Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39  All

Author Topic: Semi-Interesting Dominion Moments Thread  (Read 257136 times)

dpm

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +49
    • View Profile
Re: Semi-Interesting Dominion Moments Thread
« Reply #850 on: January 30, 2022, 05:51:55 pm »
+2

Treasurer + Secret Cave + Capitalism can completely empty the Wish pile in one buy phase by trashing the lamp and recovering it from the trash over and over. 

Augie279

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Augie279
  • f.ds's Resident Furry Trash™️
  • Respect: +476
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: January 31, 2022, 12:12:33 pm »

Had a Moneylender-Shelters game where Ambassador got skipped. Was the right move on both sides.
they/them

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 15, 2022, 10:33:17 pm »

One of those extremely dumb games against Lord Rattington where I'm messing around trying to make something vaguely interesting happen and realize I'm actually losing badly to straight BM. But then manage to turn it around like a barge after 33 turns for the win.

Cuzz:
6 Golds, 5 Estates, 6 Duchies, 2 Provinces, a Steward, Dame Anna, Dame Josephine, Dame Natalie, Sir Bailey, Sir Destry, Sir Martin, Sir Michael, Sir Vander, 3 Soothsayers, 9 Hirelings, 6 Werewolves, 10 Border Guards, 10 Patrons and 8 Hunting Lodges

Lord Rattington:
5 Curses, 5 Coppers, 6 Estates and 6 Provinces

Águia Branca

• Steward
  • Respect: +53
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 16, 2022, 08:50:18 am »

One of those extremely dumb games against Lord Rattington where I'm messing around trying to make something vaguely interesting happen and realize I'm actually losing badly to straight BM. But then manage to turn it around like a barge after 33 turns for the win.

Cuzz:
6 Golds, 5 Estates, 6 Duchies, 2 Provinces, a Steward, Dame Anna, Dame Josephine, Dame Natalie, Sir Bailey, Sir Destry, Sir Martin, Sir Michael, Sir Vander, 3 Soothsayers, 9 Hirelings, 6 Werewolves, 10 Border Guards, 10 Patrons and 8 Hunting Lodges

Lord Rattington:

I'm counting 37 points for both of you. Did Lord Rattingdon end the game? Seems unlikely given the state of his deck and the Provice pile being empty. Were you just so happy with the tie that you mistook it for a win or am I missing something?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
  • Respect: +1018
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 16, 2022, 10:15:28 am »
+3

Cuzz:

Lord Rattington:

I'm counting 37 points for both of you. Did Lord Rattingdon end the game? Seems unlikely given the state of his deck and the Provice pile being empty. Were you just so happy with the tie that you mistook it for a win or am I missing something?

Miserable

jakav

• Baron
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: February 22, 2022, 01:43:20 pm »

I played a game with Pirate Ship, went for a Platinum big money strategy, and ended with a curse, 5 coppers, 5 estates, 2 duchies, 4 provinces, 5 colonies, a Platinum, and a Black Market. I tied at the ridiculous score of 84, with both Colonies and Provinces empty. I only could have bought a Colony with perfect luck (cost reduction from Canal). My opponents Pirate Ships were worth $10.
--Jakav--

(Why shouldn't signatures be like the above?)

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
  • DSF lowest ratio upvotes-posts 14 yrs & counting
  • Respect: +228
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: February 28, 2022, 04:37:18 pm »

Treasurer + Secret Cave + Capitalism can completely empty the Wish pile in one buy phase by trashing the lamp and recovering it from the trash over and over.

I'm confused as to how this would work.  I can see using a treasurer for either trashing or gaining the lamp, but not both. And what does secret cave have to do with any of this? That's about discarding cards for coins next turn?
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

mxdata

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1335
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: March 05, 2022, 07:43:03 pm »
+3

My opponent played a Skirmisher followed by a Jester. The Jester revealed another Jester, and they chose to gain it, triggering Skirmisher's discard attack
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 07, 2022, 02:19:18 pm »

I used broker to trash 2 provinces (first for favors, second for buys Marijuana affects the memory) and then 3 piled estates/guardians/border guards in a plateau shepherds game.  I think I either got 10 or 11 of them on the last (2) turns as I had another source of a buy somewhere.

I think it was over 2 turns not one.  But the ability to gain a bunch of favors is still nice.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:38:49 pm by Honkeyfresh »
"Rap game Julio Franco, Chuck Norris, Texas Ranger/ Ice on my fingers look like I slap-boxed a penguin." -- Riff Raff Proverbs 4:20

"Sometimes I say some things people may think are just outlandish, but I'm going to have the last laugh." -- Riff Raff  Exodus 6:66

scolapasta

• Minion
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 07, 2022, 02:34:59 pm »

I used broker to trash 2 provinces (first for favors, second for buys) and then 3 piled estates/guardians/border guards in a plateau shepherds game.  I think I either got 10 or 11 of them on the last turn as I had another source of a buy somewhere.

