Dominion > Rules Questions

Calling a summoned reserve card

(1/2) > >>

gamesou:
If I summon a Transmogrify, am I allowed to play it and then immediately call it at the beginning of my next turn ?

Chris is me:
I don't see why not - it's still the "At the start of your turn" phase when it's put on your Tavern mat.

LastFootnote:
Yes, you can call it immediately.

DooWopDJ:
I have a clarification on this 'Calling a summoned reserved card'

The original question was 'immediately call it at the beginning of my next turn'
But I am not clear about the non 'At the beginning...' reserve cards (Coin of the Realm, Duplicate, Royal Carriage, Gain)
Could any of these cards be played immediately after being placed on the Tavern Mat, or at any time during the course of that players current turn?

Scenario
1. Play a Village (draw 1 card)
2. Play an Duplicate (placing it on the tavern mat)
3. Play a Workshop (gaining a 4 cost card)
4. Call the Duplicate (that I just placed on the Tavern mat on step 2)
5. Gain another copy of the 4 cost card I gained in step 3)

Again if there is a relevant thread or rule, please point me to it.

Thanks
-DooWopDJ
Place a Duplicate on the mat

GendoIkari:

--- Quote from: DooWopDJ on May 26, 2017, 01:16:37 pm ---I have a clarification on this 'Calling a summoned reserved card'

The original question was 'immediately call it at the beginning of my next turn'
But I am not clear about the non 'At the beginning...' reserve cards (Coin of the Realm, Duplicate, Royal Carriage, Gain)
Could any of these cards be played immediately after being placed on the Tavern Mat, or at any time during the course of that players current turn?

Scenario
1. Play a Village (draw 1 card)
2. Play an Duplicate (placing it on the tavern mat)
3. Play a Workshop (gaining a 4 cost card)
4. Call the Duplicate (that I just placed on the Tavern mat on step 2)
5. Gain another copy of the 4 cost card I gained in step 3)

Again if there is a relevant thread or rule, please point me to it.

Thanks
-DooWopDJ
Place a Duplicate on the mat

--- End quote ---

Yes, absolutely. When a card can be called is defined and limited by text on the cards that say "when [something], you can call this, to [something]." That's the only limitation. So Duplicate can be called "When you gain a card costing up to ". Doesn't matter how long it has been on the mat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version