Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: [Feedback] Scheduling during the Reddit tournament  (Read 2201 times)

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
[Feedback] Scheduling during the Reddit tournament
« on: May 04, 2016, 02:16:31 pm »

The F.DS League moderating team is interested in feedback from players that would like to play in League Season 15 starting in ~2.5 weeks and in the Reddit tournament starting next week. We are considering options for providing players with extra time to complete league matches next season if necessary. If you are planning to participate in both competitions, please post your thoughts here.  You can also send comments to me via PM, and I will share them with the moderating team if you prefer not to post them publicly.

Thanks

Infthitbox

• Explorer
  • Respect: +440
    • View Profile
Re: [Feedback] Scheduling during the Reddit tournament
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 02:51:18 pm »
+1

I'm playing both, and I don't foresee any personal difficulty with having both run at the same time. It also looks like there's only a few players currently signed up for both.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
  • Respect: +1044
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 08:31:17 pm »
+5

Why would anyone host a tournament on Reddit when you could just host one here?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 08:33:14 pm »
+20

Why would anyone host a tournament on Reddit when you could just host one here?

There are some giant walls of text I can link you if you have a stiff drink available.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

amoffett11

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:34 pm »
+8

I'm playing in both. 

This is how I look at it:  when I say I'm going to participate in Season 15, I've made a commitment to keep up with the schedule, and complete my matches within the 5 weeks.  I would not have made this commitment if I thought I needed extra time.  Besides, wouldn't an extension mean that Season 16 starts later?  I wouldn't want that.

Likewise, I signed up for the YMYOWTFIC tourney, so I've made a commitment to keep up with whatever schedule that tourney involves. 

I don't think the league moderators need to make concessions for players in both leagues; it's up to the players to decide what they can handle.  Everyone can look at the schedules of one or both and decide which ones they can play in and which they can't.  Anyone who signs up for both and then complains to the moderators of either saying they don't have enough time, that's their own problem.   

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +576
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 11:30:24 am »
+2

I'm playing in both. 

This is how I look at it:  when I say I'm going to participate in Season 15, I've made a commitment to keep up with the schedule, and complete my matches within the 5 weeks.  I would not have made this commitment if I thought I needed extra time.  Besides, wouldn't an extension mean that Season 16 starts later?  I wouldn't want that.

Likewise, I signed up for the YMYOWTFIC tourney, so I've made a commitment to keep up with whatever schedule that tourney involves. 

I don't think the league moderators need to make concessions for players in both leagues; it's up to the players to decide what they can handle.  Everyone can look at the schedules of one or both and decide which ones they can play in and which they can't.  Anyone who signs up for both and then complains to the moderators of either saying they don't have enough time, that's their own problem.
I agree. People signing up to both of them have made a commitment to play both of them simultaneously. In my mind, people doing both have acknowledged: both take time, you've committed to both, and therefore you have to make time for both.

As a result, people playing 1 should not be penalised, so both tournaments should use whatever timescales they want.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3458
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 11:41:18 am »

Maybe just add a flex week at the end like during the holidays? Idk
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 12:16:52 pm »
+1

I want to provide a bit more insight here.

The moderating team has no preconceived intentions here other than doing what the league members prefer (which to this point sounds like not making any adjustments).

We are soliciting input because we have adjusted the league schedule for large scale tournaments in the past. Those tournaments were of course run here, which it more natural to work around.

We would not want to modify the league schedule unless a reasonable percentage of league players supported it. There may be things that can be done to help players schedule matches that don't require adjusting the league schedule. (e.g. sometimes lower divisions have groups that are not full, and we could prioritize putting a player in such a group if they requested.)

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 01:17:33 pm »

I will be playing in the reddit tournament, and would appreciate if there were no overlap between it and the league

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 01:20:07 pm »

Also for those that aren't aware, this tournament starts on Monday, and the signups are already up here
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.