Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23  All

Author Topic: Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over  (Read 54039 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia - Game Over
« on: April 19, 2016, 03:12:29 pm »

Mafia 81: Desperation Mafia

Mods: yuma

This is a normal, open, 9-player mafia game. The setup is a mafiascum setup called: 09:12

I will encourage all players to consider signing up for RR's game prior to joining this one, but will not restrict anyone from joining.

Players:
1. ADK
2. iguanaiguana
3. Awaclus
4. Haddock
5. 2.7
6. WW
7. gkrieg
8. RR
9. chairs

tagged: Seprix, ss

f.ds Mafia Ruleset

The Platinum Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game. Treat others as they want to be treated, not as you want to be treated.

Please read The Civility Pledge before signing up for this game. If you have not /pledged there, you cannot play here.

Excessive personal attacks or uncivil behavior may be dealt with by modifiers or modkills.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:

1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable, check with the mod if you need clarifications.
2. Personal communication outside of the forum postings is NOT ALLOWED unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
3. If you have a role with a Night action, your choices are due to all mods by the posted deadline (generally 48 hours from Night start during the first few Nights; later Nights may have shorter deadlines). If we do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used. Generally, one team member may submit the Night Actions for all team members. See rule 7 under miscellaneous below if you anticipate being VLA while having a PR.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage), unless your Role PM specifically allows it.
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mods know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase, unless your Action is compulsory.
6. As a general rule you should aim for more than one post every 24 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving. Please treat this game as a commitment. If you can't commit to this game because of outside activities/responsibilities, other forum games or other contributing factors please /out before the start of the game.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:

1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate. Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName. Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax! Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post in the game or in Quicktopics, except for twilight. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent, but will be invited to the Spectator Quicktopic.
8. Do not edit or delete posts. We don't want some players having more information than others. If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

9. This game will have 7 day deadlines and 2 days nights.
10. Lynch rules vary by the number of players alive.  With 10 or more players alive, the player with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched.  Ties are broken by coin flip.  With nine or less players alive, if a majority lynch is not reached by the deadline, no lynch occurs.
11. Rule Update: Players must have avatars that are unique to themselves. If multiple players have the same avatar and neither are willing to change they will both be mod killed.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:

1. Bold, brown text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mods privately. Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mods may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed. These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game. In the event of an incorrect vote count the mod has the right to revert the game state back to the state before the erroneous vote count. This means that any votes cast in the meantime will become void. Any time that was lost during this even will be added back onto for deadlines. Please note that if a mistake is not caught before a flip, the erroneous vote count will become binding.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mods so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 24 hours of no activity (VLA posts in the official VLA thread negate automatic prods). A prodded player has 24 hours to respond or risks replacement. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill, or beyond.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging. If you have a Power Role and go on VLA for longer than 2 days (the time period of a Night) please submit a temporary Night Action before leaving on VLA. This will be a placeholder action in the event that you will be absent during the night. Failure to submit an action before leaving will result in a "no action" that night.
8. Players who discover they are too busy to play in a game or want to leave the game for civility issues are not allowed to officially /out in the thread. A request to /out must only be done via a PM to the moderator. Please do not use this as a manipulation technique. (Note players may continue to threaten to /out or imply that they might as long as it does not include an official request). Requests to /out are final once submitted. There will be no /outing and then /inning back into the game so make sure that when you /out you have thought it through and really want to do it. Players that can't be replaced will simply be mod-killed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:36:02 am by yuma »

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 81: Dr. Mafia (Open for Signups)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 03:12:40 pm »

Welcome to Desperiation Mafia. 09:12 is a 9-player semi-open setup. The possible power roles are Roleblocker, Vanilla Cop, Tracker, Rolecop, Follower, Jailkeeper, Strongman, Babysitter, and Doctor.

A number between 1 and 12 will randomly be rolled. The role corresponding to that number and the following two numbers will be taken using this picture:

Possible setups:

1. Town Vanilla Cop/Town Tracker/Mafia Rolecop
2. Town Tracker/Mafia Rolecop/Town Follower
3. Mafia Rolecop/Town Follower/Town Jailkeeper
4. Town Follower/Town Jailkeeper/Mafia 1-shot Strongman
5. Town Jailkeeper/Mafia 1-shot Strongman/Town Babysitter
6. Mafia 1-shot Strongman/Town Babysitter/Town Roleblocker
7. Town Babysitter/Town Roleblocker/Mafia Rolecop
8. Town Roleblocker/Mafia Rolecop/Town Rolecop
9. Mafia Rolecop/Town Rolecop/Town Doctor
10. Town Rolecop/Town Doctor/Mafia Roleblocker
11. Town Doctor/Mafia Roleblocker/Town Vanilla Cop
12. Mafia Roleblocker/Town Vanilla Cop/Town Tracker

Night Action Resolution:
Strongman
Blocking
Protective
Killing
Investigative

- Roles of the same type will occur simultaneously.

