Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Author Topic: Where did you buy / pre-order Empires? Has it shipped yet?  (Read 58518 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Where did you buy / pre-order Empires? Has it shipped yet?
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2016, 11:47:03 pm »

Sacrifice seems to be pretty strong.  Legionary is a bitch, particularly when Wedding is on the board.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 12, 2016, 12:46:55 am »

First game!

(Empires cards IRL)

Are the debt tokens metal? For some reason I thought they were cardboard like the adventures tokens.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #102 on: June 12, 2016, 12:50:53 am »

All the tokens in Empires are metal.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #103 on: June 12, 2016, 06:33:34 am »
+2

\m/
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2016, 11:33:51 am »

Just got my copy - here's a rundown of the interesting points:
  • My inlay came bent and damaged :'(. This is clearly not the case for all copies, as Wero's isn't. Inlay is same size as all prior ones and is made of the same not-as-glossy material as the Adventures one.

I think every inlay I've ever gotten in a Dominion box has been bent and damaged.  I don't care because I don't use them anyway, but man, I don't know why they don't just put that under the plastic insert when packaging.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2016, 02:12:19 pm »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2016, 11:50:43 pm »

My cards are in!

The quality is very good as others have reported, but unfortunately my set had a few minor issues.

Most of my copies of Forum have off center backs.  Not quite 1/3-2/3 edges like the worst cuts I had from Adventures, but definitely noticeable. These got a bit worse as from the first to the last.  The first one is not at all noticeable. the last 6-8 are. I assume this is pretty much a fluke as these are the only ones with a noticeable shift.

One of my Catapults has a damaged edge, but this is just because it is the last card in the pack and must have gotten dinged there.

The thing I found most odd (but don't care about) is that a very large percentage of the cards in the black and red band packs (Groundskeeper-Wild Hunt + start of split piles and end of split piles/castles/events/landmarks/randomizers) are quite noticeably shifted to the left on the front. They are not (or only barely) shifted on the back.  Just something I noticed when going through them.

The last thing I had was some small spots (tarnish or something?) on a 3 or 4 of my Debt tokens. I might try polishing it off at some point, but it isn't something I would consider getting replaced.

Played my first game tonight, but the Empires cards ended up being not heavily involved, so I'll have to bias more strongly next time, or just play an all Empires board. 

buckyball

• Swindler
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2016, 01:09:39 am »

Still waiting to get an update from Miniature Market. Don't know what takes them so long.

tristan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +193
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2016, 03:53:25 am »

My cards are in!

The quality is very good as others have reported, but unfortunately my set had a few minor issues.

Most of my copies of Forum have off center backs.  Not quite 1/3-2/3 edges like the worst cuts I had from Adventures, but definitely noticeable. These got a bit worse as from the first to the last.  The first one is not at all noticeable. the last 6-8 are. I assume this is pretty much a fluke as these are the only ones with a noticeable shift.

One of my Catapults has a damaged edge, but this is just because it is the last card in the pack and must have gotten dinged there.

The thing I found most odd (but don't care about) is that a very large percentage of the cards in the black and red band packs (Groundskeeper-Wild Hunt + start of split piles and end of split piles/castles/events/landmarks/randomizers) are quite noticeably shifted to the left on the front. They are not (or only barely) shifted on the back.  Just something I noticed when going through them.

The last thing I had was some small spots (tarnish or something?) on a 3 or 4 of my Debt tokens. I might try polishing it off at some point, but it isn't something I would consider getting replaced.

Played my first game tonight, but the Empires cards ended up being not heavily involved, so I'll have to bias more strongly next time, or just play an all Empires board.
OK, like with the Adventures mess-up that's not a big thing but it is not trivial enough either to not make me not think twice about buying this set.

DLloyd09

• Baron
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2016, 06:24:24 am »

I got my card dividers from SpielGeek last night... now I just need the actual game to get there today!

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1757
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2016, 10:05:14 am »
+1

My cards are in!

OK, like with the Adventures mess-up that's not a big thing but it is not trivial enough either to not make me not think twice about buying this set.

RGG is really good about replacing damaged/messed up parts, so I wouldn't worry too much.  The process was frustrating with Adventures replacements because a good chunk of my replacements were still miscut the first time around.

