Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Author Topic: Seprix's Game Report Centre  (Read 24664 times)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
Seprix's Game Report Centre
« on: June 05, 2016, 01:28:15 pm »
+1

I think it'll be much better to just put all of my games (and my play in general) into one thread. I have at least two games I want to post a day to look at, but I don't because I don't want to clutter the board. So here's my (hopefully brilliant) solution, which is to just have one thread that you can ignore instead of 203 of them. I'll post games here from now on, I think. This is just a placeholder for future games in the future.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: Seprix's Game Report Centre
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 06:59:49 pm »
+1

This is just a placeholder for future games in the future.

But what about future games in the past?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 09:10:43 pm »

This is just a placeholder for future games in the future.

But what about future games in the past?

Future games in the past are games that are going to happen that have already happened but will happen soon.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 09:18:38 pm »
+2

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160517/log.0.1463523713520.txt

Code: [Select]
Trade, Haven, Pearl Diver, Ratcatcher, Raze, Ambassador, Develop, Advisor, Feodum, Messenger, Adventurer
I love this game, because I got to use Adventurer. I don't know whether I played 'optimally' or not, but given the circumstance I was in, I like the Adventurer I got, since I could quite handily hit Province with it almost all the time towards the endgame.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 10:15:25 pm »
+1

I'd love to hear other thoughts on that kingdom because I'd consider skipping Ambassador completely.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2016, 10:26:15 pm »

I'd love to hear other thoughts on that kingdom because I'd consider skipping Ambassador completely.

Go for Feodum? I don't see Feodum as very strong, you can't mean that. Having tons of shit in your deck is going to hurt no matter what plan is pursued, so I'd be interested in what your plan would be. I think you *have* to pick up an Ambassador here. Maybe not two, but you need at least one I'd think.

The only viable option here seems to be a straight BM game. Maybe Feodum to be picked up to flood your deck with Silver, but I still think an Ambassador is fine as an opening.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:39:51 pm by Seprix »

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2016, 10:00:40 am »

I'm with Don here, I would definitely at least consider skipping Ambassador here.

Feodum here is viable, and I think it can definitely beat Advisor BM, and it can also probably beat the engine. The engine payload here is, I guess, double Province buys with Messenger as +Buy, 7 Silver (Silver is better than Gold here), and as many Advisors as you can grab. You have two options to thin: Ambassador gets you really thin, and Trade replaces opening cards with the payload of your engine. Trade does really well here actually, but without Feodum it would pretty clearly be best to Ambassador away all your junk. Advisor makes it hard to actually draw your Ambassador though, and you never have to draw Trade... But I would still do Ambassador without Feodum.

But the Feodum slog here is really good! You can use those same Messenger and Advisor for support, and all of the junk Ambassador hands you is just fuel for Trade, which gets you two silver and two fewer junk for $5. Once you trash a few Copper and Estates, even a single Advisor in hand will help your turns (plus it it's the junk you want to get rid of into your hand for you earlier anyway). Ambassador attacks just become Trader fuel for you. You can then buy Feodums while your opponents deck chokes on Provinces. If you need a quick points injection, you can trash 1 or maybe 2 Feodum for a bunch of Silvers with Trade.

So basically I think Feodum beats BM and engine here because you can let the opponent choke on green (Advisor as only draw is a big drawback) and the game will drag on long enough for Feodum to be worth points eventually.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:02:00 am by Chris is me »
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 10:45:16 am »
+2

We tried only once and it was close but the King Of Silver won and I lost playing the Ambassador. That'll teach me to talk about messenger before the game starts.

I think his draws were slightly worse then mine. I could have built longer but I don't think that helps; more time just means more Silvers for him. My initial plan was to play with only 1 Ambassador, but when I got the ratcatcher/Feodum in my deck I wanted to trash more fanatically.
Join the Dominion League!

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 11:26:17 am »

Well, I guess Feodum is better after all. Eh. Thanks for playing the board though. :)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 01:18:30 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160606/log.0.1465233188787.txt

Page, Swindler, Alchemist, Bishop, Caravan, Plaza, Transmogrify, Band of Misfits, Lost City, Border Village
This game stung.

