Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41  All

Author Topic: M83: Duel Mafia (Game Over, Town Wins!)  (Read 100721 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #675 on: July 28, 2016, 07:47:37 pm »

Reading end of the duel. Egork comes across scummy and Joseph very townie

Gkrieg also comes across slightly scummy for his progression from ash to faust.

Wouldn't be surprised by gkrieg/seprix remaining scum

How does that come off as scummy at all?

Coming out gung-ho against ashersky without explaining, adding explanation later. Then ash posts some stuff defending him. I come out strong for ash. People start shifting over. Scum needed a short duel with a quick death to win there, and you realized (along with your scum buddy seprix) that faust was going to lose. So you shift over to the winning duel

Ya, second person on the wagon, I could see that faust was going to lose at that point...

Is that really all you have on me?  Like obviously I went off on ashersky, because he was there and I wanted to get a read on him.  Ash didn't give any good reasons why faust was scum, which was scummy.  Really faust was just worse at answering questions and was super defensive.

There was no explanation at the beginning.  When you have a duel D2, you want to grill both people until they mess up.  When you only have two people to lynch from, when you know it isn't one person, you know it is the other.  So coming out swinging is a great strategy. 

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: M83: Duel Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #676 on: July 28, 2016, 07:48:28 pm »

I think it will be pretty easy for scum to know who to challenge anyway

thats not an ambiguously confident statement at all

I don't think we should be talking about this at all. I already have a game plan that will be unveiled after tonight. No more talking about this, please. The less information, the better.

I say lynch someone and move on. Anyone, really. It doesn't matter too much, since there are no reads. Those will be formed after tonight.

Well... anyone said something about "Seprix hasn't done anything batshit crazy yet"? There you go.

Also Seprix is more likely town with this. I can vote: e instead.
He'd done other crazy stuff between me saying that and just now: hence my earlier post saying I didn't want to vote him.  ;)  seriously, weird-shit!Seprix is town!Seprix. He's like RR in that sense, but a different kind of weird.

And yeah, gkrieg, lyle's comment was totally obvious and not remotely antitown. Your misunderstanding of it feels intentional. vote: gkrieg
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: July 28, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »

And yeah, gkrieg, lyle's comment was totally obvious and not remotely antitown. Your misunderstanding of it feels intentional. vote: gkrieg

I guess I understand it now looking back over it.  When he was so down-trodden, it really did seem like he had just given up.

I'm not sure I understand how a misunderstanding of that post warrants a vote.  Like even if it was deliberate, how would that be scummy?

I still think he is scum that felt like he was caught after he was under some pressure.

Still forced. Tunnels teamlyle from here to the lynch.
Why was my switch from ash to Faust scummy?  And how was being on the teamlyle mislynch scummy?  He basically claimed scum so I voted for him

Trying to rewrite how the whole lynch went down is scummy. Gkrieg voted teamlyle for this:
Oh man you're right. Sorry I just got confused by this post

v

That's fine.  Your QT says 1-shot and mine doesn't?  Willing to die for that, no problem.

Vote: ashersky

Okay, there's no way I'm not getting lynched now. vote: teamlyle

Could you guys please tell me what I could've done better besides messing this up though? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Then tunnels him. Teamlyle didn't claim scum until the very end. And this fits exactly in with gkrieg's previous read:
On first read teamlyle also felt pretty scummy, but reading back through, he just seems like newish town.

But then a self-vote provides gkrieg enough to vote and tunnel until newplayer!lyle implodes and claims scum.

I almost like voting gkrieg more than seprix right now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: July 29, 2016, 04:27:44 am »

Ok, good thing we won, bad thing my read was off

I'll be V/LA until Saturday afternoon, sorry

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:14 am »

Well done Town, I was in the ash Town camp so sorry I didn't help that happen more.

I'll jump on Vote: e, but I'm also looking at Egor and also still J Reggie.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: July 29, 2016, 09:32:21 am »

Please, a case.

Seprix is voting me because ashersky grew suspicious of me and scum!seprix wants an easy way to justify his mislynching me.

Gkrieg is voting me because OMGUS

Not sure why jimmmmm is voting me other than wagons are cool.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: July 29, 2016, 11:21:53 am »

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Wrong. You're not thinking this through.

