Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Author Topic: "Features" threads  (Read 90406 times)

crlundy

• Apprentice
  • Shuffle iT Username: crlundy
  • Respect: +323
    • View Profile
Re: "Features" threads
« Reply #200 on: August 15, 2016, 03:34:25 am »
+1

I don't know if these qualify as features requests or just design suggestions, but here they are for your reading pleasure:

• Clickable options for everything. I use a trackpad but suck at dragging things and not letting go of them mid-drag. (Watchtower makes me unreasonably annoyed, but MMF makes me think you're already working on this one, yay.)
  • No "pointless" decisions. (e.g. Which Silver to trash to a Knight or what order to put back my Estates for Oracle.)
  • (I'm a Mac person, so I'm not sure what the Windows equivalents of these would be) Bounce the app in the dock / badge the app icon when you're challenged.
  • Ability to choose who goes first when challenging a specific player.
  • Unless you're rethinking how your hand is displayed, it'd be nice to have the cards peek out as you rolled over them. Just enough to see the name for any time you're selecting something.
  • I'd like to see my opponents' inventories (e.g. coin tokens) without having to click on each person. And I can't leave their trays open because it hides other info I need. Basically, no trays please.
  • Fairly certain it's been mentioned here, but seeing my and my opponent's stats in-game.
  • Game history, for my League matches when forget how many I've played and who went first.
  • This may be too complicated, but know when the order I resolve things matters and don't make me pick an order when it doesn't. (I can dream, right?)

Thanks for all your hard work, and I'm looking forward to seeing the new release!

jamfamsam

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: jamfamsam
  • Respect: +1214
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2016, 12:07:31 pm »

I agree with crlundy. No pointless decisions. If multiple cards need to be decided for trashing or putting back on your deck or whatever, and the cards are the same, skip the decision. It's not important which copper I put back on my deck first.
"There is no extra charge for awesomeness..."

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 17, 2016, 12:08:56 pm »

I agree with crlundy. No pointless decisions. If multiple cards need to be decided for trashing or putting back on your deck or whatever, and the cards are the same, skip the decision. It's not important which copper I put back on my deck first.

Cards should be Bosons, not Fermions!

Chris is me

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Chris is me
  • What do you want me to say?
  • Respect: +3457
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 17, 2016, 12:55:34 pm »

As the client approaches a stable-ish alpha, then beta testing, etc, how much information will be shared about it in advance and outside of testers? Does the contract or best development practices suggest you should keep new dominion information close to the chest? Or will we get to drool over screenshots of the new interface very soon?
Twitch channel: http://www.twitch.tv/chrisisme2791

bug me on discord

pm me if you wanna do stuff for the blog

they/them

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3676
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 17, 2016, 12:58:26 pm »

Where can I sign up for the Alpha testing? Maybe it's all random, but if there's a list, I'd like to sign up  ;D
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

SCSN

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +7140
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 17, 2016, 02:00:01 pm »
+13

As the client approaches a stable-ish alpha, then beta testing, etc, how much information will be shared about it in advance and outside of testers? Does the contract or best development practices suggest you should keep new dominion information close to the chest? Or will we get to drool over screenshots of the new interface very soon?

Where can I sign up for the Alpha testing? Maybe it's all random, but if there's a list, I'd like to sign up  ;D

We're resuming testing with the original testers soon. Our forum will be launched around the same time, which will contain some information for non-testers about possibly becoming a tester at a later stage.

Don't expect to be drooling over screenshots soon, but we'll give you an impression of our work before the launch.

Does the contract or best development practices suggest you should keep new dominion information close to the chest?

I'm always happy to share new Dominion information: it's unwise to buy so many Golds and Silvers.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 17, 2016, 02:01:33 pm »
+1

We're resuming testing with the original testers soon. Our forum will be launched around the same time, which will contain some information for non-testers about possibly becoming a tester at a later stage.

Don't expect to be drooling over screenshots soon, but we'll give you an impression of our work before the launch.

Does the contract or best development practices suggest you should keep new dominion information close to the chest?

I'm always happy to share new Dominion information: it's unwise to buy so many Golds and Silvers.

But Magpie likes them...

SirD

• Bishop
  • Life is supposed to be fun
  • Respect: +55
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 18, 2016, 06:06:03 am »

I realise that the thing I deplore the most is the pairing system MF introduced.

I would be so pleased if there were an option to choose if you want to play a fast game or a measured one. While I do not love it, if players take excessive amounts of time for their turns, I can arrange myself with that, and I certainly prefer it to players quitting or nagging.

This has gone as far as that I currently only play friends or bots.

P.S. Maybe it will sort itself out on its own on your system. The Goko solution with rooms and the ability to accept or reject a player also worked much better. Greetings.

Greetings,
SirDagen

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 18, 2016, 09:09:40 am »
+3

Perhaps you misunderstood, I was asking for new Dominion information.  ;)

bug me on discord

they/them

ThetaSigma12

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ThetaSigma12
  • Respect: +1809
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 18, 2016, 12:19:26 pm »
+2

Perhaps you misunderstood, I was asking for new Dominion information.  ;)
Delve and Wedding let you get Golds and Silvers easier.
My magnum opus collection of dominion fan cards is available here!

