Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  All

Author Topic: Empires Rulebook  (Read 111023 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
Re: Empires Rulebook
« Reply #250 on: June 11, 2016, 11:11:47 pm »
+2

All the Secret Histories have been added to the wiki.  Working on card scans now.

Awesome, can't wait to see the completed thing. This is including the split card randomizers?

Yep!  Those randomizers are lowest priority right now, though.

Of course, gotta have the actual cards that are played with looking nice first. Any idea how they'll be made selectable in the wiki?

I mean, Knights, Ruins and Castles have names of their own that you click on, but the naming system for the other multicard piles feature Card1/Card2 as their names.

My current plan is to just use the top card in the pile when using the Kingdom template, and put the randomizers into the Split pile article, except for the Castles randomizer, which goes on the Castles page.  I don't see a point in having a separate card1/card2 article.

EDIT: Also, Jesus, there's a lot of blood on Conquest's art.  I think that's the most blood we've ever seen on a card before.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:14:35 pm by werothegreat »
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

quazerflame

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2016, 11:17:42 pm »
+2

All the Secret Histories have been added to the wiki.  Working on card scans now.

Awesome, can't wait to see the completed thing. This is including the split card randomizers?

Of course, gotta have the actual cards that are played with looking nice first. Any idea how they'll be made selectable in the wiki?

I mean, Knights, Ruins and Castles have names of their own that you click on, but the naming system for the other multicard piles feature Card1/Card2 as their names.

My current plan is to just use the top card in the pile when using the Kingdom template, and put the randomizers into the Split pile article, except for the Castles randomizer, which goes on the Castles page.  I don't see a point in having a separate card1/card2 article.

EDIT: Also, Jesus, there's a lot of blood on Conquest's art.  I think that's the most blood we've ever seen on a card before.

(picture removed for sanity's sake)

All of this over two Silvers. Yikes.

And that idea makes sense, put the randomizers in the same page as the article. What do you mean by Kingdom template, though?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 11:19:16 pm by quazerflame »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2016, 11:23:25 pm »
+1

(picture removed for sanity's sake)

All of this over two Silvers. Yikes.

SCSN is out for blood

quazerflame

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 12, 2016, 12:30:21 am »

Other Rules clarifications: You receive +1VP.png from all Victory cards in play, including your opponents'.

Saw this pop up while I was wandering the wiki. I don't know how an opponent might be able to have a victory card in play during your turn. I don't think there are any Action-Victory-Duration cards, for example.

EDIT: How do you get the VP symbol to show up? I want to replace "VP.png" up there with it.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2016, 12:31:16 am »

Other Rules clarifications: You receive +1VP.png from all Victory cards in play, including your opponents'.

Saw this pop up while I was wandering the wiki. I don't know how an opponent might be able to have a victory card in play during your turn. I don't think there are any Action-Victory-Duration cards, for example.

You can gain cards when it isn't your turn.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 12, 2016, 12:32:52 am »
+1

EDIT: How do you get the VP symbol to show up? I want to replace "VP.png" up there with it.

They could Inherit a Duration.

quazerflame

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 12, 2016, 12:39:14 am »

You can gain cards when it isn't your turn.  :)

First up, I had forgotten that you can gain cards while it isn't your turn. Second off, how the heck did I forget about Inheritance? XD

Ooo! What if you managed to gain that Castle between turns while resolving Dominate? Now I want to figure out how to do that!

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 12, 2016, 09:46:31 am »
+1

Okay, these three Landmarks are definitely Lynell Ingram's best artwork to date, but what the hell is the lady on the left just casually pouring into the bath???

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 12, 2016, 09:59:45 am »

what the hell is the lady on the left just casually pouring into the bath???
Rare ungulants.

crj

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1644
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 12, 2016, 10:00:41 am »

Or a Caravan Guard.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 12, 2016, 10:21:55 am »
+2

And here the mandatory art commentary:

It might be an effect of the low resolution, but Charm must really be magic. How else could it be floating a few centimeters above the table? It must also have the power of not casting shadows (a power it shares with the candles).
Some of the worst of Dominion.

I don't want to give a commentary on art until I see the full resolution. Some of the good art shown in the previews looks bad in the low res.

I can now safely say, I preferred it when it was in low resolution. 'Cause now the tall candle is floating too.
The dodecahedron is rotated towards us with respect to the table. No shadows at all on the table, not even directly below the floating dodecahedron thing.
The candles have different shadowing than the rest.

It's not even half-baked art, it's just a mess.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 10:24:03 am by Accatitippi »

markusin

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: markusin
  • I also switched from Starcraft
  • Respect: +2437
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2016, 10:32:07 am »
+1

The top right hole on Charm seems to have shading, which means it would have to be floating in front of the candles on other right.

