Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Offline Pass and Play  (Read 11705 times)

NoMoreFun

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2126
    • View Profile
Re: Offline Pass and Play
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2016, 06:10:50 pm »
+2

Cards that require other players to make decisions on turns that aren't theirs:

* Only in games with attacks
** Only in games with interactive cards
# Only complicated due to edge cases
^ Complicated due to reordering cards

Moat*
Bureaucrat
Militia
Bandit

Masquerade (although passing around the screen may be fun flavour)
Diplomat*
Torturer
(Saboteur)

(Smugglers is fine but game logs would be extra important)
Ghost Ship

(Possession is fine but perhaps a different wording would be more appropriate)

Watchtower**
Bishop
Contraband
Mountebank #
Rabble ^
Vault
Goons

Horse Traders*
Tournament (# for on play, but unambiguous for Followers)
Young Witch #

Duchess
Fool's Gold
Oracle ^
Tunnel **,#
Trader **
Mandarin **,#,^ (Only incompatible with Crown: if you gain a Mandarin on a turn that isn't yours and you have two of Crown, Overlord acting as Crown, and an Inherited Estate acting as Crown in play)
Inn **, # (very rare that you'd gain an Inn on a turn other than yours)
Margrave
Border Village **, # (see above)

Beggar *
Market Square **
Urchin
Catacombs **
Knights
Rogue
Hunting Grounds **

Advisor

Page (due to Solider)
Caravan Guard *
Duplicate **

Castles (due to Haunted Castle)
Catapult
Gladiator #
Crown **,# (Only incompatible with Mandarin in the circumstances listed next to it)
Legionary
(Mountain Pass requires passing around but it happens between player's turns)

Envoy
Governor (due to the Remodel option)
Stash **

(Band of Misfits, Inheritance and Overlord and Events are only issues with other cards on the list)
(Coin on the Realm and Royal Carriage are only issues with Caravan Guard)

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »

I don't see how pass-and-play is really much better than solitaire. You can't see what the other players did on their turns unless there's some kind of turn replay feature. If you want pass-and-play, play Scrabble or something.

You know what would be great for pass-and-play? Kingdom Builder. Does the Kingdom Builder app have pass-and-play?
This ends up happening in the IRL version anyways... having to ask what each player did, so same difference here if it's between a game log or animation.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2017, 08:32:08 pm »

I don't see how pass-and-play is really much better than solitaire. You can't see what the other players did on their turns unless there's some kind of turn replay feature. If you want pass-and-play, play Scrabble or something.

You know what would be great for pass-and-play? Kingdom Builder. Does the Kingdom Builder app have pass-and-play?
This ends up happening in the IRL version anyways... having to ask what each player did, so same difference here if it's between a game log or animation.

If people actually announced cards they were playing and buying like it says to in the rules, then this wouldn't be an issue in real-life games.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2017, 08:57:45 pm »
+1

If people actually announced cards they were playing and buying like it says to in the rules, then this wouldn't be an issue in real-life games.

Someone's testy. :P
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

ackmondual

• Witch
  • Respect: +294
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2017, 02:42:15 pm »

If someone's taking a long turn, they would rather just be told "I bought a Province and Duchy", rather than having to pay attention for a minute just to get a few seconds worth of relevant info.
Village, +2 Actions.  Village, +3 Actions.  Village, +4 Actions.  Village, +5 Actions.  Village, +6 Actions.  Village, +7 Actions.  Workers Village, +2 Buys, +8 Actions.  End Action Phase.  No Treasures to play.  No buy.  No Night cards to play

SkyHard

• Steward
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2017, 02:11:07 am »

I really would like to love the offline play. Hot-seat and LAN-play would be really nice. However, I am a bit worried about bugfixes.

Another point that would be great, is to have an interface to write AIs.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.