Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Dominion videos by me!  (Read 26603 times)

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
Dominion videos by me!
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:30:13 pm »
+3

Log of videos Posted:

Playlist:

(I stopped listing all the videos here because it was getting tedious and silly.  You can get to all of them from the Playlist)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It's slightly better played in the "Large Player" mode, but not as pretty as WanderingWinder's videos yet.

I thought I'd give this a shot, it looked like a lot of fun.  This was a very simple game against shura_k, but it did show a good case of Bishop being a "trap" against a faster strategy.  I appreciate any comments or criticisms, and yeah, I know my voice is a little weird. 

Boring quality/editing stuff:
Youtube screwed my quality a bit, looks a little like the video theory posted. :/  I have a good idea how to make this better if I record another (Crop out the sides from the start before adding my silly annotations.  I'd edit it now but it would be quite an undertaking for an experimental video)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:51:24 pm by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
Re: A mediocre player posts videos to make better players cringe
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:00 pm »
+1

I thought you played that game quite well. Sea Hag was likely the right decision. Had he taken a sea hag also, fool's gold would probably have been a bad idea, but his Bishop opening made it a good idea. Basically every time you play the sea hag and he plays a bishop, his deck size stays the same while yours gets smaller. And as you pointed out, he took all the early game trashing to gain 10 points, which you made up in a single buy.

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 04:35:33 pm »

Added to the DS channel.

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 04:38:48 pm »
+1

Just in terms of editing, the popups were somewhat distracting and I would stay away from them. It's one thing to have a clean list of key cards in the deck, but MTV-style text bubbles with explosion edges just looks amateurish. I'd strongly prefer a simpler, cleaner look.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 04:42:11 pm »

Just in terms of editing, the popups were somewhat distracting and I would stay away from them. It's one thing to have a clean list of key cards in the deck, but MTV-style text bubbles with explosion edges just looks amateurish. I'd strongly prefer a simpler, cleaner look.

Yeah, it seemed like a better idea while I was making it than watching it.  I've never used the things in other videos I've made; probably plain text when an annotation is needed works better.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Dominion videos by me!
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 02:02:52 pm »
+3

Here is another video, this one showing off Tactician/Tunnel in a three-player game:

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:22:53 pm »

That's nice. You're right, I've never seen that before.

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 10:46:55 pm »

That's nice. You're right, I've never seen that before.
You haven't? It is very dominant when together. Add 1-2 Golems and you are set :)
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Atto

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2012, 05:33:51 am »

Great combo. I thought this should work and tried it out once. I horribly failed, so i don't know if i would have played it a second time.
Watching your video i think the key is to buy the two Tacticians first and only as few Tunnels as possible, as you say.
With this information, I will definitely play this strategy again, the next time it is on a board.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:05 pm »
+1

I find it hard to imagine that 2 other players playing straight BM-Envoy or BM-Smithy wouldn't beat that outright. The end of turn 14 still has 10 (!) Provinces left in the supply, and you bought 1 of them.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 09:27:51 pm »

I find it hard to imagine that 2 other players playing straight BM-Envoy or BM-Smithy wouldn't beat that outright. The end of turn 14 still has 10 (!) Provinces left in the supply, and you bought 1 of them.

I'm sure that's true  (In fact, in doing some solitaire testing I'm pretty sure Tactician/Money beats Tactician/Tunnel).  A shame when fun combos aren't optimal, but sometimes it's nice to try them anyway.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:30:04 pm by jsh357 »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 06:24:56 pm »

Well, I've been recording a lot of matches lately but haven't run in to one that felt too interesting for a while.  I liked this one (which was against an unregistered user) that shows a situation in which I found Duchess helpful (critical even):

I didn't get a chance to ask the player permission... (I had been doing that for a bit before starting games, but it seemed like it made the whole thing awkward or might make it seem like I'm only posting wins for massive ego inflation when a video didn't go up.  On that note, I'm not, this has all just been coincidence/my commentary generally means more if I do actually win)  It seems like other video posters haven't either but I'd like to think this is all consensual.  I guess I'll adopt the policy that if anyone doesn't like their game being posted I'll remove it.

