bug fixes and timely content updates.  These days, Kingdom Shuffler is the only shuffler for me.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 06:38:06 pm by ObtusePunubiris »

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 05:28:37 am »
+3

As it stands right now, there is no ability to do that. After the feedback provided in this post, I will be adding that ability in release 1.5.1, which should be out in a few days.

It really is a great app.  I had been using Jack of all Dominion for quite a while when Kingdom Shuffler came out.  Kingdom Shuffler had almost all of the same features as JoaD, plus the virtual Black Market, but it had more bugs and a couple of the missing features were important to me, so JoaD had the edge.  Since then, the dev (dwelknarr) has taken feedback and improved the app with new features, bug fixes and timely content updates.  These days, Kingdom Shuffler is the only shuffler for me.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoy the app!

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »

Just to let everyoneknow, I just published 1.5.1 to the Play store. It should be available in a few hours. 1.5.1 includes the ability to treat events and landmarks together. You can manage the logic from the traits window.

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2016, 12:32:25 am »

Thanks for the update. I did have one crash when trying to change the number of players after randomizing, but other than that it's working great! The event/landmark trait works perfectly.

MrFrog

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: MrFrog
  • Respect: +101
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2016, 08:21:10 am »

The app is great, thank you!

Did you consider adding other languages? I would be glad to do a German translation.

One feature request: It would be quite nice if I could select any propability for Colony/Shelters rather than only 50 percent. Otherwise the app is just perfect for me.

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2016, 03:58:03 pm »

Thanks for the update. I did have one crash when trying to change the number of players after randomizing, but other than that it's working great! The event/landmark trait works perfectly.

I have tried every combination of updating the number of players that I can think to try and I'm not seeing a crash. If you get it again, please select the report button on the crash screen so I can troubleshoot. I'm glad you like the new event/landmark trait!

The app is great, thank you!

Did you consider adding other languages? I would be glad to do a German translation.

One feature request: It would be quite nice if I could select any propability for Colony/Shelters rather than only 50 percent. Otherwise the app is just perfect for me.

Thank you for the kind words! I am definitely open to incorporating other languages into the app. Send me a PM here and we can work out details for how you can help me provide a German translation.

Having a percentage that is different from a preset percentage (in this case I used 50%) is a bit more complicated than it seems; I could add more thresholds (like say 10%, 25%, etc.), but customizing the percentage would be a bit more complicated of a task. I will definitely look into it though.

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2016, 07:20:32 pm »

Thank you for the kind words! I am definitely open to incorporating other languages into the app. Send me a PM here and we can work out details for how you can help me provide a German translation.

Having a percentage that is different from a preset percentage (in this case I used 50%) is a bit more complicated than it seems; I could add more thresholds (like say 10%, 25%, etc.), but customizing the percentage would be a bit more complicated of a task. I will definitely look into it though.
I think preset thresholds is fine. Only having 50% is too limiting, but 10%, 25%, 33%, 66%, 75%, etc. would be a welcome addition. Even not all of them. Just a few extra options would be great.

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2016, 06:39:05 pm »
+1

I think preset thresholds is fine. Only having 50% is too limiting, but 10%, 25%, 33%, 66%, 75%, etc. would be a welcome addition. Even not all of them. Just a few extra options would be great.

Just so you know, I just published release 1.5.2, which includes the ability to select any percentage for colony/platinum and shelters. It should be available within a few hours. Once you download the new version, you'll see a slider where you can select the percentage whenever you have one of the random choices selected for colony/platinum or shelters.

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2016, 03:39:11 pm »

Would you consider adding either of these features?

1. Include all of the extra materials you need after a shuffle, such as tokens or mats.

2. Include the option to click on a card to see its effect.

If not, that's fine. I'm just curious.

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 06:48:31 am »

1. Include all of the extra materials you need after a shuffle, such as tokens or mats.

1. I have considered adding this and it is on my list of nice features to add. Up until this point I've prioritized other features ahead of this. The vast majority of people keep the tokens and mats separate from their cards and so pulling those out after pulling out the cards isn't a big deal. But yes, I do plan on adding something like this.

2. This is planned for my next major update. I wouldn't expect to see that update for several months as I'm getting married next week and there is a lot of things I need to take care of both before and after that happens.

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 09:15:39 am »

1. I have considered adding this and it is on my list of nice features to add. Up until this point I've prioritized other features ahead of this. The vast majority of people keep the tokens and mats separate from their cards and so pulling those out after pulling out the cards isn't a big deal. But yes, I do plan on adding something like this.

2. This is planned for my next major update. I wouldn't expect to see that update for several months as I'm getting married next week and there is a lot of things I need to take care of both before and after that happens.

Dude, you need to get your priorities straight!  Our shuffling needs are clearly more important than any girlfriend or wife.

But I guess... congratulations and stuff anyway! ;)

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 09:17:47 pm »

I may be using the app wrong, but I'm finding a big problem with using it--so any help would be appreciated.

The only "Traits" I have set right now that I could see possibly impacting anything are:

Events - Landmarks 1-2
Attack Cards 0-2
Black Market Range 150+

Everything else in "Traits" is a 0+ (thumbs up).

In "Cards" everything is "Weight: 10, 0+ (thumbs up)" except for Empires, which is 3+ instead of 0+. Every single time I shuffle to get a set of cards, "Catapult / Rocks" is included, which is highly, highly unlikely. And, the last time I shuffled a Kingdom I tried to remove it, and I was told that "no valid card exists to veto" which is obviously untrue where there are 250 other Kingdom cards to choose from. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? Even if I switch all of the other traits to (thumbs down), the effect seems to be the same.

