Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: What's up with BGG?  (Read 2628 times)

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
What's up with BGG?
« on: April 28, 2016, 01:22:54 pm »

Has anyone noticed that the game pages on bgg look completely different, and kind of screwed up?

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/36218/dominion

If I had to guess, it kind of looks like it's presenting the mobile view instead of the desktop view. Or is it just that they've updated their site, and the new update is kind of bad? Or is it just me, even though I've tried it on multiple browsers?

*Edit* Just now noticed that if you click that annoying "feedback" button , it asks what you think about the new page design... so I guess it is a new design. A terrible one. Among other things, there's no longer a "linked forums" section where you can see if there have been any new posts on any Dominion expansions.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 01:24:16 pm by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
Re: What's up with BGG?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 01:27:13 pm »

It's a long-awaited site update that is slowly rolling out.  Of course it's going to get mixed opinions, but feedback has mostly been positive, afaik.  People who have gotten used to the old layout (especially power users who customized it) are probably going to have a tougher time adjusting.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
  • Respect: +1346
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 01:33:55 pm »

I´d check but BBG is blocked at my school  :(
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:21:09 pm »
+5

Oh hey, the site almost looks like something designed in the current millennium now. I might actually start using it once they finish updating everything.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:23:16 pm by Awaclus »
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 05:26:30 pm »

I might actually visit the BGG webzone now. I avoided it before because it looked like garbage.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 05:27:40 pm »
+2

I might actually visit the BGG webzone now. I avoided it before because it looked like garbage.

How would you say it looked worse than, say, this forum?

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2016, 05:28:29 pm »
+1

This forum is sleeker looking. It's got the 'preset' look, but it rocks it pretty well. :)
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

clb

• Tactician
  • Respect: +182
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2016, 05:51:12 pm »

The linked forums are still there. There's a string of words below the "header"-like area, which start Overview, Forums, Images, etc. I think clicking on Forums will bring up the information you are looking for. Arranged differently, of course.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12868
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 05:59:09 pm »
+4

This forum doesn't have crap tons of useless information fighting for your attention from every inch of the screen.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

ConMan

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1706
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 07:21:30 pm »

Has anyone noticed that the game pages on bgg look completely different, and kind of screwed up?

If I had to guess, it kind of looks like it's presenting the mobile view instead of the desktop view. Or is it just that they've updated their site, and the new update is kind of bad? Or is it just me, even though I've tried it on multiple browsers?

*Edit* Just now noticed that if you click that annoying "feedback" button , it asks what you think about the new page design... so I guess it is a new design. A terrible one. Among other things, there's no longer a "linked forums" section where you can see if there have been any new posts on any Dominion expansions.
Apparently the "Linked Forums" bit is yet to come, so barring that my biggest gripe is that the new pages don't work on my main work browser because, like so many work browsers, it's a version of IE that's just a bit too old.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
  • Respect: +1980
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2016, 07:23:18 pm »
+1

Apparently the "Linked Forums" bit is yet to come, so barring that my biggest gripe is that the new pages don't work on my main work browser because, like so many work browsers, it's a version of IE that's just a bit too old.

Well then maybe you should GET BACK TO WORK!
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 21 queries.