Gherald

• Minion
  • Awe: +35
  • Respect: +1397
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2016, 11:24:18 pm »
+3

I don't know if this has been suggested already but I would like to see an alternate mode that, like a victory point counter, adds more information.

Specifically I'd like it to display the contents of each player's deck similar to how isotropic+extensions was in its last days
My opponent has more loot than me

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2016, 12:30:30 am »
+1

I don't know if this has been suggested already but I would like to see an alternate mode that, like a victory point counter, adds more information.

Specifically I'd like it to display the contents of each player's deck similar to how isotropic+extensions was in its last days

I would very much like this not to be an option KTHXBAI.

Limetime

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: limetime
  • Respect: +1179
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2016, 12:30:54 am »

Why not??????

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2016, 01:04:02 am »
+1

Why not??????

Man, you can find any number of threads about this argument.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2016, 04:13:06 am »

Well, it is possible to deck track without a tracker. Just write on paper as you play along. The thing is even if you don't do it, there is nothing stopping another player from doing so. With that said, I think Donald X. has said he is opposed to a tracker. I think though for tournament play it might be a good idea to have one to prevent cheating

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +558
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2016, 07:40:15 am »

Well, it is possible to deck track without a tracker. Just write on paper as you play along. The thing is even if you don't do it, there is nothing stopping another player from doing so. With that said, I think Donald X. has said he is opposed to a tracker. I think though for tournament play it might be a good idea to have one to prevent cheating
I think if Dominion ever blew up Hearthstone-style you'd have to allow the existence of such things because there's no way of preventing it otherwise.

But as it stands currently with the community still relatively small, I think it's pretty much fine to just say "we don't want people doing this"; maybe I have too much faith in people, but I don't think anyone participating in an f.ds-run tournament (at least) would be tracking with pen and paper if we decide that it's not allowed.  (Which we have essentially done.)
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2016, 08:06:12 am »

I'd like it to exist for unrated / custom games only, kind of like games with no limits to Events / Landmarks, games with customized kingdoms, forced starting hands, or predetermined starts, or other rules variations.

I think if Dominion ever blew up Hearthstone-style you'd have to allow the existence of such things because there's no way of preventing it otherwise.

But as it stands currently with the community still relatively small, I think it's pretty much fine to just say "we don't want people doing this"; maybe I have too much faith in people, but I don't think anyone participating in an f.ds-run tournament (at least) would be tracking with pen and paper if we decide that it's not allowed.  (Which we have essentially done.)

I've used a pen and paper in one situation - to track Hermit / Madman / Market Square counts in those games, since those are basically eight turn games where you're just repeating an algorithm of steps and everything's really specific to those numbers. It's probably logically inconsistent with not using tracking for anything else, but fuck that combo otherwise, you know?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:08:36 am by Chris is me »

bug me on discord

they/them

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2016, 11:21:36 pm »
+3

Automated tracking is like a VP counter. If you don't like it, select the seek option to not play with it.

For me it just saves time and boring mental effort.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2016, 01:00:49 am »

Automated tracking is like a VP counter. If you don't like it, select the seek option to not play with it.

So it will fracture the player base. Sounds like a good argument not to have it.

Gherald

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2016, 04:11:47 am »
+3

Right.. because communities are so much better off when people have fewer choices ::)

Chris is me

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2016, 07:49:05 am »

So it will fracture the player base. Sounds like a good argument not to have it.

No reason the feature can't at the very least be implemented for unrated games.

bug me on discord

they/them

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12846
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2016, 08:25:56 am »
+2

Sounds like a good argument to not have the option to play without it to me!
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

popsofctown

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2860
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 21, 2016, 05:58:20 pm »

Sometimes I accidentally let my love of the deckbuilding genre and its flagship get me all rosy eyed and optimistic and hopeful that something that seems to have so much merit in and of itself should surely become big and wonderful someday.  Then every once and a while I get these helpful friendly reminders that not only is it small now, no-one wants to think of it existing in any other state, which is one of the most extravagant ways of helping to guarantee it never reaches any other state.

Guilty Gear is so fun and beautiful I have lot of issues there too, but whenever I let my feelings get away with me the playerbase is always extremely helpful and willing to put me down about the subgenre ever getting traction.

I'll probably go browse mtgsalvation now, until I go home from work and skip Guilty Gear meetup to play League of Legends, which implemented protections against some methods of client-side unfair advantage when it was an indie beta with the playerbase of a couple hundred. Huzzahs!

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
  • Respect: +20
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2016, 11:59:27 pm »
+2

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes:

Now that the base set and Intrigue have had their cards changed, will the removed cards be available on the new client? I would like to be able to play with them still, but I understand that they were removed for a reason. Maybe if they're only available in custom games?

-Stef-

• Board Moderator
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:09 am »
+8

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here goes:

Now that the base set and Intrigue have had their cards changed, will the removed cards be available on the new client? I would like to be able to play with them still, but I understand that they were removed for a reason. Maybe if they're only available in custom games?

We won't have them at launch. If people continue to ask for them we might add them later but honestly I don't see the point. Those cards were removed with good reasons.

It's very much like adding a Copper to your deck. Yes being able to spend $1 more now is nice, but are you still happy when you realize that drawing that Copper prevented you from drawing your Laboratory?
Join the Dominion League!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.