Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Possession and Non-Supply Cards  (Read 1569 times)

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
Possession and Non-Supply Cards
« on: May 17, 2016, 02:59:28 pm »

As much as I hate to distract people from the scholarly one-card shuffle discussion (Ok, why the heck can't you just draw the one card???)...

I always thought that if I am possessing my opponent, and gain cards that are not in the supply (Spoils, Prizes, whatever), that I (not me as my opponent, but actually me) ultimately gain them.  Similarly, I can do cool tricks with their stuff with things like Ambassador, Island, Pathfinding, etc.

But in this game, my opponent was possessing me, played a Hero and exchanged if for a Champion on t13, but then I got the Champion, not him.  What's up with that?  Are Travelers immune to Possession?  The Hero was (correctly?) returned to the Hero pile.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1609
    • View Profile
Re: Possession and Non-Supply Cards
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 03:00:34 pm »
+5

As much as I hate to distract people from the scholarly one-card shuffle discussion (Ok, why the heck can't you just draw the one card???)...

I always thought that if I am possessing my opponent, and gain cards that are not in the supply (Spoils, Prizes, whatever), that I (not me as my opponent, but actually me) ultimately gain them.  Similarly, I can do cool tricks with their stuff with things like Ambassador, Island, Pathfinding, etc.

But in this game, my opponent was possessing me, played a Hero and exchanged if for a Champion on t13, but then I got the Champion, not him.  What's up with that?  Are Travelers immune to Possession?  The Hero was (correctly?) returned to the Hero pile.

Exchanging is not gaining.  8)

Dingan

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dingan
  • Respect: +1731
    • View Profile
    • Website title
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »
+2

Exchanging is not gaining.  8)

So exchanges don't trigger on-gain stuff?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 03:10:38 pm by Dingan »

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »
+2

So exchanges don't trigger on-gain stuff?

Nope. The biggest thing here is that you can't use Watchtower to top deck exchanged Travellers to get to the end faster.

Max

• Baron
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2016, 10:53:03 am »
+1

I'm going to use this to exchange disciples to teachers mid-game :).
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.