A mistake that might be a bit distracting: Occasionally one of the cards in my hand is cut off the screen.  I'm still wrestling with finding the right screen size to get the best possible picture quality, so bear with me here.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 04:11:32 pm »
+1

This one's not that great, but I had to get my feelings on Tournament out of the way I guess.

RobertJ

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 04:03:11 pm »

I was your opponent in that Fool's Gold/Tournament game. Thanks for the 5 minutes 53 seconds of fame! I'm glad I didn't make too many egregious mistakes.

For what it's worth I think I considered Fool's Gold for a while too but without a cheap +buy and no trashing but Moneylender it looked too unlikely to get a good density of them. I don't know whether this really is the case or whether I just got lucky with the Tournament hit.

Thanks again for the game. Hope to play you again sometime.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 04:11:37 pm »

I was your opponent in that Fool's Gold/Tournament game. Thanks for the 5 minutes 53 seconds of fame! I'm glad I didn't make too many egregious mistakes.

For what it's worth I think I considered Fool's Gold for a while too but without a cheap +buy and no trashing but Moneylender it looked too unlikely to get a good density of them. I don't know whether this really is the case or whether I just got lucky with the Tournament hit.

Thanks again for the game. Hope to play you again sometime.

You're probably right.  I tend to overrate FG

I put up another video today:

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 02:39:24 pm »
+2

Had a (casual) tournament round this morning, and made some more videos.  I really need to update that original post.

And this one just for fun afterward:

def

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +166
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 03:59:39 pm »
+1

Nice, keep it up. I like how you comment the things, revealing your thought process.
One thing I noticed: While this in-video text like (no real quotes, out of my mind) "in hindsight I should have ..." or "probably a mistake, ..." are good as postgame analysis, I don't like them popping up during the video at all, since they are spoiling the result, basically telling me you lost this game before I finished watching it. I'd prefer tension over analysis here.
If you want to do this kind of analysis, maybe in the video description?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 04:12:03 pm »
+1

Nice, keep it up. I like how you comment the things, revealing your thought process.
One thing I noticed: While this in-video text like (no real quotes, out of my mind) "in hindsight I should have ..." or "probably a mistake, ..." are good as postgame analysis, I don't like them popping up during the video at all, since they are spoiling the result, basically telling me you lost this game before I finished watching it. I'd prefer tension over analysis here.
If you want to do this kind of analysis, maybe in the video description?

That is a good thought, which I hadn't really considered... (I guess I'm not thinking of the videos as a form of entertainment when they are pretty much 60% that)  Next time perhaps I'll try adding a post-game follow up section/conclusion paragraph at the tail of the video.  It's an interesting idea.

paddyodoors

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 10:45:15 am »

That is a good thought, which I hadn't really considered... (I guess I'm not thinking of the videos as a form of entertainment when they are pretty much 60% that)  Next time perhaps I'll try adding a post-game follow up section/conclusion paragraph at the tail of the video.  It's an interesting idea.

Yes, I think a couple of simple, basic PP slides at the end of the video would be perfect for this!

Kelume

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +76
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »

Great videos! I definitely liked hearing the other side of the games. :) I liked the mid-game explanations here but I guess the endings were already spoiled for me, haha.

Game 1 - the Fishing Village was mostly in the event that I had some time to pick up a Nobles, but when I had the opportunity Gold felt like the better buy.

Game 2, I think your plan was a bit better than mine with the Smithies, but I think you greened a bit early, which let me take the lead in Provinces.

I definitely made some mistakes in game 3 - I for some reason thought Talismans let me double up on Islands; I think Fool's Gold also was the right choice there. I also played a bit quick and misplayed a couple buys, as WW rightly pointed out in the Youtube comments, thinking that $5 would only get me a Duchy when I had a bridge in play.

Game 4 was a bit frustrating, I had 5 curses and still all 3 estates by turn 8 despite the same opening and two Salvagers. I blame bad luck as you mention but I feel it's deserved! This one seemed decided by turn 5.

Game 5, you pretty much explained my strategy correctly. I Remade the Native Village because it had a Province and nothing else on it and I would much rather a silver at that point. I was also making a point of avoiding Harems when there were other options to mitigate the Smuggler risk.

