Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Author Topic: Empires Bonus Preview #5: Castles  (Read 74108 times)

ObtusePunubiris

• Bishop
  • Respect: +187
    • View Profile
Re: Empires Bonus Preview #5: Castles
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2016, 12:30:21 pm »

Rules question: With Black Market, can only 1 Castle be in the deck? And how do you choose which one?
Same question for the split piles,  can you have either of the cards in the BM deck, and how would you choose it?

I believe Donald's ruling for this so far has been: do what you want. Which is a fine ruling, I think.

What I envision Black Market doing is creating a Black Market supply.  For each card in the Black Market deck, there is a pile in the Black Market supply that is set up just as it would have been in the real supply.  So, for example, if Castles were in the Black Market supply, Humble Castle would be on top just like in the real supply.  Since each pile in the Black Market supply can be accessed only once, the top card (Humble Castle) is the only one that can ever be purchased.

Of course, that's just my logic for figuring out how I would want to handle this in my IRL games.  Until this question is answered by the online version, I guess anything goes.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2016, 02:02:45 pm »
+1

Rules question: With Black Market, can only 1 Castle be in the deck? And how do you choose which one?
Same question for the split piles,  can you have either of the cards in the BM deck, and how would you choose it?
This is why BM is a promo card; but somehow in Dominion promo cards get treated the same as actual cards. This is perfectly fine for Envoy and Walled Village, but not so much for BM.

So the ruling of "do whatever you want" seems fine to me.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

tim17

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +276
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »
+2

Remodel Haunted Castle into a province, then graverobber it back to attack everyone again.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2016, 03:47:15 pm »

Seaway doesn't specify a pile type, you can gain one of the Action - Castles with it after reducing the cost.

Oh interesting; I wouldn't have noticed the difference between Seaway and the others in the way they restrict the token to an action. I suppose because before now, it never mattered. So yes, Buy would be the only one of the tokens you can put on Castles, but the statement about it being a "treasure" pile was wrong.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2016, 05:11:54 pm »

This is why BM is a promo card; but somehow in Dominion promo cards get treated the same as actual cards. This is perfectly fine for Envoy and Walled Village, but not so much for BM.

So the ruling of "do whatever you want" seems fine to me.

"Whatever I want", for me, involves putting in one of the 8 Castles in there randomly.  Also, only 1 card from each split pile, also random.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2016, 06:10:08 pm »
+8

"Whatever I want", for me, involves putting in one of the 8 Castles in there randomly.  Also, only 1 card from each split pile, also random.
Dude. You could play a game where the Black Market deck was all of the Castles, all of the Knights, and one card from each half of each split pile.

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2016, 06:49:59 pm »
+1

I probably wouldn't put the bottom half card of a split pile into the Black Market; because it just feels like those cards shouldn't be available until the top half has been gained (or trashed).
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2016, 07:19:51 pm »

Dude. You could play a game where the Black Market deck was all of the Castles, all of the Knights, and one card from each half of each split pile.

I'm aware.  And last time I checked, your ruling was "whatever I want".  :P
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  All

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 21 queries.