Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: I made a randomizer  (Read 18131 times)

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1679
    • View Profile
Re: I made a randomizer
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2016, 08:54:25 pm »

There should be red X's in the upper right corner of every card on the results page. If you aren't seeing them. Maybe try refreshing (Ctrl+f5 if possible)? If refreshing doesn't fix it, let me know browser and platform you are on, and I can attempt to investigate.
okay, it started working after I refreshed.
(I didn't expect refreshing to make a difference since I've restarted by browser since your update.)

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +41
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2016, 12:21:57 am »

How are you going to handle the changes to Base and Intrigue? I'd still like the removed cards to be available, but the new cards should be listed in their sets.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:25 am »
+1

I'd suggest making "Base" and "Intrigue" the defaults, but if you whitelist "Old Base" and "Old Intrigue", it replaces the new sets with the old ones. I do not think you need to be able to mix the two together.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2016, 09:27:37 am »

I'd suggest making "Base" and "Intrigue" the defaults, but if you whitelist "Old Base" and "Old Intrigue", it replaces the new sets with the old ones. I do not think you need to be able to mix the two together.

I think mixing is fine - you could have Base/Intrigue, 1stBase/1stIntrigue, MixBase/MixIntrigue.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2016, 09:49:49 am »

I think mixing is fine - you could have Base/Intrigue, 1stBase/1stIntrigue, MixBase/MixIntrigue.

I would like to play New Base and Old or Mixed Intrigue!
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2016, 07:14:24 pm »
+1

By default, I'll definitely remove the removed stuff and update to the new.

I was thinking about adding a check box to revert to first editions. I like the whitelist idea, but I don't have a section for it yet, and it seems strange to add one just for these changes. I would like to allow whitelisting individual cards, or completely reverting easily, so I'll have to think about it some more.

I am, however, on vacation this week, so I won't be able to start updating until next week.

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2016, 07:46:35 pm »

The way I'd do it is put the new ones as base and intrigue. The old cards could be a separate set, I guess.

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2016, 11:23:04 pm »
+4

I did a quick barebones update tonight because I've been putting it off and realized "oh crap, I want to play with these new cards tomorrow!"

The new cards are just added under the sets "New Base" and "New Intrigue", so you can bias them up if desired with those labels for now.

I have not resized the images, and pushed them to my site, so they are loading the enormous images from the wiki for now.

http://makingmorefun.com/dominion/randomizer/?&el-limit=2,2,3&bias=newbase,newintrigue

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2016, 11:34:04 pm »

Thanks! Your randomizer is one of my favorites. If you want to look at it again in the future, though, I'd probably recommend putting the new cards into Base and Intrigue, and making "Old Base" and "Old Intrigue" for the removed cards.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2016, 11:40:49 pm »

I did a quick barebones update tonight because I've been putting it off and realized "oh crap, I want to play with these new cards tomorrow!"

The new cards are just added under the sets "New Base" and "New Intrigue", so you can bias them up if desired with those labels for now.

I have not resized the images, and pushed them to my site, so they are loading the enormous images from the wiki for now.

http://makingmorefun.com/dominion/randomizer/?&el-limit=2,2,3&bias=newbase,newintrigue

I'd recommend resizing and repushing the rest of the Base and Intrigue cards as well.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2016, 11:44:40 pm »

I'd recommend resizing and repushing the rest of the Base and Intrigue cards as well.  :)

Oh yeah, I'll get the images with the updated text done at some point.  Thanks again for the awesome scans.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2016, 11:54:58 pm »

Oh yeah, I'll get the images with the updated text done at some point.  Thanks again for the awesome scans.

You're quite welcome!

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1812
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 07:40:35 am »

I'd also have an option to ban only "old base" and "old intruige".
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 09:23:31 am »
+1

I'd also have an option to ban only "old base" and "old intruige".

I'll definitely be supporting the new cards in a more official way. I just realized at 10pm last night that I wanted them in today, and did the bare minimum to get them running.

The new cards will be included in the official sets. I'll add some sort of option to easily revert to the old versions, but I'll remove them from use by default. There will also be a way to use both at the same time.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 09:29:22 am »

So as of right now, if I type in "New Base", is that referring to just the new cards? Or is that the entire Base set, minus old cards, plus new cards?

I'm sure this will all get cleaner and more sorted out over time, but I just wanted to see how it works for the next few days.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Deadlock39

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2016, 10:02:25 am »

"New Base" is just the 7 new cards, and the same for "New Intrigue".

RevanFan

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2016, 07:57:16 pm »
+1

There is one feature I'd very much like: the ability to sort results alphabetically, rather than by cost. Sorting by cost helps setup, but my cards are all organized alphabetically.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 21 queries.