Broker can't get you buys, though. (Cards, Actions, $, or favors)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 07, 2022, 04:37:15 pm »
+1

I used broker to trash 2 provinces (first for favors, second for buys)--Marijuana affects the memory-- and then 3 piled estates/guardians/border guards in a plateau shepherds game.  I think I either got 10 or 11 of them on the last turn as I had another source of a buy somewhere.

ETA: I think it was also over 2 turns not 1.

Broker can't get you buys, though. (Cards, Actions, $, or favors)

hmm  maybe i just had a lot of buys.  Or maybe I just smoke entirely too much weed.   I wish we could go back and pull old games without requiring the foresight of saving the game #.   Maybe I had a gainer that I am not remembering.  Actually, now that I think about it I think I did the gains the last 2 turns with a bunch of buys, and stacking a bunch of the guardians with the second last turn.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2022, 04:39:40 pm by Honkeyfresh »

jakav

• Baron
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 25, 2022, 10:30:41 pm »
+2

Lord Rattington trashed a Province. They didn't win.
--Jakav--

(Why shouldn't signatures be like the above?)

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1855
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 26, 2022, 12:37:07 pm »
+7

Lord Rattington trashed a Province. They didn't win.

i empathize because i also destroy the things i love to spite my enemies

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: April 01, 2022, 10:58:44 pm »
+3

$9 and 3 buys no favors, bought a Sycophant, gained 2 favors, played it with City State, discarded a piece of junk, and was left with $10 and 2 buys, w00t
My opponent has more loot than me

Iras

• Herbalist
  • Shuffle iT Username: Iras42
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: April 02, 2022, 06:05:39 pm »
+9

Had 5$ in my first hand, and I opened ... Chapel. For more context Trappers' Lodge (the topdecking ally) was on the board, so I could immediately trash 3 Estates (2 was guaranteed). Still felt a bit uninspiring.

Commodore Chuckles

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Commodore Chuckles
  • Respect: +1971
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: April 11, 2022, 07:06:03 pm »
+3

My opponent bought Royal Seal. I was surprised by this.

... Surprised because I hadn't even noticed it was in the kingdom, and this was late in the game. Yes, my brain is so used to ignoring this card that it no longer consciously registers its presence.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: April 19, 2022, 06:58:15 pm »
+5

I gained Cemetery with Groom, trashed Haunted Mirror to gain a Ghost, which I topdecked with Trapper's Lodge so that I could draw it. But then I realized that my only remaining Action card was the Sycophant that I had discarded to gain Ghost, so I had to Save it.

J plays a Groom.
J gains a Cemetery.
J trashes a Copper, a Cemetery, and a Haunted Mirror.
J discards a Sycophant.
J gains a Ghost.
J spends 1 Favor. J topdecks a Ghost with Trappers' Lodge.
J draws a Ghost. [with the draw from Groom] J gets +1 Action.
J plays a Silver. (+$2)
J buys a Save. J gets +1 Buy. J sets a Ghost aside with Save.

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 16, 2022, 05:36:29 pm »
+3

I had two Monkeys in play. My opponent played Swap twice, each time gaining a Treasure Map. They then played Treasure Map to gain 4 Golds! Just that sequence let me draw 12 cards. There were other gains on that turn, and I ended up drawing my entire deck on their turn!
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2022, 04:58:23 pm »
+3

I had two Monkeys in play. My opponent played Swap twice, each time gaining a Treasure Map. They then played Treasure Map to gain 4 Golds! Just that sequence let me draw 12 cards. There were other gains on that turn, and I ended up drawing my entire deck on their turn!

"Monkey Tactician"

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 20, 2022, 04:18:12 pm »

Just played a game where I managed to get all ten Grand Markets. (My opponent seemed to be unaware of how strong Lurker is in combination with it.)
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 24, 2022, 05:18:03 am »
+3

"Monkey Tactician"
Speaking of, this was a fun little moment. Can y'all see the play?

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 24, 2022, 05:24:43 am »
+2

"Monkey Tactician"
Speaking of, this was a fun little moment. Can y'all see the play?
Ha, nice. Tactician as Monkey, Gold-Silver-Scepter, replay Tactician, this time as itself.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 24, 2022, 08:55:34 am »
+7

My deck had $22 in economy and I needed a couple more to be able to win with the last 3 provinces come my turn. My opponent used Captain to play Noble Brigand, revealing my Patron and some other action to net me a copper and a coffer.  ty for the generous donation

mxdata

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 03, 2022, 08:07:21 pm »
+4

I had a Monkey in play. My opponent played Urchin. I discarded to four. They played another Urchin, and chose to trash the first Urchin for a Mercenary. Since they gained a card, I drew a card, giving me five cards, then the second Urchin was played, and I had to discard back down to four
They/them

Honkeyfresh

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 04, 2022, 12:50:06 am »

I call this the Donald Trump Turn.  And much like the orange one you don't see all the razing that occurred behind the scenes to happen.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2022, 12:52:41 am by Honkeyfresh »

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 39  All

Page created in 0.362 seconds with 21 queries.