Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Using travelling fair to buy out the curse pile for the win  (Read 1636 times)

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
Re: Using travelling fair to buy out the curse pile for the win
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2016, 03:24:52 pm »

as fun as that was, this seems to me like a kingdom where the bestest of players could skip cultist: there's no trashing but between armory and travelling fair it seems like it would be easy to make a sequence of turns where you could topdeck fortress+councilroom and then just go nuts with it-by turn 8 you would have like all the ruins but you would consistently hit a lot of money and maybe eventually start being able to goons and swump hug each turn which is pretty busto
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2016, 04:41:34 pm »

I think Cultist is right, but the opponent opening Armory followed by a Duplicate messed up right there.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2016, 05:19:26 pm »

as fun as that was, this seems to me like a kingdom where the bestest of players could skip cultist: there's no trashing but between armory and travelling fair it seems like it would be easy to make a sequence of turns where you could topdeck fortress+councilroom and then just go nuts with it-by turn 8 you would have like all the ruins but you would consistently hit a lot of money and maybe eventually start being able to goons and swump hug each turn which is pretty busto

The thing is the Cultist player can do that too and they don't have to do it with 10 ruins in their deck.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
  • Respect: +1266
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2016, 07:06:13 pm »

The thing is the Cultist player can do that too and they don't have to do it with 10 ruins in their deck.
ah, but neither of you did
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.