Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Dominion videos by me!  (Read 26670 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Re: Dominion videos by me!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 10:25:20 am »

Here's another Dark Ages video, this one showing off a Curse + Ruins game and the madness inherent.

Quote from: Eevee on November 22, 2012, 10:28:35 pm
I think it would be helpful if you read the new cards or at least paraphrased them (when making DA videos). At least I dont know most of them. Maybe also explain why the strategy you choose is the best one in your opinion?

Nice videos by the way!

I recorded a video doing that way before this, but thought most of the users here would already know what all the cards do (and also didn't want to keep my opponent waiting...).  Will keep that in mind, though, since they're newish.

I have no idea if my strategies are the best ones with the DA cards.  Still just making it up as I go!  But hopefully I can better explain myself in the future.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:17 am »

Here is Dark Ages #3, this one a nail-biter featuring Poor House and Forager as key cards.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:50 am »

3:44 you play the Forager, trash the Estate, play 2 Coppers and have 2 Coins. Shouldn't that be three?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 11:39:16 am »

3:44 you play the Forager, trash the Estate, play 2 Coppers and have 2 Coins. Shouldn't that be three?

I don't think a Copper had been trashed at that point?  Not on my computer or I'd check.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:43:50 am »

I don't think a Copper had been trashed at that point?  Not on my computer or I'd check.

Yeah, just came back to realize that it only counts Treasures...

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 01:14:50 pm »

You've had several chances to trash Fortress to Forager and get +coin for free. Also Throne Rooming Poor Houses is strong, and you've hardly done it.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

You've had several chances to trash Fortress to Forager and get +coin for free. Also Throne Rooming Poor Houses is strong, and you've hardly done it.

I know there was one turn where I wanted to draw rather than TR the Poor House and it didn't work out, but yes, I should have gone for that combo more.  Chalk it up to not knowing the cards well just yet I guess.  As for trashing Fortress, I'm sure I missed one or two, but I also think it's more valuable to trash Estates and Coppers than to draw a card in a lot of cases.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:38 pm »
+1

Thanks for posting these. I have the set IRL and my wife and I play, but I have yet to use Poor House effectively so it was neat to see a strategy built around it. Like you mentioned in one of the videos, the combos and strategies will undoubtedly become more obvious with experience.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

Hey jsh, how about you play a few games against me on Goko sometime and post the videos up. I have all the sets as well, so you can make a video showing how DA interacts with the other sets as well.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 07:33:22 pm »

I'll try to if I see you on there.  sadly, my acceptable recording times are limited and I can't really schedule anything.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »

I'll try to if I see you on there.  sadly, my acceptable recording times are limited and I can't really schedule anything.

That's cool. I usually type all sets on my username.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:04 am »

Here is Dark Ages 4, in which there are Knights and I get to use the on trash effects of both Hunting Grounds and Catacombs for once.

Dark Ages 5, sort of an Engine vs BM-ish deal here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:15:29 pm by jsh357 »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »
+1

Another new game on Goko, this time with other sets mixed in:

Man, I totally forgot to keep this thread updated... I have been doing a series of games using just one expansion in each (in preparation for the PAX East tournament).

Base:
Intrigue:
Seaside:
Alchemy:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:58:39 pm by jsh357 »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
+2

Another new game on Goko, this time with other sets mixed in:

We should totally record a game together sometime.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

I will be posting some videos of games involving Guilds for a bit.  Not sure if I'll continue making standard game videos after that or not, but I might as well post some out of interest in the expansion.

Here is the first one I put together; I'll post one a day until I cycle through all the expansions.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »

Going to do a test stream (hopefully it will work out for GokoDom), starting in just a second:

http://www.twitch.tv/jsh357

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:57 pm »

i find no "past broadcasts" :(
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »

i find no "past broadcasts" :(

It went OK the second time around.  I don't know why Twitch did not save the videos, though they were not particularly exciting.  When I record actual matches I plan to post them on Youtube (with editing) so there will be no need to catch the actual streams.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 02:27:42 pm »

You can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:41:33 pm by AdamH »
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »
+1

You can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your vYou can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube).ideos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.

Thanks.  I'm ok with saving them to my machine and editing, though.  I always edit my videos.  In fact, it's my favorite part of the whole thing oddly.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2707
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your vYou can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube).ideos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.

Uh, what?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

Uh, what?

Copy/paste error. Sorry.  :-[ OP fixed.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 03:51:56 pm »

Thanks.  I'm ok with saving them to my machine and editing, though.

if you don't like the idea of the unedited stream being seen outside of the live experience, that's your call, but I'd like to encourage you to let me/ppl watch it.  the saved streams are auto-deleted by twitch iinm, so they're not around forever anyway.  I like to watch streams, but it's a bit difficult for me to watch them live generally. 

also,
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »
+2

I hit 100 subs today... Surprised so many have added me recently (though several are for my non-Dominion content) since I basically stopped doing videos, but I should have some out soon come GokoDom.  Thanks to everyone who did at any rate.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »
+1

For the 100 subs, I uploaded a different type of video than usual (since Goko isn't working).  Hopefully it's entertaining.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.