The bonus game was definitely decided by the trader and that huge influx of Silver. I was hoping to win the split on Silk Roads by starting first but you nabbed the same number as me, and had the better endgame with Trader. Well chosen. :)

All in all, I had fun and definitely learned some things! If you or anyone else has comments on my play, I'm happy to hear it.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 11:08:48 am »

Another video... Going to try and start uploading more for a while, but we'll see what happens.

Highway, Mint, Horse Traders

Recording tournament matches live has been too distracting for me, but I might record them and do post-commentary.  That could be interesting.

Hey, it's been a while, but I thought I'd try recording a few games again.  I think the audio sounds pretty messed up for some reason, but eh, I can always fix it next time.  Neat little Vineyard game this time.

Another on 11/15:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:08:20 am by jsh357 »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 11:08:08 am »
+2

I've decided to put up some Dark Ages videos.  Let me know how terrible/easy to follow Goko is on video, as I'm a bit unsure.  Should I check the log periodically? 

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2012, 11:33:10 am »

The animations were mostly slow enough to follow. What I would suggest is checking the log at the end (or before the end of your last turn), and scroll through so that someone can pause the video and check what happened at a specific point.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

The animations were mostly slow enough to follow. What I would suggest is checking the log at the end (or before the end of your last turn), and scroll through so that someone can pause the video and check what happened at a specific point.

Ah, good suggestion.  I can also try slowing it down 1 more setting, but man, that's too slow.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

I think it would be helpful if you read the new cards or at least paraphrased them (when making DA videos). At least I dont know most of them. Maybe also explain why the strategy you choose is the best one in your opinion?

Nice videos by the way!

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 10:25:20 am »

Here's another Dark Ages video, this one showing off a Curse + Ruins game and the madness inherent.

Quote from: Eevee on November 22, 2012, 10:28:35 pm
I think it would be helpful if you read the new cards or at least paraphrased them (when making DA videos). At least I dont know most of them. Maybe also explain why the strategy you choose is the best one in your opinion?

Nice videos by the way!

I recorded a video doing that way before this, but thought most of the users here would already know what all the cards do (and also didn't want to keep my opponent waiting...).  Will keep that in mind, though, since they're newish.

I have no idea if my strategies are the best ones with the DA cards.  Still just making it up as I go!  But hopefully I can better explain myself in the future.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2012, 11:26:17 am »

Here is Dark Ages #3, this one a nail-biter featuring Poor House and Forager as key cards.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:50 am »

3:44 you play the Forager, trash the Estate, play 2 Coppers and have 2 Coins. Shouldn't that be three?

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2012, 11:39:16 am »

3:44 you play the Forager, trash the Estate, play 2 Coppers and have 2 Coins. Shouldn't that be three?

I don't think a Copper had been trashed at that point?  Not on my computer or I'd check.

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2012, 11:43:50 am »

I don't think a Copper had been trashed at that point?  Not on my computer or I'd check.

Yeah, just came back to realize that it only counts Treasures...

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 01:14:50 pm »

You've had several chances to trash Fortress to Forager and get +coin for free. Also Throne Rooming Poor Houses is strong, and you've hardly done it.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 01:17:17 pm »

You've had several chances to trash Fortress to Forager and get +coin for free. Also Throne Rooming Poor Houses is strong, and you've hardly done it.

I know there was one turn where I wanted to draw rather than TR the Poor House and it didn't work out, but yes, I should have gone for that combo more.  Chalk it up to not knowing the cards well just yet I guess.  As for trashing Fortress, I'm sure I missed one or two, but I also think it's more valuable to trash Estates and Coppers than to draw a card in a lot of cases.

D Bo

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +93
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 01:22:38 pm »
+1

Thanks for posting these. I have the set IRL and my wife and I play, but I have yet to use Poor House effectively so it was neat to see a strategy built around it. Like you mentioned in one of the videos, the combos and strategies will undoubtedly become more obvious with experience.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

Hey jsh, how about you play a few games against me on Goko sometime and post the videos up. I have all the sets as well, so you can make a video showing how DA interacts with the other sets as well.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2012, 07:33:22 pm »

I'll try to if I see you on there.  sadly, my acceptable recording times are limited and I can't really schedule anything.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2012, 07:52:43 pm »

I'll try to if I see you on there.  sadly, my acceptable recording times are limited and I can't really schedule anything.

