Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

If you would like to participate in this tournament, what would be the more suitable time?

14th of August
- 8 (20%)
2nd of October
- 19 (47.5%)
No preference
- 13 (32.5%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Voting closed: June 11, 2016, 08:49:32 pm

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Poll] 2016 DominionStrategy Championships?  (Read 3790 times)

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
[Poll] 2016 DominionStrategy Championships?
« on: June 01, 2016, 08:49:32 pm »
+6

Hi,

since the Championship was so much fun last year, why don't we have another? That is an excellent question, so let's get started. This poll should answer two questions: Firstly, it should determine whether enough people would like to play in this tournament, so please select option three instead of abstaining if you don't care about the date. Secondly, it should obviously settle a date. These dates are the end of the League season 16 and 17, so there shouldn't be an overlap between the two. Starting at a later date is not feasible if we want to call it a 2016 Championship. The suggested dates are estimates, they may start a week later instead.

Keep in mind that this is only to gather interest, not a binding signup.

Regarding the structure of the tournament: Most likely, it will be a single-elimination tournament since it has been the most popular tournament form which doesn't have an established tournament. This means one match consisting of 6(7) games every week, until you are eliminated. If you would like to know more about how this tournament would be run, ask away! Most things will be handled like it was last year, though if there aren't any complaints.
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
Re: [Poll] 2016 DominionStrategy Championships?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:02:15 pm »

14th August is middle of summer holidays, so I guess that might generate less interest, as people are away lots.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

drsteelhammer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: drsteelhammer
  • Respect: +1470
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 01:32:09 pm »

So the majority prefers the latter date. Signups and other organisational stuff will start sometime in late July/early August, see you all then!
Join the Dominion League!

There is no bad shuffle that can not be surmounted by scorn.

funkdoc

• Witch
  • Respect: +414
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 02:35:53 pm »

so how does the "losers bracket" work?  the one from last year really confused me, as i'm used to the standard double-elimination format.  i guess it was just a backup tourney for people who got eliminated, but it made me think the tournament was double-elim.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 12:32:43 am »

so how does the "losers bracket" work?  the one from last year really confused me, as i'm used to the standard double-elimination format.  i guess it was just a backup tourney for people who got eliminated, but it made me think the tournament was double-elim.

The tournament was officially single elim, but mith volunteered to run an unofficial losers bracket. People who got eliminated could volunteer to join losers bracket if they wanted more games in a competitive setting, but it wasn't required.

There was discussion and a vote about this last year. Single elim ended up winning.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.