Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Author Topic: "Features" threads  (Read 90415 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
Re: "Features" threads
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2016, 09:55:05 am »
+10

This should be posted in the proper channel, regarding Enchantress:

I hereby require that the new Online version change the affected card's art to a pig.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2016, 02:02:48 pm »
+5

Here's a low-priority idea that could be fun: a "puzzle" mode where people can try out/verify their solutions to puzzles.

Some important features for such a mode (probably obvious, but whatever):

* change the number of players
* toggle whether it's a "perfect shuffle luck" puzzle (ie have the computer shuffle, or set the order yourself on each shuffle)
* set the use of Colonies+Platinum/Shelters/Events/Landmarks outside of the recommended setup rules

For things like the infinite loop puzzle, you'd want to be able to add lines to the log describing key pieces of the state; eg once you have the hand you need, you'd dump the contents of your hand/the trash/your current buys and coins, then once you've executed the loop you'd dump the same stuff again, showing you increased your buys and coins, and the same cards are ready for you to do it again.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

LibraryAdventurer

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LibraryAdventurer
  • I wish my username had the links like it once did.
  • Respect: +1674
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2016, 02:19:40 am »
+2

My only high-priority request that hasn't been mentioned is a kingdom chooser which can choose random while excluding certain cards (like you could do with Goko Salvager).
It's fine if it's casual-only.

SkyHard

• Steward
  • Respect: +17
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2016, 06:19:41 am »
+1

It would be cool to have an interface for the bots so that interested people (like me  ::) - it's Java right?) could create their own bots. :-*

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 18, 2016, 04:05:05 pm »
+1

I'd enjoy a mode where 3 or 5 kingdoms are listed, and players strike ones they don't want to play on, and then they play whatever kingdom is left.  I think that wouldn't be too hard? Anyway, some version of isotropic's veto mode seems worth the effort, seems reasonably low effort high reward, although I didn't like how that veto mode was implemented exactly because it was a bit surgical.

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1781
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 18, 2016, 04:08:46 pm »
+2

It would be great if there's a button that pulls up the FAQ for all of the cards being used in the current game.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 18, 2016, 06:15:42 pm »
+4

Ability to trash all your yellow cards at any point in the game for free.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 18, 2016, 06:19:05 pm »
+1

Considering SCSN is involved making this, we might see that come true.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2016, 06:57:04 pm »

It would be great if there's a button that pulls up the FAQ for all of the cards being used in the current game.

Man, I can't see Stef or SCSN doing this, and adding all the bells and whistles people want too. There's a point where it should be enough.

I think custom avatars, a good workable interface, and rooms for matchmaking are all we really need. Tournament stuff and everything else can be added as needed later.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

SCSN

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2016, 04:38:20 am »
+12

Who said there will be yellow cards at all? ;)

Man, I can't see Stef or SCSN doing this, and adding all the bells and whistles people want too. There's a point where it should be enough.

We surely won't implement everything that gets suggested, but since reading suggestions takes very little time, I'd say: keep them coming!

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2016, 04:43:33 am »
+1

I think custom avatars, a good workable interface, and rooms for matchmaking are all we really need. Tournament stuff and everything else can be added as needed later.

I still think that custom avatars shouldn't be possible at all, or at most something that you can purchase for actual money and/or win as a reward for tournaments and stuff, because if everyone has a custom avatar, things can get out of hand super easily, especially when it's a small company handling everything.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2016, 08:00:21 am »

I still think that custom avatars shouldn't be possible at all, or at most something that you can purchase for actual money and/or win as a reward for tournaments and stuff, because if everyone has a custom avatar, things can get out of hand super easily, especially when it's a small company handling everything.

The world didn't seem to burn down when Salvager supported this feature. There will be some spam and some bad avatars, but a Report button and a half dozen volunteer mods and the problem is mitigated.
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2016, 08:47:20 am »
+2

The world didn't seem to burn down when Salvager supported this feature. There will be some spam and some bad avatars, but a Report button and a half dozen volunteer mods and the problem is mitigated.

