Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pwning with Pawns.  (Read 1143 times)

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Pwning with Pawns.
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:14:55 am »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201201/25/game-20120125-030315-5bd5376f.html

I played this game with the idea of a Pawn/Crossroads/Village engine, and thats what I ended up with. Since there were Islands and my opponent decided to go for Pirate Ship I knew I would end up with a thin deck and the Pawns together with 1-2 silvers and possibly a Gold if my opponent couldn't trash that would be enough for the duchies and islands and sea hag would get rid of the curses. It wouldn't be a fast game, that is for sure as you can't rush that many cards easily, but it would be faster than my opponent's strategy in terms of who gets VP first.

Not only that but my opponent let me buy all the Islands I would need early on. Actually, he let me buy more. With an army of Pawns I pwned the enemy. Ironically, he ended it himself without looking at the VP counter and let me win much more easily than I might've. If he had bought a few pawns however, he could've been buying about 2 duchies a turn with his Pirate Ships @$5.
Good game Gandi.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
Re: Pwning with Pawns.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 08:38:26 am »

Its somewhat bewildering that in turn 28 of the game he was still attacking you with the Pirate Ship. He must have known it would miss, surely?

^_^_^_^

• Minion
  • Crazy, You Have Been Warned
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
Re: Pwning with Pawns.
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 06:45:29 pm »

Agreed. I believe it is because he had enough for province so he wanted to try for the tiniest chance it would hit one of my 2 silvers.
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Doug Z
"Chicken Chicken Chicken"-Donald X
The cost to buy me is 5Copper. What's Your Cost?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.