Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Introducing a new rules document  (Read 10668 times)

Jeebus

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +831
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing a new rules document
« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2017, 09:41:02 am »
+5

The time has arrived! Version 4 is now up - with Nocturne, Dismantle, new rulings and several fixes and improvements.

Complete Rules for Dominion and All Its Expansions

Scoobie

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2017, 08:16:52 pm »
+2

Thank you so much for all of your hard work on this!

I was looking into the information on Donate/Mountain Pass and extra turns. In your summary on the bgg page, you refer to an update that says extra turns are resolved before Donate and Mountain Pass. The clarifications in each of those card entries say the extra turns are resolved after them.

Iím guessing that the document is correct these cards set up after turn abilities and they should be resolved after the turn that set them up, not after potential extra turns.

I did do some searching here and at bgg to find the correct answer, but was unsuccessful. (I didnít want to pester you with this.)

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +19589
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2017, 11:08:52 pm »
+2

Extra turns happen after Mountain Pass and Donate.

Jeebus

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 12:54:21 am »

I was looking into the information on Donate/Mountain Pass and extra turns. In your summary on the bgg page, you refer to an update that says extra turns are resolved before Donate and Mountain Pass. The clarifications in each of those card entries say the extra turns are resolved after them.

Iím guessing that the document is correct these cards set up after turn abilities and they should be resolved after the turn that set them up, not after potential extra turns.

Thanks for pointing this out! Donald answered you. It's a mistake on page 22 in my document. It's correct in the card entries, as you pointed out. Yes, I also made the mistake in the summery on BGG, but I corrected that now. Too bad I can't correct the mistake in the document until next version. Let's hope for a new expansion soon. :p

RevanFan

• Spy
  • Respect: +37
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 04:15:04 am »
+2

Thanks for pointing this out! Donald answered you. It's a mistake on page 22 in my document. It's correct in the card entries, as you pointed out. Yes, I also made the mistake in the summery on BGG, but I corrected that now. Too bad I can't correct the mistake in the document until next version. Let's hope for a new expansion soon. :p
You could always do a "version 4.1" correcting the small mistake. Or, if you feel better about it, "version 4.01."

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +7665
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2017, 11:17:34 am »

Is there an underlying rule that makes this true? On the surface, it appears to be 2 different "after this turn" effects, so you would get to choose.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

crj

• Minion
  • Respect: +849
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 09, 2017, 12:15:52 pm »

I've never seen this stated, but my inference from all the rulings I've seen for Outpost, Possession. Mission, Mountain Pass, Donate, etc. is that the way things go is:
  • ...End of Night phase
  • Cleanup
  • "At end of turn"
  • Determine if the game has ended
  • "After" the turn
  • Determine who will be taking the next turn
  • Start of turn
Things people do during turns, or after turns, can affect who takes the next turn, but all after-turn effects must be concluded before the next turn (for whomever) begins, there' can't be an after-turn effect that is deferred until an entire other turn has taken place.

Jeebus

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2017, 01:05:14 pm »

I think both interpretations are reasonable, but Donald has ruled on it in another thread (and now here).

Erick648

• Bishop
  • Respect: +370
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2017, 02:13:57 pm »

If you really want to parse it, "At the end of your turn" could imply that it's still part of your turn (and "At the start of your turn" abilities provide precedent for that), while "After your turn" is clearly after your turn is over.  It may not be obvious, but it's there if you're looking closely enough.
Duplicate duplicates Duplicates duplicate Duplicates duplicate.

Rene Descartes taught me to believe in myself.

Jeebus

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2017, 02:38:17 pm »

If you really want to parse it, "At the end of your turn" could imply that it's still part of your turn (and "At the start of your turn" abilities provide precedent for that), while "After your turn" is clearly after your turn is over.  It may not be obvious, but it's there if you're looking closely enough.

Yes, I think that is pretty obvious actually, but I don't see how it relates directly to the issue. Donate, Mountain Pass and extra turns all happen after you're turn.

Donald X.

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +19589
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2017, 03:43:52 pm »
+2

Is there an underlying rule that makes this true? On the surface, it appears to be 2 different "after this turn" effects, so you would get to choose.
It's that they were supposed to happen between turns (just to deal with Possession).

Jeebus

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2018, 09:10:24 pm »
+2

Version 4.1 is up, with some changes because of some new elements in the 2nd editions of Guilds, Cornucopia and Alchemy.

Complete Rules for Dominion and All Its Expansions

This will be the ultimate version until another expansion shows up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.