Based on the other responses here, and the low quantity of errors I had, I wouldn't assume the amount of issues are beyond expectations of the average game. Cards have the unfortunate issue of effecting gameplay if they are marked on the back. I've gotten a number of deformed houses and other wooden pieces in other games, and I know publishers replace those too, but it does not effect the game, so those don't bother me.

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2016, 10:54:43 am »

I received my copy of Empires and dividers from Spielgeek yesterday. No quality issues with my copy.

I was able to get two games in last night. I'll post more in depth thoughts once I've had more time to play with the set, but initially I've got to say these cards are a lot of fun. I thought the debt mechanic might be cumbersome, but it works seamlessly. Fortune was great. When it starts hitting, man that card is a blast. Castles was also fun especially because we had no idea what strategy to use with those.

The landmark mechanic was also a big hit. These add so much variety to the game, not only conceptually but also physically with the placement of VP tokens on the cards. Player interaction with mountain pass was exactly what I hoped it would be. Defiled shrine was a hilarious game of chicken.

All around, this is the most fun I have had  with an expansion right out of the gate. Looking forward to playing with the rest of the cards.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2016, 11:06:12 am »

Still waiting to get an update from Miniature Market. Don't know what takes them so long.

I'm never preordering from them again. All of the other places have shipped Dominion: Empires by now. They don't even have it. In fact, I'm probably going to go cancel my order now.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:07 am »
+1

I'm never preordering from them again. All of the other places have shipped Dominion: Empires by now. They don't even have it. In fact, I'm probably going to go cancel my order now.

I had a similar experience when Adventures came out with them. Never again.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1487
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #114 on: June 14, 2016, 01:39:31 pm »

My copy just got here (from Amazon)! Unfortunately most of my Dominion friends are away, so maybe we should try and get some Skype games going.

flaquito

• Steward
  • Respect: +36
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »

My copy from CSI got to the post office too late for them to deliver it. So I went and picked it up in person.  ;D Looking forward to playing tonight.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2016, 01:43:20 pm »

Just ordered from Amazon, it says it will arrive by June 20th. So we'll see. I'm waiting for Miniature Market to have the set before then, because that's how real life works.

buckyball

• Swindler
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »

With a friend ordering a game which helps me reach the free shipping threshold and some discount from rewards points, it's quite a saving for me. I will stick with them for a bit longer. But yeah other places have been selling the game since last Friday but they still don't have it, really?

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 14, 2016, 02:25:20 pm »

So my local game shop said they'd get it last Friday. They didn't. Then they said they'd get it yesterday or today. They didn't. Now they're saying this Friday. I don't know what the deal with all that is, but I've been getting a bit angry and twitchy.

Oh, and I called another game shop not too far from me in Connecticut and they don't have it either. All I want to do is play this freaking expansion. So, I guess, all you forum goes will just have to tell me how awesome it is while I wait a year for either of the two game shops near me to get it.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2016, 02:28:23 pm »
+1

So my local game shop said they'd get it last Friday. They didn't. Then they said they'd get it yesterday or today. They didn't. Now they're saying this Friday. I don't know what the deal with all that is, but I've been getting a bit angry and twitchy.

Oh, and I called another game shop not too far from me in Connecticut and they don't have it either. All I want to do is play this freaking expansion. So, I guess, all you forum goes will just have to tell me how awesome it is while I wait a year for either of the two game shops near me to get it.

It took a year for Adventures?

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »

I fully support buying from your FLGS, but Amazon and Cool stuff Inc both have it in stock last I checked and can likely ship it to you before the end of the week.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2016, 02:32:50 pm »

Does FLGS stand for Fucking Local Game Store?

flaquito

• Steward
  • Respect: +36
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2016, 02:37:42 pm »

Does FLGS stand for Fucking Local Game Store?

When talking about CSI, it stands for Florida-Local Game Store.

Hockey Mask

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2016, 06:22:43 pm »

I gave up on my FLGS and ordered from Amazon. It'll be here tomorrow. Too bad cause I would rather support my game store but I need to Dominion while the Dominioning is good.
-The Compulsive Completist

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2016, 06:25:08 pm »

I gave up on my FLGS and ordered from Amazon. It'll be here tomorrow. Too bad cause I would rather support my game store but I need to Dominion while the Dominioning is good.

How? I ordered and I have to wait until the 20th.

edit: Never mind then. It is arriving Thursday.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.