Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Let's Discuss... Alchemy!  (Read 1910 times)

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
Let's Discuss... Alchemy!
« on: May 02, 2016, 06:17:11 pm »

So we've done all the Alchemy cards. What comments do we have on the expansion as a whole?
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Re: Let's Discuss... Alchemy!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 07:17:15 pm »

The single Adventures game I played after the release today was against some random schmuck - the board had Lighthouse (Bane), Scrying Pool, Scheme, Young Witch, Golem, Relic, Treasury, and Possesion (and other cards I ignored).  Golems and Possessions and Young Witches made my opponent resign at 21 points to -2, after I had about a couple Provinces using his deck.

Suffice to say, Alchemy is a bucket of fun.  :)
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

amoffett11

• Golem
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 10:43:11 pm »

Suffice to say, Alchemy is a bucket of fun.  :)

I agree that Alchemy is lots of fun, and doesn't quite deserve its reputation as the worst expansion (although I guess something has to be the worst, and its probably alchemy).  That being said, fun as it is, it might be the expansion that can be the least fun when someone finds themselves on the wrong side of a blowout.  Case in point, your game above where you probably cursed, Possessed, and spied your opponent into absolute oblivion. 

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 11:39:47 pm »
+3

I agree that Alchemy is lots of fun, and doesn't quite deserve its reputation as the worst expansion (although I guess something has to be the worst, and its probably alchemy).  That being said, fun as it is, it might be the expansion that can be the least fun when someone finds themselves on the wrong side of a blowout.  Case in point, your game above where you probably cursed, Possessed, and spied your opponent into absolute oblivion.
I like Alchemy too, and I guess it's kind of fair to say that it's maybe the least fun expansion to play *against*. It's great when you're the one drawing your deck with Alchemists and Scrying Pools, and messing with your opponent via Possession and Familiar chains, but if you have to sit there with the top card of your deck guaranteed to be junk, only actually benefiting from half of "your" turns, and waiting for your opponent to count their deck for every PStone, it's a little less pleasant.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1384
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 06:33:51 pm »
+5

I like Alchemy too, and I guess it's kind of fair to say that it's maybe the least fun expansion to play *against*. It's great when you're the one drawing your deck with Alchemists and Scrying Pools, and messing with your opponent via Possession and Familiar chains, but if you have to sit there with the top card of your deck guaranteed to be junk, only actually benefiting from half of "your" turns, and waiting for your opponent to count their deck for every PStone, it's a little less pleasant.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.169 seconds with 20 queries.