Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Dominion videos by me!  (Read 26666 times)

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion videos by me!
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »

Great video. Love it :-) Very inspiring
Greetings,
SirDagen

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 07:55:07 am »

The yesterday's streaming was great. I love to listen to your comments and like your calm and awake way. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy your day.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:25:28 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

Question/comment/quandary/thing:

Does anyone who follows my channel really feel the need for the Youtube channel anymore?  I'm just wondering.  It hit me after a rather disastrous stream the other day that in some sense many of the games I record are not worth saving, either due to weak commentary, frankly bad play or a combination of them.  I'm not saying I'm going to stop streaming important games (The Twitch account will stay active), but I am wondering if there is any need to take the time to edit and post them on Youtube, particularly the League games.  They're averaging ~30 views per video, though some of them could not be full views or could be bots, so the value is questionable.  (There is also plenty of competition now from much better players for your time, which was not the case when I started doing this)

I am simply beginning to suspect that since watching games live is now in fashion, most viewers simply don't take the time to watch recordings unless they are huge deals like the GokoDom finals, and I don't want to invest time on something of little interest to anyone.  I could be swayed either way, though.  Let me know if you have a strong opinion one way or another.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

Does anyone who follows my channel really feel the need for the Youtube channel anymore?  I'm just wondering.  It hit me after a rather disastrous stream the other day that in some sense many of the games I record are not worth saving, either due to weak commentary, frankly bad play or a combination of them.  I'm not saying I'm going to stop streaming important games (The Twitch account will stay active), but I am wondering if there is any need to take the time to edit and post them on Youtube, particularly the League games.  They're averaging ~30 views per video, though some of them could not be full views or could be bots, so the value is questionable.  (There is also plenty of competition now from much better players for your time, which was not the case when I started doing this)

I am simply beginning to suspect that since watching games live is now in fashion, most viewers simply don't take the time to watch recordings unless they are huge deals like the GokoDom finals, and I don't want to invest time on something of little interest to anyone.  I could be swayed either way, though.  Let me know if you have a strong opinion one way or another.

Just my 2 cents: I love watching your videos and rather rewatch missed streamed games on youtube because I can comment on them there.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 06:23:11 pm »

I have no need for youtube; if I miss someone's match I just watch it from the twitch archives. I didn't even know you had a youtube channel. If editing to put stuff on youtube is a hassle (and even the very minor edits I do to create twitch highlights of individual games is a hassle for me), I wouldn't mind at all if you stopped doing it, so long as the archives are still on twitch.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:09 am »

I try to watch all games from my favorite broadcasters (which you are one of). If I miss live stream, I make sure to watch the recording. Sadly no one seems to notice that on twitch: I cannot like or post something nice after watching it. So I am happy to express it here. Thanks for the opportunity/question.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:58:22 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 08:28:35 am »

I have no need for youtube; if I miss someone's match I just watch it from the twitch archives. I didn't even know you had a youtube channel. If editing to put stuff on youtube is a hassle (and even the very minor edits I do to create twitch highlights of individual games is a hassle for me), I wouldn't mind at all if you stopped doing it, so long as the archives are still on twitch.

Is it possible to watch the Twitch archives from the iPhone app?  Haven't been able to figure that out.  Much of my Dominion video watching is from my phone, so YouTube is much more convenient in that regard.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:20 am »

Is it possible to watch the Twitch archives from the iPhone app?  Haven't been able to figure that out.  Much of my Dominion video watching is from my phone, so YouTube is much more convenient in that regard.

I believe this is not currently possible, but twitch is planning to make it possible as part of their "don't save archives forever" campaign.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.