Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Neuland  (Read 787 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
Neuland
« on: May 06, 2016, 11:09:32 am »

I just learned this last weekend, and for some reason am fascinated with it. I bought it; can't wait to play it more. Anyone know about this game?

Apparently when it was re-published by Z-Man, they changed a few rules that everyone thinks is for the worse. So next time I'll be playing by the original rules. Basically it's feels like a mix of 504, Thebes, and Power Grid....

You exchanged resources for better resources along different possible upgrade paths to eventually have the resources you need to trade for VP. But the twist is that you never actually collect tokens to mark the resources you have, instead you have workers on buildings that represent your ownership of the resource. You have to move them from one building to the next, paying a transportation cost if the buildings aren't right next to each other.

The Thebes part is the way turn order goes. When a turn ends, you look at whoever has taken the least amount of actions, it's that person's turn.

The Power Grid part is the bad part actually... the AP, calculations, and downtime. You know how the last couple turns of Powergrid consist of the active player spending a while doing all the math to see if he can win or not? Most turns of this game are that way. But it's still a shorter game overall, so it's not that bad.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:18:56 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

faust

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5142
    • View Profile
Re: Neuland
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 02:40:45 pm »

Sounds like a game developed by the German government in order to make people familiar with the internet.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.