How so?

Think of it this way. Why conspicuously jump off and just magically change my mind through some gut read? Why not build some pseudo-case? There were plenty of those done. I'm not a lazy scum player. In addition, what did bussing Faust give me if I was scum? Nothing. It only gets people looking in my direction. If I stuck with my Ashersky read, nobody would have batted an eye.

Because you guys talked about it in your daychat and decided that ash was going to win the duel. So you loudly and hesitantly switch to ash despite your gut read against him

So your argument is *because daychat!* Well, I claim you said that because of the daychat!
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:21 am »

I do agree with e that Seprix looks pretty scummy from the whole thing as well.  Especially because scum has daychat, and faust probably told him to just bus at that point.

Wrong. You're not thinking this through.

How so?

Think of it this way. Why conspicuously jump off and just magically change my mind through some gut read? Why not build some pseudo-case? There were plenty of those done. I'm not a lazy scum player. In addition, what did bussing Faust give me if I was scum? Nothing. It only gets people looking in my direction. If I stuck with my Ashersky read, nobody would have batted an eye.

Because you guys talked about it in your daychat and decided that ash was going to win the duel. So you loudly and hesitantly switch to ash despite your gut read against him

So your argument is *because daychat!* Well, I claim you said that because of the daychat!

No, my reasoning is that you figured out Ash was going to win so you switched because at the time all the scum were on him. The daychat portion really just is about the timing and how that went down, not the realization that your duel was losing

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: July 29, 2016, 12:00:58 pm »

Why on earth would I assume Ash was going to win? Why not just sit tight where I was? Nobody would 'suspect' me as scum if I stayed put. My switch was way too open and flashy. I mean, I'm getting shit for lynching scum. Ludicrous.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: July 29, 2016, 12:51:59 pm »

Why on earth would I assume Ash was going to win? Why not just sit tight where I was? Nobody would 'suspect' me as scum if I stayed put. My switch was way too open and flashy. I mean, I'm getting shit for lynching scum. Ludicrous.

No, lynching scum is good. Being open and flashy is what I think is scummy.

The thing is, I know scum bussed.
Final Vote Count Day 2

ashersky (3): faust, J Reggie, Egork
faust (6): Jimmmmm, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Haddock, Seprix, ashersky

Not Voting (2): e, Joseph2302

With 11 alive, it took 6 to lynch.

I know I am town. I have very strong feelings Joseph is town. So unless j Reggie and egork are both scum (I dont think they both are, maybe one) then scum bussed. I think it was a relatively early bus, and I think that scum is you, seprix

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: July 29, 2016, 01:08:40 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 2

I know I am town. I have very strong feelings Joseph is town. So unless j Reggie and egork are both scum (I dont think they both are, maybe one) then scum bussed. I think it was a relatively early bus, and I think that scum is you, seprix

Wait but you're voting for me.  So you think that Seprix and me both bussed faust, and that J Reggie and EgorK are both town?  Really?

Like if me and Seprix stay on the ashersky wagon, we make the wagons 5-4 in ash's favor.  Why would we ever switch off that wagon?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: July 29, 2016, 02:52:14 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 2

Wait but you're voting for me.  So you think that Seprix and me both bussed faust, and that J Reggie and EgorK are both town?  Really?

Like if me and Seprix stay on the ashersky wagon, we make the wagons 5-4 in ash's favor.  Why would we ever switch off that wagon?

I am voting seprix

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
~
« Reply #687 on: July 29, 2016, 02:56:44 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 2

I am voting seprix

I see.  Totally missed that part

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: July 29, 2016, 07:08:56 pm »

I fulfilled my lifelong mafia dream of lynching scum!Faust as town. I'm retiring now.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 29, 2016, 07:19:43 pm »

I don't trust Jim. Let's not trust Jim.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: July 29, 2016, 08:59:54 pm »

I guess I understand it now looking back over it.  When he was so down-trodden, it really did seem like he had just given up.

I'm not sure I understand how a misunderstanding of that post warrants a vote.  Like even if it was deliberate, how would that be scummy?

I still think he is scum that felt like he was caught after he was under some pressure.