Notes:
- Daystart
- Mafia PRs may only perform both a night action and a night kill if they are the only mafia player left alive.
- Investigations that are blocked will receive results of "No Result"

TL;DR Summary:
- 1 Mafia Goon
- 1 Mafia PR
- 2 Town PRs
- 5 Vanilla Townies

Win Conditions:

Town:
Welcome to Desperation Mafia, X. We are Desperate for some good ol' fashioned deduction games. But a small faction of our community is trying their hardest to prevent any more forum games from continuing. You need to root out the evil and allow our forum to continue to have forum games to our hearts' content. If you don't, mafia games will cease to exist.

Your win condition is to eliminate all threats to town.

Mafia:
Welcome to Desperation Mafia. You are your partner are sick of mafia games, especially here in the forum. It is time to stop them. No more forum games, this place is for Dominion you say. You and your partner will stop at nothing to get rid of this nuisance. You would even sink so low to infiltrate an ongoing mafia game. If you win, this could very well be the last mafia game every played in this forum.

You win when your faction controls the town or nothing can prevent that from occurring.

Roles:

Roleblocker:
- Each night phase, you may attempt to block another player from performing their own action (if any).

Vanilla Cop:
- Each night phase, you may attempt to investigate another player. You will receive results of "Vanilla" or "Not Vanilla". Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will return the result of "Vanilla."

Tracker
- Each night phase, you may attempt to investigate another player. You will learn who the player you targeted during the night, but not what actions that player performed.

Rolecop
- Each night phase, you may attempt to investigate another player. You will learn what the role name of the player you targeted during the night. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will return the result of "Vanilla.

Follower
- Each night you may attempt to investigate another player. You will learn what active actions that player performed (e.g. Killing, Protective), but not what player targeted them.

Jailkeeper
- Each night you may attempt to put another player in jail. You will simultaneously roleblock and protect that player from one nightkill.

1-Shot Strongman
- Once during the night you may select to use a strongman if you are the player performing the kill. If you do, nothing will be able to block your shot from going through.

Babysitter
- Each night you may attempt to protect another player. You will stop one kill targeting them from working. However, if you yourself are targeted for a kill, both of you will die.

Doctor
- Each night you may attempt to protect another player. You will stop one kill targeting them from working.

Vanilla Town
- You have no role. Just your voice and your vote.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 11:33:48 am by yuma »

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 03:19:55 pm »

/in
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:27:32 pm »

Yay for crazy setups and promotion of Roadrunner!

/in
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:32 pm »

eehh. I don't think I like this setup.

Might signup anyway, though. But RR's game should start first.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:38 pm »

What about QT quoting?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 03:29:52 pm »

/in

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 03:31:03 pm »

/in
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 03:33:27 pm »

What about QT quoting?

I haven't fully decided. I want to be able to use QTs because I like having people submit Actions that way (easier as a mod to track and follow), but I don't want to open up the can of worms.

So. I am probably just going to say there won't be any QTs this game except for the usual Mafia Night QT. This is slightly subject to change. I'll make an official ruling soonish.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 03:34:19 pm »

What about QT quoting?

I haven't fully decided. I want to be able to use QTs because I like having people submit Actions that way (easier as a mod to track and follow), but I don't want to open up the can of worms.

So. I am probably just going to say there won't be any QTs this game except for the usual Mafia Night QT. This is slightly subject to change. I'll make an official ruling soonish.
What about quoting from the Mafia QT?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 03:35:10 pm »

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

My image failed. Anyway it was a joke on a cockblock meme.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »

/in
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2016, 04:25:19 pm »

I'm a different kind of doctor; can I still play?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2016, 04:31:07 pm »

/tag
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2016, 05:14:42 pm »

/tag, and also shouldn't this be in the Forum Games section, rather than the Mafia Game Threads section?
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2016, 05:30:21 pm »

I accidentally created Untitled in Mafia Games too, and had it moved by theory.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2016, 06:30:20 pm »

I accidentally created Untitled in Mafia Games too, and had it moved by theory.

It should be in a different spot. But I don't think it really matters. If ash wants to move it he can.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2016, 06:30:58 pm »

I'm a different kind of doctor; can I still play?

That is between you and your licensed medical professional.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2016, 07:26:51 pm »

/in
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2016, 11:33:37 pm »

Not trying to pressure you into joining or anything, but I am curious what you don't like about the setup. Since you are the only person who has expressed a dislike I don't think I will change it (if others join you in having concerns that could change), but any feedback or concerns would be appreciated if you are willing.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2016, 02:51:09 am »

The SK is strong in this setup -- has to be lynched to lose.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2016, 03:22:31 am »

Not trying to pressure you into joining or anything, but I am curious what you don't like about the setup. Since you are the only person who has expressed a dislike I don't think I will change it (if others join you in having concerns that could change), but any feedback or concerns would be appreciated if you are willing.

It might be partly due to his general dislike for set-ups with SK's/two or more scum teams.

Also, /tag

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2016, 05:26:43 am »

Oh, it's just preference. An SK and too many killing actions flying around. I think it'll have an even higher 'randomness' factor than most setups, which makes reads less important. But I don't see any real flaws or things you should change.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2016, 09:20:05 am »

/in
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 19 queries.