Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Prosperity Act 1 - 17  (Read 5041 times)

Oyvind

• Golem
  • Respect: +118
    • View Profile
Prosperity Act 1 - 17
« on: May 24, 2016, 05:42:11 pm »
+1

Hello, everyone. I really don't understand this quest, and I haven't been stumped until now in the campaigns. Looking for any tips, I've come across lots of different tips for many quests that I've been having a relatively easy time with, but I can't see anyone getting stumped by this quest. What am I doing wrong? Why doesn't anyone else seem to have a problem with this? I don't want to use those extra turns, as that's like cheating in my book. What sort of strategy will be able to beat Lady Acelina? She buys Grand Markets and King's Court way earlier than I'm able to get my first Grand Market, and then it goes downhill. I've tried nearly ten different strategies, like maximizing number of buys and going for Gardens, but it's too slow. I've tried to mimic LA by buying a Vault the first time I get the opportunity. I've tried Monuments and Cities. I've tried so many things that I decided to go BM, just to see, and it didn't work at all. I think the closest I've come is something like 115 to 68, soI'm getting really frustrated here. Does anyone have any insight to get  me going in the right direction? Any help would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:16:45 pm by Oyvind »

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12847
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Prosperity Act 1 - 17
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2016, 06:08:23 pm »

What's the setup in that game?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2016, 06:15:33 pm »

What's the setup in that game?

Cellar - Gardens - Monument - Worker's Village - City - Market - Vault - Grand Market - Expand - King's Court

One of my starting coppers is replaced by a Monument, while one of hers is replaced by a Vault. Not a lot of card draw, yet lots of buys. I initially thought going WV, Markets and GMs for a Gardens strategy was the way to go, and that gives me a lot of buys, but all the coppers are really clogging my deck.

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2016, 06:27:04 pm »
+9

Here is a log of me playing it:

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160524/log.0.1464128566211.txt

I would try to get a Vault to help buy those first Grand Markets and King's Courts. Don't buy many Silvers at the start, take Worker's Villages if you hit $4. Then just buy a lot of King's Courts / Vaults / GMs / Cities / Monuments / Worker's Villages or Markets. I would definitely suggest getting 1 Expand after you have a couple King's Courts to make the Estates useful. Don't buy any Victory cards until the turn you are ending the game, otherwise just build up until your turns are huge and keep scoring a bunch of points with Monument.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 06:28:12 pm by Mic Qsenoch »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:40:09 pm »
+2

On the topic of just how good monument is when you have kings court around, just going to leave this here.

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2016, 08:04:58 pm »
+1

Here is a log of me playing it:

http://gokosalvager.com/static/logprettifier.html?https://dominion-game-logs.s3.amazonaws.com/game_logs/20160524/log.0.1464128566211.txt

I would try to get a Vault to help buy those first Grand Markets and King's Courts. Don't buy many Silvers at the start, take Worker's Villages if you hit $4. Then just buy a lot of King's Courts / Vaults / GMs / Cities / Monuments / Worker's Villages or Markets. I would definitely suggest getting 1 Expand after you have a couple King's Courts to make the Estates useful. Don't buy any Victory cards until the turn you are ending the game, otherwise just build up until your turns are huge and keep scoring a bunch of points with Monument.

Wow, thanks a lot! That worked like a charm! I think I've never seen how good Vault can be in a KC game where there are enough +actions! That was the big surprise for me here!

Oyvind

• Golem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2016, 08:05:25 pm »

On the topic of just how good monument is when you have kings court around, just going to leave this here.

Nice! Thanks a lot!

Orange

• 2012 WBC Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Orange
  • 2012 WBC Champion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2016, 08:38:02 pm »
+5

Watching an Isotropic video was like finding an old girlfriend on Facebook.   :'(
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.104 seconds with 21 queries.