I had the win, and it looked like I had it rather easily. Even my opponent said so literally a turn before he won it. I had a nice thing going, and I was even gaining Golds with Hero and trashing them with Bishop. Somehow, my opponent threw a hail mary and out Bishoped me while I was buying Provinces. I guess I should have not bought Provinces, but should have gone for the infinite Gold Gain/Bishop instead, and piled out. He played well, gg to him.

However, in retrospect, my opponent had the upper hand, and I was misplaying. I should have been continuing to get free points and begin to pile out with that massive lead instead of buying 'merely' a province.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:23:34 pm by Seprix »

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 02:27:51 pm »

A few things:

Your opponent had more Bishops. That means they can get more points per turn, and they can thin their deck more. You should have gotten more Bishops.
Don't worry about gaining Gold until you are about to run out of other stuff to trash. Get your deck consistently drawing itself first.
You can use Transmogrify to turn Estate into Page, 5- and 6-costs into Border Village, Silver/Swindler into Bishop, and also to mill Provinces to take advantage of PPR. I would have gotten Transmogrify on turn 4.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2016, 04:35:59 pm »

Transmogrify and bishop might make caravans a better drawing card than alchemists.

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 11:32:46 pm »

We tried only once and it was close but the King Of Silver won and I lost playing the Ambassador. That'll teach me to talk about messenger before the game starts.

I think his draws were slightly worse then mine. I could have built longer but I don't think that helps; more time just means more Silvers for him. My initial plan was to play with only 1 Ambassador, but when I got the ratcatcher/Feodum in my deck I wanted to trash more fanatically.

I'm not even sure if opening Messenger+Feodum is a good idea for SCSN, or that getting Feodum on turns 2 and 5 is the optimal move for the strategy. It prevented him from hitting $5 for Trade as often and the Feodums probably helped you by giving you free Silvers.

I was thinking of opening Silver/Messenger+Silver and just hoping to buy Trade as much as possible to exchange junk for Silvers before diving into green.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2016, 10:12:07 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160621/log.0.1466473898427.txt

Plan, Lighthouse, Masterpiece, Shanty Town, Steward, Bishop, Cutpurse, Miser, Explorer, Library, Nobles
I played this game against the new Division A player next Dominion League season. He's pretty good, and deserves to be there. Anyways, I managed to beat him in this one game somehow, because I looked at this board, saw there was no +buy, and then decided I'd go for the Bishop Golden deck. The best way to go about that is to thin as fast as possible, so I bought Plan and put it on Steward, and then got a nice Gold hit far sooner than I expected, which led to my deck being Bishop thin T10. I don't really know what he was doing, but it wasn't going to be nearly as fast, so he resigned.

(I promise, this was the only game I beat him at. He's seriously pretty good.)

So the question: Was Bishop Golden deck the best plan (ha, pun)? Or was there something better here?

dedicateddan

• 2017 Dominion Online Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: dan brooks
  • Respect: +1058
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2016, 10:33:27 pm »
+1

Bishop is great here

In this game, his Steward/Steward left him significantly behind on trashing, so I like a Bishop golden deck to close out the game.

In a mirror, you can go over the top of the bishop golden deck by using Explorer to gain extra golds and trash them for points while buying up the Nobles

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2016, 09:29:00 am »
+2

On turn 8 you buy a silver but it only becomes an extra card to trash in your deck. You could already make the golden deck from bishop, copper, gold, gold, province.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2016, 11:13:17 am »

On turn 8 you buy a silver but it only becomes an extra card to trash in your deck. You could already make the golden deck from bishop, copper, gold, gold, province.

Ahhhh, that's true! I've always seen Golden decks built with Silver, so I could have done this even faster.

McGarnacle

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: McGarnacle
  • So, ya like doughnuts, eh?
  • Respect: +641
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2016, 11:26:37 am »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160517/log.0.1463523713520.txt

Trade, Haven, Pearl Diver, Ratcatcher, Raze, Ambassador, Develop, Advisor, Feodum, Messenger, Adventurer
I love this game, because I got to use Adventurer. I don't know whether I played 'optimally' or not, but given the circumstance I was in, I like the Adventurer I got, since I could quite handily hit Province with it almost all the time towards the endgame.

Interesting. I would have thought Advisor/Messenger would be the best.
This is exactly the kind of deep analysis I come to f.ds for. 