That's cool. I usually type all sets on my username.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:04 am »

Here is Dark Ages 4, in which there are Knights and I get to use the on trash effects of both Hunting Grounds and Catacombs for once.

Dark Ages 5, sort of an Engine vs BM-ish deal here.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 12:15:29 pm by jsh357 »

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2012, 12:21:28 pm »
+1

Another new game on Goko, this time with other sets mixed in:

Man, I totally forgot to keep this thread updated... I have been doing a series of games using just one expansion in each (in preparation for the PAX East tournament).

Base:
Intrigue:
Seaside:
Alchemy:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 02:58:39 pm by jsh357 »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2012, 12:38:18 pm »
+2

Another new game on Goko, this time with other sets mixed in:

We should totally record a game together sometime.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2013, 03:00:32 pm »

I will be posting some videos of games involving Guilds for a bit.  Not sure if I'll continue making standard game videos after that or not, but I might as well post some out of interest in the expansion.

Here is the first one I put together; I'll post one a day until I cycle through all the expansions.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2014, 05:30:26 pm »

Going to do a test stream (hopefully it will work out for GokoDom), starting in just a second:

http://www.twitch.tv/jsh357

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2014, 02:11:57 pm »

i find no "past broadcasts" :(
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2014, 02:16:47 pm »

i find no "past broadcasts" :(

It went OK the second time around.  I don't know why Twitch did not save the videos, though they were not particularly exciting.  When I record actual matches I plan to post them on Youtube (with editing) so there will be no need to catch the actual streams.

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2014, 02:27:42 pm »

You can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:41:33 pm by AdamH »
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2014, 02:33:49 pm »
+1

You can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your vYou can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube).ideos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.

Thanks.  I'm ok with saving them to my machine and editing, though.  I always edit my videos.  In fact, it's my favorite part of the whole thing oddly.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2014, 02:34:37 pm »

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your vYou can go into your channel settings and enable Twitch to save your broadcasts automatically. This is not enabled by default (though apparently it used to be). From there, you can highlight those broadcasts to pick out your favorite games and store them on you Twitch channel. If you connect your Twitch account to your YouTube account, you can use Twitch's exporter (which isn't the best thing ever, but it works) to send those videos directly to your YouTube channel. I've done this with a couple of videos.

It's kind of a pain, but it saves you the trouble of having to save your videos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube).ideos locally and then upload them again, and it also puts the videos on your Twitch account in case people want to view them there (though the ads are kind of ridiculous and the interface isn't as good as YouTube). You also lose the ability to do video editing past the basic Only-use-this-continuous-part-of-the-video-instead-of-the-whole-thing.

Uh, what?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

AdamH

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Adam Horton
  • You make your own shuffle luck
  • Respect: +3879
    • View Profile
    • My Dominion Videos
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2014, 02:42:02 pm »

Uh, what?

Copy/paste error. Sorry.  :-[ OP fixed.
Visit my blog for links to a whole bunch of Dominion content I've made.

flies

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: flies
  • Statistical mechanics of hard rods on a 1D lattice
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
    • ask the atheists
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2014, 03:51:56 pm »

Thanks.  I'm ok with saving them to my machine and editing, though.

if you don't like the idea of the unedited stream being seen outside of the live experience, that's your call, but I'd like to encourage you to let me/ppl watch it.  the saved streams are auto-deleted by twitch iinm, so they're not around forever anyway.  I like to watch streams, but it's a bit difficult for me to watch them live generally. 

also,
Gotta be efficient when most of your hand coordination is spent trying to apply mascara to your beard.
flies Dominionates on youtube

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 08:27:05 pm »
+2

I hit 100 subs today... Surprised so many have added me recently (though several are for my non-Dominion content) since I basically stopped doing videos, but I should have some out soon come GokoDom.  Thanks to everyone who did at any rate.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2014, 04:56:11 pm »
+1

For the 100 subs, I uploaded a different type of video than usual (since Goko isn't working).  Hopefully it's entertaining.