Still forced. Tunnels teamlyle from here to the lynch.
Why was my switch from ash to Faust scummy?  And how was being on the teamlyle mislynch scummy?  He basically claimed scum so I voted for him

Trying to rewrite how the whole lynch went down is scummy. Gkrieg voted teamlyle for this:
Oh man you're right. Sorry I just got confused by this post

v

That's fine.  Your QT says 1-shot and mine doesn't?  Willing to die for that, no problem.

Vote: ashersky

Okay, there's no way I'm not getting lynched now. vote: teamlyle

Could you guys please tell me what I could've done better besides messing this up though? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Then tunnels him. Teamlyle didn't claim scum until the very end. And this fits exactly in with gkrieg's previous read:
On first read teamlyle also felt pretty scummy, but reading back through, he just seems like newish town.

But then a self-vote provides gkrieg enough to vote and tunnel until newplayer!lyle implodes and claims scum.

I almost like voting gkrieg more than seprix right now.

I don't think tunneling a new player is scummy.  I wanted to give him some pressure, and I really thought the part where he asked for advice on what he could do differently was asking for advice on how to be scum better.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 29, 2016, 09:04:59 pm »

Please, a case.

Seprix is voting me because ashersky grew suspicious of me and scum!seprix wants an easy way to justify his mislynching me.

Gkrieg is voting me because OMGUS

Not sure why jimmmmm is voting me other than wagons are cool.

Partially I'm voting for you because of the way you came out against me today.  You also haven't been as present as you normally are, you spend a lot of time saying that we shouldn't do reads lists, and you claim multiple times that ash is town, but don't vote for faust.  That looks like you pushing for ash to win the duel without actually voting to help him win the duel.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 29, 2016, 09:13:56 pm »

- He grows in public stature as he sheds his loneliness and often his work deteriorates. -

Vote Count 3.2

Seprix (1): e
e (3): Seprix, gkrieg13, Jimmmmm

Not Voting (5): Haddock, Joseph2302, iguanaiguana, J Reggie, Egork

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at Aug 5, 17:00 forum time. That is in 6 days and 19+ hours.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 29, 2016, 11:11:40 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 1

Seprix (2): e, teamlyle
J Reggie (1): Jimmmmm
gkrieg13 (1): Haddock
Joseph2302 (1): Egork
teamlyle (7): J Reggie, gkrieg13, iguanaiguana, Joseph2302, ashersky, faust, Seprix
iguanaiguana (1): chairs

With 13 alive, it took 7 to lynch.

The teamlyle murderers: J Reggie, Gkrieg, Joseph, Seprix. Good chance another scum's in there somewhere.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 29, 2016, 11:15:22 pm »

Final Vote Count Day 2

Diehards on team kill Ashersky: J Reggie, EgorK.

Final people on team kill Faust: Jim, Gkrieg, Haddock, Seprix, me.

Did it ever really look inevitable that Faust was losing this duel? I don't think so. I'd say scum wants

Joseph and e don't bother to vote.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 29, 2016, 11:16:56 pm »

Literally didn't finish a thought in there:

I'd say scum wants to stay on the Ashersky wagon as long as they have hope. So I guess a good chance of a scum between EgorK and J Reggie. Hm.

J Reggie is on the mislynch D1, on the mislynch D2. That doesn't look good.

That warrants a J Reggie reread. But not tonight. No time.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 30, 2016, 05:15:21 pm »

Anymore thoughts from anyone? I would be willing to explore a J Reggie lynch

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 30, 2016, 06:33:30 pm »

Anymore thoughts from anyone? I would be willing to explore a J Reggie lynch
Same.
On the mislynch, and was also voting ash not faust.
The only one doing both of these things- seems suspicious.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 30, 2016, 06:54:32 pm »

e did not even vote. Come on, that's incredibly scummy! He doesn't want to stand out, and he didn't want to bus his partner.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 31, 2016, 12:16:22 am »

Still waiting for seprix to back up his vote with something. Anything.

Oh wait, I am scum because I didn't rush to end the duel 6 days before the deadline. Yep, got me. Guilty as charged. Well, guilty of not voting. Totally not scum. I will throw together an organized post compiling why seprix is scum soon I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41  All

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.