ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Feodum
« on: May 17, 2016, 06:01:57 am »
+1

Just a remark that the adventures cards double the size of the set of "insane silver gainers;" the elite club is now: Trader, Treasure Hunter, Masterpiece, Raid. As a consequence, Feodum almost doubles in how important it is. Which brings me to, when is Feodum good without these cards, and which of these cards is the best helper?

Guess: depends on the kingdom, but in general:

Masterpiece > Raid ~ Trader > Treasure Hunter

Trader is going to be better than Raid if there are cantrip buys or things like Peddler; Raid will be better on boards where its attack is important (almost a tautology-- which boards are those?). Masterpiece is clearly a cut above the others (hence the name); Treasure Hunter is certainly the fastest silver-gainer in a mirror, but in a non-mirror the opponent can trivially stop it it by not gaining too many cards; haven't played this out yet enough to see how it works.

junkers

• Thief
  • Respect: +98
    • View Profile
Re: Feodum
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 08:50:58 am »

I think this assessment is pretty spot on.

Treasure Hunter is reasonably consistent, but is almost entirely in your opponent's hands, especially for bigger payouts.

I'd say Trader could be effective on slower boards with no +Buy, too, but in that case it probably would get beat out by Raid in the late game.

And yeah, while Raid's potential for exponential gains is great, is it anywhere near as reliable as Masterpiece? I don't reckon so.

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 09:15:30 am »

I think Amulet is about as good as Treasure Hunter, depending on the rest of the board.

Do not underestimate Amulet/Feodum.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:00:14 am »
+2

There are some other cards that can make Feodum strategies winning.

Jack of All Trades-Feodum seems like it would be alright sometimes, but I'm not sure I've ever played this strategy. Maybe more as a supplement, where you play an ordinary Jack-money strategy and just buy Feodums over Duchies.

Beggar-Feodum is something I've made work at least once! If your opponent goes for some strategy where they play a lot of attacks, then Beggar's reaction is really strong in supporting Feodum. Maybe if they go for a weak Scrying Pool engine? In my case, the card that enabled was Familiar, which I entirely ignored.

There are also some strategies where you use the on-trash ability of Feodum to gain Silvers, which I'm sure are viable sometimes, but I don't really have any experience with these.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2016, 11:42:39 am »

There are also some strategies where you use the on-trash ability of Feodum to gain Silvers, which I'm sure are viable sometimes, but I don't really have any experience with these.

These can work better in multiplayer where there are 12 foeda to play with and you can afford to trash a few, or a lot.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2016, 11:53:36 am »
+2

Pro tip: don't go for Feodum in a 4p game with Pirate Ship.

(I know people will say don't play a 4p game in general, but it's fun when you're playing with friends.)

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2016, 11:56:33 am »

DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 07:53:16 pm »
+4

hermit
gain silver (or maybe some other thing i'm not a cop), trash a feodum from discard (hermit has the novelty of trashing a card from a large selection but that usually just means, okay i'll trash the estate that isn't in my hand)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2016, 07:57:17 pm »

Raid with Storyteller and some +buy is a thing to keep in mind. I think this might be a rare case where you can go for Feodum in an engine.

I guess it's not that common but it happened to me.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.