Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: FrankerFaceZ & why yall gotta get on it  (Read 2112 times)

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
FrankerFaceZ & why yall gotta get on it
« on: June 07, 2016, 07:21:32 pm »
+3

hi everyone, there's a browser extension for Twitch that's become increasingly popular as of late, and i think our scene could have some fun with it. that would be...

FrankerFaceZ

so the main thing this does is allow anyone to create & view custom emotes for specific channels, though they have to be approved by the people in charge of the extension (so as to prevent stuff that's too lewd etc.).  imagine being able to post a pic of Silver in Mic's chat...or in SCSN's chat : - )  or you could add the Tactician's facepalm - the possibilities are endless!

again, the emotes are tied to channels, so you'd have to submit the same thing twice if you wanted to use it in 2 different channels.  but yea that's the gist of it.

oh yeah, and you can use phrases as emotes but they'd probably have to be really short ones due to Twitch size limits.  like "Thinning is Whinning" is almost certainly too much.  you'd also have to put them in picture form somehow, obviously.

anyway, there you go & have fun~
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 07:22:36 pm by funkdoc »

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: FrankerFaceZ & why yall gotta get on it
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2016, 03:51:37 pm »

so i went ahead and made some dominion emotes for this thing!  thing is you gotta make the background transparent so they don't look weird in chat, and i can't do that until tonight.  i'll do that then submit them.

the process is actually a lot easier than i realized.  once someone submits an emote, you can just add it to your channel right away if you use the plugin and connect it with your twitch account.  remember that you need the plugin to view these emotes as well as add new ones!

thus far i've made tactician (this will be named FailTact in honor of twitch's native facepalm emote), silver, potion, and my personal fav the haggler

EDIT: oh yeah and you have a limit of 25 FFZ emotes for your channel unless you donate to them IIRC
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:52:47 pm by funkdoc »

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2016, 05:09:04 pm »

NotLikeThis NotLikeThis
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

funkdoc

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 12:12:34 am »

alright, they got approved!

http://www.frankerfacez.com/emoticons/user/srkfunkdoc

if you wanna make your own or improve these, go right ahead!  and again, if you install the plugin in the OP, you can freely use any of these in your own channel!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.