Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: When is Bridge Troll in play?  (Read 2539 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
When is Bridge Troll in play?
« on: May 02, 2016, 10:33:03 pm »
+1

In Adventures online, you have to click to trigger Bridge Troll's cost-reduction at the beginning of your turn. My impression was that the effect that was triggered at the beginning of your turn was just getting the +buy, and the cost reduction would be in place from the very beginning of your turn, even before you choose to resolve duration effects (since it is in play and it's your turn). Did MF get this wrong (shocking!) or can you actually trigger other start-of-turn things before the cost-reduction takes effect? This matters if you have, say, a Princed Bishop.

math

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: math
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: When is Bridge Troll in play?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:49:23 pm »
+1

I played with Bridge Troll online today, and we didn't have anything like this happen - it was automatic.  You're correct, that is how it should work.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:50:01 pm »
+1

They got it wrong.  Let them know.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Deadlock39

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1758
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:33:31 pm »

Are you certain it didn't trigger the cost before you clicked it, or was it just making you trigger the +buy?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2016, 01:39:15 am »

If you have more than one start of turn trigger, MF now allows you to choose which order to resolve each trigger.

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 02:10:59 am »

If you have more than one start of turn trigger, MF now allows you to choose which order to resolve each trigger.
But I guess the question is whether Bridge Troll's below-the-line effect is something that triggers at the same time as its "+1 Buy" or not, and I would say that it isn't (it's a persistent effect conditional on the card remaining in play, which checks whether it's your turn or not, and if it is then the cost of cards are reduced). If MF only activates the cost reduction once it's resolved the +1 Buy, then that would seem to be in error.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
  • Respect: +1492
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 03:19:27 am »

Are you certain it didn't trigger the cost before you clicked it, or was it just making you trigger the +buy?

I checked and the cost wasn't reduced until I actually clicked on the Bridge Troll.

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 03:38:41 am »

We have Lighthouse for comparison: While this is in play, when another player plays an Attack card, it doesn't affect you.
This means a card can be in play while it's set aside as a duration.

So this means that Bridge Troll is always in play - also on other players' turns -, not just when you resolve it at the start of your turn.
It's just that the "while this is in play" only matters for your turns and not those of other players.

In conclusion I would think that the cost reduction kicks in at the very beginning of your turn, before resolving any cards and as mentioned, this could matter for a Princed Bishop/Workshop etc...

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 11:05:13 am »
+2

I checked and the cost wasn't reduced until I actually clicked on the Bridge Troll.

Then that's wrong and you should yell at them.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2016, 02:09:12 pm »

Then that's wrong and you should yell at them.
Or be silent and exploit it with the Princed Bishop.  ;)

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.