Most people didn't have Salvager.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

wachsmuth

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +347
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2016, 09:41:44 am »
+11

Desktop or push notifications, such as those Steam or Lichess.org use. When the Dominion client is minimized, I still want to be notified if someone challenges me to a game or if it's my turn. Currently, you have to periodically check back on the client if you want to be notified of it, which means that many times people have sent me challenges that I haven't responded to.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2016, 09:29:04 pm »
+5

Desktop or push notifications, such as those Steam or Lichess.org use. When the Dominion client is minimized, I still want to be notified if someone challenges me to a game or if it's my turn. Currently, you have to periodically check back on the client if you want to be notified of it, which means that many times people have sent me challenges that I haven't responded to.

It actually does make noise when that happens.  But no one has the sound on in MF's client.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2016, 04:32:07 pm »
+1

After playing a game against someone who used every curse word he knew and directed them towards me for the crime of getting super lucky in a Scrying Pool mirror (by not buying treasure on a Fishing Village board, derp), I kinda don't feel like custom-avatars-or-not will be difference on whether users will be capable of being abusive towards other users in some way, so might as well enable them if you're not going to go 100% Hearthstone and disable chat also.

enfynet

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1162
    • View Profile
    • JD's Custom Clubs
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2016, 04:51:01 pm »
+3

Or you could use filters so you can't discuss strategies behind ambbuttador.
"I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious."

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2016, 05:47:28 pm »
+2

After playing a game against someone who used every curse word he knew and directed them towards me for the crime of getting super lucky in a Scrying Pool mirror (by not buying treasure on a Fishing Village board, derp), I kinda don't feel like custom-avatars-or-not will be difference on whether users will be capable of being abusive towards other users in some way, so might as well enable them if you're not going to go 100% Hearthstone and disable chat also.
At least you can't put images in chat.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2016, 01:18:45 pm »
+2

(2p games only) When one player has achieved guaranteed victory by having more than half of the available VP, maybe display a message to the losing player and make the resign button more prominent for them?

Obviously there are a lot of kingdoms where it's not as simple as "I have half of the printed VP in the Supply, my victory is guaranteed" but sometimes the game does get to a state like that, the trailing player doesn't know they have no mathematical chance, and the player in the lead needs to take a few turns to empty 3 piles, or hit $8 a couple more times, or whatever. At that point, there is nothing interesting for either player to do, so it'd be in both players' interest to end the game now.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
  • Respect: +2982
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2016, 01:23:44 pm »
+10

At least you can't put images in chat.