Let's just say Charm is meant to be an example of surrealism art and leave it at that.

Asper

• Governor
  • Respect: +5345
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2016, 10:53:58 am »
+1

It might be an effect of the low resolution, but Charm must really be magic. How else could it be floating a few centimeters above the table? It must also have the power of not casting shadows (a power it shares with the candles).

I don't want to give a commentary on art until I see the full resolution. Some of the good art shown in the previews looks bad in the low res.

I can now safely say, I preferred it when it was in low resolution. 'Cause now the tall candle is floating too.
The dodecahedron is rotated towards us with respect to the table. No shadows at all on the table, not even directly below the floating dodecahedron thing.

Dodecahedron? You mean that floating proximity mine from the 31st century?

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 12, 2016, 10:58:43 am »
+1

Dodecahedron? You mean that floating proximity mine from the 31st century?

I actually like the concept because it's original and heaven knows we need more platonic solids in Dominion. (Donald, no dice please)

But the actual piece of art is an awful copypaste of different stuff drawn at different angles, and that bothers me a lot.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:50 am »

I hadn't noticed the blood squirting in from the right side of the picture.
Oh, the gore.

Did we even have any blood on a Dominion card before? I can't think of any.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 12, 2016, 11:42:59 am »
+3

Charm appears to have influenza.  I hope you're all vaccinated.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 12, 2016, 12:07:47 pm »
+1

Okay, these three Landmarks are definitely Lynell Ingram's best artwork to date, but what the hell is the lady on the left just casually pouring into the bath???

Bubbles? Some sort of scented oil? What sort of decadent aristocrats take baths in just plain water?

Also, I have to say that Baths is my new favorite thematic thing in Dominion. You neglect your royal duties to go lounge about in a spa and somehow this earns you victory points.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 12, 2016, 02:07:04 pm »
+1

Bubbles? Some sort of scented oil? What sort of decadent aristocrats take baths in just plain water?

Also, I have to say that Baths is my new favorite thematic thing in Dominion. You neglect your royal duties to go lounge about in a spa and somehow this earns you victory points.

Harem also earns you "Victory Points".
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 12, 2016, 02:26:41 pm »
+2

I would guess that it's filled with water from the bath, for pouring over oneself.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 12, 2016, 03:32:47 pm »

I would guess that it's filled with water from the bath, for pouring over oneself.

Then why is it yellow???

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: June 12, 2016, 04:25:29 pm »
+2

Kids are allowed in.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

SuperHans

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: SuperHans
  • Respect: +233
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 12, 2016, 04:55:59 pm »
+1

Thank you for posting the high-resolution scans.

I have to say, other than a few cards, the art for this expansion is tremendous. The events and landmarks feature some of the best art in the entire game and almost all of the art for the events and landmarks is good to great (e.g., Annex, Bandit Fort, Defiled Shrine, Keep, Mountain Pass, Obelisk, Tower, Triumph, Windfall).

For kingdom cards, Castles is stunning from top to bottom and may be my favorite art of the set, if not all of Dominion. No matter how this pile actually plays, I cannot dislike these cards because of that art. Chariot Race, Enchantress, Overlord are also great and immediately memorable. Then getting the job done is Archive, Bustling Village, Catapult, City Quarter, Crown, Emporium, Encampment, Engineer, Farmer's Market, Forum, Legionary, Patrician, Plunder, Sacrifice, Settlers, Temple, Villa, and Wild Hunt.

Rocks and Capital are certainly not bad but they don't do much for me. Groundskeeper and Royal Blacksmith seem wonderful at first glance, but the anachronisms are frustrating and confusing.  At least the glasses on Royal Blacksmith don't seem too noticeable. Battlefield looks like they are fighting on a cloud. Wolf Den has a style of art that I generally like but the positioning of the wolves is strange. Charm has framing issues that makes the art look cluttered, in addition to the other complaints in this thread. Gladiator is actually not that bad by itself, but the art for Fortune is disappointing on so many levels, especially in light of the fact that this is such a unique and fun card.

EDIT: I actually like the Gladiator/Fortune randomizer art. In fact, all of the art for the split pile randomizers is really good. That settlers/bustling village randomizer art!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2016, 06:35:36 pm by SuperHans »

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 12, 2016, 05:07:11 pm »
+10

You're welcome!  Everything is uploaded now, including Split pile randomizers.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Silver is underraided
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 12, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »
+1

You're welcome!  Everything is uploaded now, including Split pile randomizers.

That catapult/rocks randomizer, it's pretty sweet.

Thanks wero, you're great!

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 12, 2016, 06:40:22 pm »

Then why is it yellow???

Lighting!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13  All

Page created in 0.146 seconds with 21 queries.