Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Double-tac governor / madman  (Read 1257 times)

jpgerber

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
Double-tac governor / madman
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:15:41 am »
+3

To me, this was one of the more interesting boards I've seen. Is it quicker to play governor-double tactician or to put a Madman in there to allow for some additional Swindling? I know there were some errors in my play (maybe buy more Governors if the Madman is present, but what if I fail to draw it).

Code: [Select]
Hermit, Swindler, Silk Road, Spice Merchant, Taxman, Embassy, Governor, Haggler, Tactician, Hoard
And the log is here (https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160525/log.0.1464188739031.txt).

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
Re: Double-tac governor / madman
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:00:39 pm »

I really like DoubleTac with Governor Gold Remodeling and maybe a Haggler to get more Golds quicker. Hermit is nice to cancel out Swindler Curses, but there's only so much you can do on this board due to the lack of Actions, so I think Madman is something you'll probably want here for an edge. Playing more than one Swindler is something I would not really recommended, just due to the lack of +Actions on the board.

I'd open Spice Merchant/Hermit to get thin quicker, get Swindler on first Hermit gain (unless you can't buy anything, then pick up Hermit) , and then try to pick up Governors from there. Tactician is a nice card to have, and while Hoard is also nice if you want to get more Golds to remodel with, it doesn't really work well with double Tactician. I think double Tac gets the edge here. It's not so ambitious if you get a Haggler earlier on to get Gold>Tac.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:02:24 pm by Seprix »
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

luser

• Tactician
  • Respect: +353
    • View Profile
Re: Double-tac governor / madman
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 08:20:28 am »
+2

I really like DoubleTac with Governor Gold Remodeling and maybe a Haggler to get more Golds quicker. Hermit is nice to cancel out Swindler Curses, but there's only so much you can do on this board due to the lack of Actions, so I think Madman is something you'll probably want here for an edge. Playing more than one Swindler is something I would not really recommended, just due to the lack of +Actions on the board.

I'd open Spice Merchant/Hermit to get thin quicker, get Swindler on first Hermit gain (unless you can't buy anything, then pick up Hermit) , and then try to pick up Governors from there. Tactician is a nice card to have, and while Hoard is also nice if you want to get more Golds to remodel with, it doesn't really work well with double Tactician. I think double Tac gets the edge here. It's not so ambitious if you get a Haggler earlier on to get Gold>Tac.

I disagree as tactican is big mistake here, as it loses too much tempo, Governor pure with madman will be several turns faster as player who first junks oponent with 7 silvers in governor game usually wins and draw isnt much problem as you could easily make madmans by remodeling silver and not buying anything.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 21 queries.