Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Season 15 - Signups Q&A  (Read 1727 times)

Mic Qsenoch

• 2015 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4329
    • View Profile
Season 15 - Signups Q&A
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:03:49 pm »
+1

Edit by assemble_me: I've put the questions/answers into a new topic to keep the other one clean

I'm not sure how Isotropish rating is calculated, but if it includes campaign games (probably not, I guess), mine might be a little inflated. About once a week I play the Goons level of the base set campaign, because there's something immensely satisfying about scoring 150 points on a hapless bot. Otherwise, my rating is probably about right.

Isotropish only includes "rated" games with exactly 2 human players.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 06:36:19 am by assemble_me »

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
Re: Season 15 - Signups Q&A
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 12:05:13 pm »

Rules Question: is there an official stance on whether Adventures should be used or not?
I know the general stance is "person with most sets hosts, unless both players agree otherwise", but as Adventures is new, it gives a big advantage to those who've used it IRL.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:09:14 pm »
+1

Rules Question: is there an official stance on whether Adventures should be used or not?
I know the general stance is "person with most sets hosts, unless both players agree otherwise", but as Adventures is new, it gives a big advantage to those who've used it IRL.

I would think to just let people who play their matches together decide, as that seems like the most logical choice.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

teamrocketgrunt

• Thief
  • Respect: +175
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 12:16:45 pm »

Hi everyone,

welcome (back) to the fourteenth season of the Dominion League, potentially the first season that includes Dominion: Adventures online! Since the cards have been released about year ago, the mods have decided to include the new cards on its release in the League play. That means standard random from all cards is still the default way to determine the Kingdoms for your matches, but as you know, you may deviate from this procedure if both players agree to a different kind of kingdom generation (i.e. without Adventures).

That is the official stance from the league mods I think. It was posted in the thread "Season 14 has started".
Join Team Rocket!

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 02:12:32 pm »
+1

Hi everyone,

welcome (back) to the fourteenth season of the Dominion League, potentially the first season that includes Dominion: Adventures online! Since the cards have been released about year ago, the mods have decided to include the new cards on its release in the League play. That means standard random from all cards is still the default way to determine the Kingdoms for your matches, but as you know, you may deviate from this procedure if both players agree to a different kind of kingdom generation (i.e. without Adventures).

That is the official stance from the league mods I think. It was posted in the thread "Season 14 has started".

This is indeed the official rule for this season. 

It is best if the players can come to a mutual agreement, but in the case of an irreconcilable disagreement, the player with more sets should host.

I assume we will stick with the same rule for Season 15, but we will make sure it is clear if we make any changes.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 02:13:39 pm by Deadlock39 »

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 10:16:27 pm »

ErinJ (Making Fun Name)

America/New York

Are you ErrinF's cousin?
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

assemble_me

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: assemble me
  • Dominion stream/yt junkie
  • Respect: +808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 06:39:03 am »

Edit by assemble_me: I've put the questions/answers into a new topic to keep the other one clean

I'm not sure how Isotropish rating is calculated, but if it includes campaign games (probably not, I guess), mine might be a little inflated. About once a week I play the Goons level of the base set campaign, because there's something immensely satisfying about scoring 150 points on a hapless bot. Otherwise, my rating is probably about right.

Isotropish only includes "rated" games with exactly 2 human players.

Also, you can find it there. It updates around 9:00 UTC every day: http://gokosalvager.com/leaderboard/
Join the f.ds Dominion league | My Twitch channel

... and none of his posts shall remain unedited
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.