Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Double-Tac/Artificer is a thing.  (Read 1437 times)

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
Double-Tac/Artificer is a thing.
« on: May 26, 2016, 02:58:26 pm »
+2

Code: [Select]
Lost Arts, Ambassador, Wishing Well, Horse Traders, Ironmonger, Remodel, Spice Merchant, Artificer, Junk Dealer, Pillage, Tactician
http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?http://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160526/log.0.1464223741520.txt

Ambassador was of course a thing here as well--dumping 10 curses into your opponent's deck is nice--but without that, I think the Artificer wins this game, because it does triple duty:

(1) Artificer in hand gains and topdecks any $5 you want, including another Artificer.

(2) You can grab a Province with 8 cards in hand.  So any hand where you start with Tactician in play, and Tactician and Artificer in hand, is a Province gain and another Tactician hand.  Beware, of course; the new hand will have a Province taking up a slot.

(3) But Artificer is also a Peddler!  It provides non-treasure coins.  So if you play enough Artificers on your turn, you can both gain a victory card and buy a Victory card, or gain/topdeck an engine piece and buy a victory card.  I only bought two green cards on a couple of turns here, though, because with Curses empty I went for the three-pile win with Duchies.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
Re: Double-Tac/Artificer is a thing.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 03:02:51 pm »

Some people have been down a bit on Artificer, but I've found myself playing with it more often than not. But Tactician definitely seems like a strong synergy, with Tac helping Artificer out with cards and Artificer helping Tac out with coins. This kingdom has got alternate sources of both (WW and Ironmonger can build hand size a bit and Horse Traders is coins when you've got extra cards), but Artificer should be pretty great here, I agree.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: Double-Tac/Artificer is a thing.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 06:13:46 pm »

I played a Tac/Artificer deck a couple weeks ago. It won. My biggest problem with Artificer is figuring out when to discard. It's gain-effect is sort of wonky to figure out. Then again figuring out HoP was pretty wonky at first.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.2 seconds with 20 queries.