Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Author Topic: Complete Dominion rules document  (Read 44184 times)

Joshua

• Steward
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
Re: Complete Dominion rules document
« Reply #100 on: January 16, 2022, 07:33:48 am »

Thank you very much for your work and your reply!

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1635
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2022, 04:05:52 pm »
+5

« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 05:30:41 am by Jeebus »

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2022, 05:31:32 am »
+1

Finally a post that doesn't start with "finally"... D'oh!

Anyway: Already finished version 9.0!

Complete Rules for Dominion and All Its Expansions

dz

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: DZ
  • Respect: +342
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2022, 01:45:40 pm »
+1

-There's a typo under Order of Masons. "you keep so mange cards"
-For Market Towns, I'm not sure why you're listing all the other start-of-Buy-phase Allies when you can only use 1 Ally per game. In my opinion, if anyone is playing with multiple Allies and is running into problems, that's their problem, not yours.
-I think Swashbuckler can mention something about using Order of Masons to leave cards in your discard pile after shuffling. Or spending coffers to avoid the Treasure Chest.
-Since Merchant has the Sauna/Catacombs/Innovation ruling, you can add a similar ruling to Cauldron (gain a Herb Gatherer as your third action, then play a Cauldron to give out a Curse).
-Sorcerer/Giant says that if they get no card, the player gets a Curse, which seems outdated? http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21240.msg891965#msg891965

Ofc it's up to you what you want to add. After all, I only add what I feel like adding to the wiki.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 06:46:49 pm by dz »

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2022, 03:45:18 pm »

Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it!

-For Market Towns, I'm not sure why you're listing all the other start-of-Buy-phase Allies when you can only use 1 Ally per game. In my opinion, if anyone is playing with multiple Allies and is running into problems, that's their problem, not yours.

I listed all those there without thinking about the one-Ally rule. I wanted some place to list them all to refer to. It's technically correct, if somebody decided to play with two Allies, but I agree that it's better to change it so I moved it to another start-of-buy-phase (Arena).

-I think Swashbuckler can mention something about using Order of Masons to leave cards in your discard pile after shuffling. Or spending coffers to avoid the Treasure Chest.

Thanks, I added some of that.

-Since Merchant has the Sauna/Catacombs/Innovation ruling, you can add a similar ruling to Cauldron (gain a Herb Gatherer as your third action, then play a Cauldron to give out a Curse).

It's actually there, point 3 in the Cauldron entry (and point 3 in the Collection entry too). It's referred to without specifics along with several other similar when-gain interactions. The Merchant/Sauna thing is more detailed because it's kind of unique as an after-play thing.

But you made me realize that Cauldron and Collection can be played via Innovation just by gaining Courier, Herb Gatherer, Storyteller etc., so I added something about it. Cargo Ship, Tracker, Bauble and others can also be triggered like that, but it would fail since the gained card was already played by Innovation; so in those cases we need Way of the Mouse with Vassal to make this happen, or Architects' Guild, Haggler etc. gaining the Cargo Ship and playing it via Innovation (or more complex in the case of Treasures like Bauble).

-Sorcerer/Giant says that if they get no card, the player gets a Curse, which seems outdated? http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=21240.msg891965#msg891965

I didn't take it that Donald changed that ruling (which is also in the rulebook) in that post.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 07, 2023, 01:16:00 pm »
+6

Version 10 is up, updated for Plunder.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All

Page created in 0.589 seconds with 21 queries.