Forum Mafia Record
Town 1/2 50%
Scum 0/0

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2016, 07:12:47 pm »
+4

advisor-bm suxxxx
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2016, 07:22:25 pm »

advisor-bm suxxxx

It really does. It's playing Lab BM with only sucky cards.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2016, 10:44:56 pm »

https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160623/log.0.1466649647664.txt

Inheritance, Beggar, Haven, Secret Chamber, Chancellor, Bishop, Coppersmith, Procession, Jester, Outpost, Hireling
Check out this weird board.

One thing I missed while doing the whole Procession Hireling thing was Secret Chamber, which is fantastic for Provinces. Maybe I should have had more Bishops as well, but I overall did okay. Maybe turning Estates into Secret Chambers or Bishops was a winning move. I don't know, it seemed slow to me, but maybe it was the right call. I'll leave that to the experts who will reveal some obvious combo I of course missed. It could be Coppersmith. I mean, that's not a bad card here either! You can Haven a card to use next turn too, I missed that. There's a whole lot I missed here in general.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 10:47:02 pm by Seprix »

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2016, 10:51:52 pm »

https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160623/log.0.1466649647664.txt

Inheritance, Beggar, Haven, Secret Chamber, Chancellor, Bishop, Coppersmith, Procession, Jester, Outpost, Hireling
Check out this weird board.

One thing I missed while doing the whole Procession Hireling thing was Secret Chamber, which is fantastic for Provinces. Maybe I should have had more Bishops as well, but I overall did okay. Maybe turning Estates into Secret Chambers or Bishops was a winning move. I don't know, it seemed slow to me, but maybe it was the right call. I'll leave that to the experts who will reveal some obvious combo I of course missed. It could be Coppersmith. I mean, that's not a bad card here either! You can Haven a card to use next turn too, I missed that. There's a whole lot I missed here in general.
Obviously it's a procession begger- coppersmith game. With a draw of proccesion proccesion begger coppersmith copper you can get 21 coins.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2016, 10:54:08 pm »

You're trolling, right? :p There's no +buy.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:31 pm »

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160625/log.0.1466823876309.txt

Alms, Courtyard, Secret Chamber, Masterpiece, Envoy, Port, Trader, Tactician, Torturer, Hoard, Forge
Interesting game. I opted to go for the Torturer thing and go into Secret Chamber Double Tac, and my opponent opens a strange Port Envoy, and it works out for him in the weirdest way possible. I get some bad shuffles so I don't get to see my Torturers until later, and by then he's about where I am at. We both Forge and thin down, and I think he is winning at this point. He's drawing his entire deck, I'm not quite there yet, but I get the Tactician preemptively anyways. For some reason he does not go for the second Tactician but instead starts greening, and that was when I knew I probably just had the win. He played badly, but it was still relatively close, which makes me wonder if I played well at all.

I was behind only 13 points on my last turn, and I got to drawing my deck. I could simply Forge Tac and Silver into Province along with the last Curse, buy Province and Alms Estate. I had the win in hand. He resigned after Torturer inactivity which makes me think he was busy, which was too bad, but oh well.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 11:11:21 pm by Seprix »

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2016, 11:15:56 pm »
+1

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160625/log.0.1466823876309.txt

Alms, Courtyard, Secret Chamber, Masterpiece, Envoy, Port, Trader, Tactician, Torturer, Hoard, Forge
Interesting game. I opted to go for the Torturer thing and go into Secret Chamber Double Tac, and my opponent opens a strange Port Envoy, and it works out for him in the weirdest way possible. I get some bad shuffles so I don't get to see my Torturers until later, and by then he's about where I am at. We both Forge and thin down, and I think he is winning at this point. He's drawing his entire deck, I'm not quite there yet, but I get the Tactician preemptively anyways. For some reason he does not go for the second Tactician but instead starts greening, and that was when I knew I probably just had the win. He played badly, but it was still relatively close, which makes me wonder if I played well at all.

I was behind only 13 points on my last turn, and I got to drawing my deck. I could simply Forge Tac and Silver into Province along with the last Curse, buy Province and Alms Estate. I had the win in hand. He resigned after Torturer inactivity which makes me think he was busy, which was too bad, but oh well.
Envoy draws 4 cards which is more than three and forge hard counters torturer. I think the main reson you want tacticion is +buy but I think you will have a slim enough deck that doesn't have 16 extra cards to discard/enough draw to discard things twice. Forge really leans be towards a single province deck that Mills 1-2 provinces per turn.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.