Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Page/Peasant pages  (Read 2723 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7866
    • View Profile
Page/Peasant pages
« on: June 03, 2016, 10:26:21 am »
+3

Small suggestion for the wiki page for Travelers.  I think it would be convenient to have a subsection with the progression line clear.  Something like

Traveller Progression:
-------------------------

Page -> Treasure Hunter -> Warrior -> Hero

Peasant -> Soldier -> Fugitive -> Disciple

with either the card graphics or just the hyperlinks (whatever is considered better).  The Page page lists it in the text, though I think it makes sense to have it standout.  The Peasant text doesn't actually explicitly state the progression, though it does mention all the cards in the line. 

I'd do it myself, but we all know wereothegreat runs the wiki all on his own.  Also I'm lazy.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: Page/Peasant pages
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 11:16:20 am »

Yeah, I was also wondering at some point whether it would be better to have Travellers/Split piles all on one page, just for simplicity's sake. Like I don't think anyone's going to write an article just on Fugitive or Bustling Village; those articles are going to be about the whole set of cards. Just an idea though, as this probably was already considered and thought through.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:21:52 am »

The card pages could still be separate pages, with a combined page like "Peasant line" embedding content from all of the separate pages using the {{Template}} feature. You can use that feature to embed content even if it isn't in the Template namespace.

Man I really wish the FDS wiki wasn't blocked at work :(
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:50:12 pm »

For card pages, I'm taking my cues from Hermit and Urchin.  The article goes on Hermit's page, even though it also discusses Madman as well.  Madman has a separate page with FAQ and secret history and whatnot, but strategy tells you to look at the Hermit page.  For the Travellers, I think having bits of strategic quips on each separate page is fine, but certainly a full-length strategy article should be on the Page page.  For Split piles (other than Castles, which handily has an excuse to have a separate page), I think the full article should definitely go on the top card's page.  However, I'm not sure where the randomizer art should go, though I think having a separate Catapult/Rocks page would just be silly, awkward.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.