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2014, 05:41:47 pm »

Great video. Love it :-) Very inspiring
Greetings,
SirDagen

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 07:55:07 am »

The yesterday's streaming was great. I love to listen to your comments and like your calm and awake way. Looking forward to hearing more from you. Enjoy your day.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 10:25:28 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2014, 05:09:34 pm »

Question/comment/quandary/thing:

Does anyone who follows my channel really feel the need for the Youtube channel anymore?  I'm just wondering.  It hit me after a rather disastrous stream the other day that in some sense many of the games I record are not worth saving, either due to weak commentary, frankly bad play or a combination of them.  I'm not saying I'm going to stop streaming important games (The Twitch account will stay active), but I am wondering if there is any need to take the time to edit and post them on Youtube, particularly the League games.  They're averaging ~30 views per video, though some of them could not be full views or could be bots, so the value is questionable.  (There is also plenty of competition now from much better players for your time, which was not the case when I started doing this)

I am simply beginning to suspect that since watching games live is now in fashion, most viewers simply don't take the time to watch recordings unless they are huge deals like the GokoDom finals, and I don't want to invest time on something of little interest to anyone.  I could be swayed either way, though.  Let me know if you have a strong opinion one way or another.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2014, 05:13:30 pm »

Does anyone who follows my channel really feel the need for the Youtube channel anymore?  I'm just wondering.  It hit me after a rather disastrous stream the other day that in some sense many of the games I record are not worth saving, either due to weak commentary, frankly bad play or a combination of them.  I'm not saying I'm going to stop streaming important games (The Twitch account will stay active), but I am wondering if there is any need to take the time to edit and post them on Youtube, particularly the League games.  They're averaging ~30 views per video, though some of them could not be full views or could be bots, so the value is questionable.  (There is also plenty of competition now from much better players for your time, which was not the case when I started doing this)

I am simply beginning to suspect that since watching games live is now in fashion, most viewers simply don't take the time to watch recordings unless they are huge deals like the GokoDom finals, and I don't want to invest time on something of little interest to anyone.  I could be swayed either way, though.  Let me know if you have a strong opinion one way or another.

Just my 2 cents: I love watching your videos and rather rewatch missed streamed games on youtube because I can comment on them there.

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2014, 06:23:11 pm »

I have no need for youtube; if I miss someone's match I just watch it from the twitch archives. I didn't even know you had a youtube channel. If editing to put stuff on youtube is a hassle (and even the very minor edits I do to create twitch highlights of individual games is a hassle for me), I wouldn't mind at all if you stopped doing it, so long as the archives are still on twitch.

SirD

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2014, 08:10:09 am »

I try to watch all games from my favorite broadcasters (which you are one of). If I miss live stream, I make sure to watch the recording. Sadly no one seems to notice that on twitch: I cannot like or post something nice after watching it. So I am happy to express it here. Thanks for the opportunity/question.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 08:58:22 am by SirD »
Greetings,
SirDagen

theright555J

• Moneylender
  • Dragged into engines kicking and screaming!
  • Respect: +171
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 31, 2014, 08:28:35 am »

I have no need for youtube; if I miss someone's match I just watch it from the twitch archives. I didn't even know you had a youtube channel. If editing to put stuff on youtube is a hassle (and even the very minor edits I do to create twitch highlights of individual games is a hassle for me), I wouldn't mind at all if you stopped doing it, so long as the archives are still on twitch.

Is it possible to watch the Twitch archives from the iPhone app?  Haven't been able to figure that out.  Much of my Dominion video watching is from my phone, so YouTube is much more convenient in that regard.
Wondering what my name refers to?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage_statistics

amalloy

• Witch
  • Respect: +620
    • View Profile
    • Twitch stream
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2014, 02:38:20 am »

Is it possible to watch the Twitch archives from the iPhone app?  Haven't been able to figure that out.  Much of my Dominion video watching is from my phone, so YouTube is much more convenient in that regard.

I believe this is not currently possible, but twitch is planning to make it possible as part of their "don't save archives forever" campaign.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.081 seconds with 20 queries.