.............................................____, ,,---~`\,.............. .................................................. .........
................................,,,_.,-~"* . . . . . . . . ."\,.............................................. ...........................
.............................,/` . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "\, .................................................. ....................
......................... ,/. . . . : : : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :\?-,...................... ...........................................
....................... ./. . . .: . :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : ::: ?-, ................. ..............................................
......................,/ . . . : . :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : :: ?-, ............... ............................................
...................,-/? : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : : : :: : : :::: :::: ::::::?;............... ...........................................
......... *""\'''~~~~-______________________,,,,,,,,,,,,----~""""""""`/""*........................................
............ \,/\,/'\,,/"\,,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/""\,..,/"\,/"\,/"\,/"\.,-"-/...............................................
.............."~~-,,_____,,,,__________,,,,,,,,_____________,,,,---~"............................................. ..
?????..,-?? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _,,_ ; ; ;??-,?????????????..
????..,-?? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-??_ ??-,\ ; ; ; ; ?,????????:|?????
????,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,,-~?????~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-?;;;?, : :||; ; ; ; ; ?,????????????.
???.,-? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-?/ :,-~??~, : ?,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-,-? : // ; ; ; ; ; ;?,???????????..
??..,-? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?,| : ?-,;;;;,-? : /? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ????? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?-,???????????
??.,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;??-,,___,,-~? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;??~,, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-,??????????.
??.| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-,;;?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-??????????.
??,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;-;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; |??????????
??| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-?,;;;;|??-~ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?,??????????
......| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;---,,,,,,,_,,,,-~??, ?-,;;;| ,,-? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?,?????????.
??| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;???~-,,,_ , , , , , , ?,;,?,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;\?????????.
??| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;??-,~-,, , ,,??,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?,?????????
???, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ??-,,???;;;;| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?,?????????
??.| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;??-,_,? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?,?????????
??.?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?,????????..
??..?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; \????????.
???\ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?,????????
???.?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|????????
???..| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-,???????.
???..?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,--~~--,, ; ; ; ; ;,--------,, ; ,--~, ; ; ,,-~, ; ;,--,,;,,-~~-,, ; ; ; ; ; ;?,??????..
????| ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-?? . ,,--,, . ?-, ; ; ; ;| . ,-,, . ?, | . . | ; ;?-, . .\,,/ . ./?-,,--, . ?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ?-,??????
????| ; ; ; ; ; ; | . .,? ; ; ;?, . .| ; ; ; | . .?-? . ,-? | . . | ; ; ; ?-, . . .,-? ; ;,-? . ,-? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?-,?????.
?????, ; ; ; ; ; ;?, . ?-,__,-? . ,? ; ; ; | . .|\ . .\ . | . . |___ ; ;} . . / ; ; ;?----? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-,????.
????.| ; ; ; ; ; ; ;?-,,_ . ._,,-? ; ; ; ; |__| .\__\ ;|_____/ ; ;/__/ ; ; ; ; (?) ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?-,????
??.......?, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;? ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ?-,???

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
  • Respect: +575
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2016, 07:52:46 am »
+2

Just to check, when are the sparkliness of the animations going to be revealed to the public?
It's the thing I'm most looking forward to in this implementation- Goko/Making Fun didn't have enough.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 31, 2016, 05:36:31 am »

If the "Play All Treasures" Button does not actually play all your treasures, I think it should say so on the button very clearly. Maybe some type of color change or something. This was quite annoying: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15565.0

Alternatively there could actually be a "Play All Treasures Button" with a cautious Treasures button in the normal place, but this one somewhere else. Sometimes I just want to play all my treasures including all alternate treasures.

Accatitippi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Accatitippi
  • Silver is underraided
  • Respect: +1795
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 31, 2016, 08:54:03 am »
+2

I would happily do without a "play all treasures" button in games involving Grand Market, Mint, Mandarin, Counterfeit &Co., if I were given an option.

singletee

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: singletee
  • Gold, Silver, Copper, Let's Jam!
  • Respect: +1606
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 31, 2016, 09:06:12 am »

If the "Play All Treasures" Button does not actually play all your treasures, I think it should say so on the button very clearly. Maybe some type of color change or something. This was quite annoying: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=15565.0

Alternatively there could actually be a "Play All Treasures Button" with a cautious Treasures button in the normal place, but this one somewhere else. Sometimes I just want to play all my treasures including all alternate treasures.

Another solution I see for this would be to require the player to click on a Begin Buying button before starting to buy anything. This would also prevent stuff like that example you noted in the other thread about Swindling the opponent's Estate, as well as cases of buying Borrow before playing your treasures.

ravi

• Bishop
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 31, 2016, 09:49:00 am »
+2

Another solution I see for this would be to require the player to click on a Begin Buying button before starting to buy anything. This would also prevent stuff like that example you noted in the other thread about Swindling the opponent's Estate, as well as cases of buying Borrow before playing your treasures.

I think the simpler solution is to have the '+' button on swindler be a different color than the '+' button when you gain cards yourself. In fact you could have a different color for gaining, buying, and sending cards to your opponent. (not sure how many other mechanics I'm missing that are unique here, so there may not be enough colors for all of them).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.