In the feature request category: Is there a way to track, with app caching or whatnot, which cards have already come up in the randomizer? One of the features I like about Randominion is that you'll go through as if it's the randomizer deck, until you run out. Here, I see the same cards come up a lot (the Catapult / Rocks thing aside) before I see others at all.

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2016, 06:52:22 am »

I may be using the app wrong, but I'm finding a big problem with using it--so any help would be appreciated.

The only "Traits" I have set right now that I could see possibly impacting anything are:

Events - Landmarks 1-2
Attack Cards 0-2
Black Market Range 150+

Everything else in "Traits" is a 0+ (thumbs up).

In "Cards" everything is "Weight: 10, 0+ (thumbs up)" except for Empires, which is 3+ instead of 0+. Every single time I shuffle to get a set of cards, "Catapult / Rocks" is included, which is highly, highly unlikely. And, the last time I shuffled a Kingdom I tried to remove it, and I was told that "no valid card exists to veto" which is obviously untrue where there are 250 other Kingdom cards to choose from. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, or could help me figure out what I'm doing wrong here? Even if I switch all of the other traits to (thumbs down), the effect seems to be the same.

In the feature request category: Is there a way to track, with app caching or whatnot, which cards have already come up in the randomizer? One of the features I like about Randominion is that you'll go through as if it's the randomizer deck, until you run out. Here, I see the same cards come up a lot (the Catapult / Rocks thing aside) before I see others at all.

Can you look at the cards under Empires and take a look at the Catapult/Rocks card (if the Empires set is collapsed, click the right arrow to expand it so you can see each card setting). The only thing that explains both the frequency of Catapult/Rocks and the inability to veto it is if the card is set to always appear. To the right of the card, you should see an orange shuffle icon (two arrows that cross in the middle). If you see a green star, the card is set to always be selected. Either click on the icon to navigate through the choices or click the card to bring up the frequency window where you can modify it via the drop-down window.

Let me know if you run into any more problems after trying the suggestions above.

DLloyd09

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2016, 07:21:15 am »

Can you look at the cards under Empires and take a look at the Catapult/Rocks card (if the Empires set is collapsed, click the right arrow to expand it so you can see each card setting). The only thing that explains both the frequency of Catapult/Rocks and the inability to veto it is if the card is set to always appear. To the right of the card, you should see an orange shuffle icon (two arrows that cross in the middle). If you see a green star, the card is set to always be selected. Either click on the icon to navigate through the choices or click the card to bring up the frequency window where you can modify it via the drop-down window.

Let me know if you run into any more problems after trying the suggestions above.
Thanks for responding! I see the orange arrows/shuffle icon next to Catapult / Rocks, and its Weight is 10.

I just did another shuffle and this time I actually didn't get Catapult / Rocks (!), but I cannot veto any of the Empires cards on the selection. I'm assuming this is because I have it set to 3+, and there are currently exactly 3 cards from Empires in the set of 10. It seems that the app doesn't recognize that it could just replace the struck Empires card with a different Empires card?

(Edit: When there are 4 Empires cards chosen with the rule set to 3+, I can indeed veto.)

Also FWIW I made the Black Market range 20+, but still experiencing the same behavior.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 07:24:17 am by DLloyd09 »

stechafle

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: stechafle
  • Respect: +97
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2016, 12:33:56 pm »

Thank you for making this app, and congrats on your marriage!

I have found one bug in the Victory Point counter for Silk Road. It shows how many points a single Silk Road is worth but does not multiply by the number of Silk Road cards you have.

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »

Thanks for responding! I see the orange arrows/shuffle icon next to Catapult / Rocks, and its Weight is 10.

I just did another shuffle and this time I actually didn't get Catapult / Rocks (!), but I cannot veto any of the Empires cards on the selection. I'm assuming this is because I have it set to 3+, and there are currently exactly 3 cards from Empires in the set of 10. It seems that the app doesn't recognize that it could just replace the struck Empires card with a different Empires card?

(Edit: When there are 4 Empires cards chosen with the rule set to 3+, I can indeed veto.)

Also FWIW I made the Black Market range 20+, but still experiencing the same behavior.

I'll take a look at the veto logic for the next release. Thanks for letting me know about the issues.

Just so you know, I probably won't get to look at anything until after the wedding this coming weekend.

I have found one bug in the Victory Point counter for Silk Road. It shows how many points a single Silk Road is worth but does not multiply by the number of Silk Road cards you have.

Nice catch! I'll fix this in the next release as well.

DLloyd09

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2016, 04:29:53 pm »

I'll take a look at the veto logic for the next release. Thanks for letting me know about the issues.

Just so you know, I probably won't get to look at anything until after the wedding this coming weekend.

Thanks! I do like the interface and rule selection a lot. Congrats on your wedding!

dwelknarr

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2016, 07:02:51 am »
+1

I just published version 1.5.7 to the Play store. This contains fixes for the veto logic as well as silk road. It will be available for download in the next couple hours.

Petrovic

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +30
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 02:32:36 pm »

The only feature I would still like to see is that if I choose to sort by card alphabetically that it will remember that choice the next time I Open the app

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2016, 07:48:01 pm »
+1

The only feature I would still like to see is that if I choose to sort by card alphabetically that it will remember that choice the next time I Open the app

It won't recall the last sort selected from the Results screen, but you can set it to sort alphabetically (or otherwise) by default.  You just need to do so from the Cards screen, not the Results screen.  On the Cards screen, tap the sort icon, then tap Default Results, then choose your sort options.  Those will be the default sort options, which you can then override from the Results screen if the need arises.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.214 seconds with 21 queries.