Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 191304 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1525 on: August 04, 2016, 03:25:00 pm »

We should try to lynch Haddock again.  Deathproofs are almost always scum, and his play has been scummy, and there is no case against J Reggie except that Haddock didn't die.  That's not a case at all.
What do you have to say about my case that Haddock is town?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:51 pm »

Oh, and there certainly is a case against J Reggie. Saying there isn't is just ignorant. There's a reason he almost got ynched earlier in the game.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: August 04, 2016, 03:33:49 pm »

We should try to lynch Haddock again.  Deathproofs are almost always scum, and his play has been scummy, and there is no case against J Reggie except that Haddock didn't die.  That's not a case at all.
What do you have to say about my case that Haddock is town?
1. We don't know what his other power was, so how do we know it isn't connected somehow with the lynchproof? Too many unknowns here to put a lot of weight on this argument.
2 and 3. I think Haddock would have claimed if he was Claire, or any town for that matter. Allowing us to lynch him knowing it wouldn't work was scummy, not towny.

Ok, I'm ignorant, what is scummy about J Reggie?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: August 04, 2016, 03:41:55 pm »

1. There's a thing called Occam's Razor. You just have to make too many assumptions. Lynchproof is already pretty strong; why would he have another role?
2./3. Well I disagree. I think scum would much more happily shout "don't lynch me, I'm lynchproof" because they have nothing to lose. Town has more trouble if their power would also protect them from a nightkill.

I you look for scummy J Reggie stuff, just reread his D1 and in particular his treatment of the Jan wagon. If that doesn't suffice, you can just look at this:
I have been playing kind of scummy so as to not get NK'd.
I rest my case.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: August 04, 2016, 03:53:03 pm »

1. There's a thing called Occam's Razor. You just have to make too many assumptions. Lynchproof is already pretty strong; why would he have another role?
2./3. Well I disagree. I think scum would much more happily shout "don't lynch me, I'm lynchproof" because they have nothing to lose. Town has more trouble if their power would also protect them from a nightkill.

I you look for scummy J Reggie stuff, just reread his D1 and in particular his treatment of the Jan wagon. If that doesn't suffice, you can just look at this:
I have been playing kind of scummy so as to not get NK'd.
I rest my case.
A town player with a deathproof should definitely claim lynchproof.  This allows town to lynch someone else (if they believe it), and also draws the nk. 

Trying to play scummy to not get nk'd is a total newbie player thing to do.  It's a bad idea, but I don't get a scumread from that post.  Actually, I think yuma used to do that on a regular basis, so it's not even that much of a newbie thing.

Assuming Haddock wouldn't have another role is still an assumption. 

I'll look at day 1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1530 on: August 04, 2016, 03:56:04 pm »

First off, you had a strong town read on J Reggie Day 1:

unvote: Faust

I'm starting to like and agree with your content. Can you still explain the j Reggie town read though. He's your top town why?

Such a carefree entrance. Bolding "I'm town" in his first post. Giving a basically full-game pass to teamlyle. Blatant OMGUS after Seprix votes for him. These are all things that can be perceived as scummy, and doing all of this as scum takes balls. I think it's more likely town on a rampage.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D1)
« Reply #1531 on: August 04, 2016, 03:57:52 pm »

First off, you had a strong town read on J Reggie Day 1:

unvote: Faust

I'm starting to like and agree with your content. Can you still explain the j Reggie town read though. He's your top town why?

Such a carefree entrance. Bolding "I'm town" in his first post. Giving a basically full-game pass to teamlyle. Blatant OMGUS after Seprix votes for him. These are all things that can be perceived as scummy, and doing all of this as scum takes balls. I think it's more likely town on a rampage.
Yes. Before we had a scum flip. What does this matter?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1532 on: August 04, 2016, 04:07:15 pm »

And frankly it might be best if scum just kills me off and I don't have to do the "How is it that faust is still alive?" dance. How is it that silver is still alive? Noone ever seems to ask that.
Silverspawn has been killed in the night.
Well played, scum.

Vote: Faust
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 04, 2016, 04:09:22 pm »

Step 1, lynch Faust. Step 2, find some way to kill Haddock.

Step 3 is hopefully just win the game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 04, 2016, 04:14:43 pm »

*sigh*

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 04, 2016, 04:16:46 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I'm not lynching you for being alive, but for your obvious scum play.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 04, 2016, 04:17:05 pm »

Plus, I've never once seen you mention Occam's razor as town. Twice as scum.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 04, 2016, 04:22:06 pm »

I reread J Reggie's reaction to RR's Jan claim.  It is true that he focuses first on RR and then on Seprix, and does not vote for Jan.  It reads as spontaneous to me, though, and Haddock's play since J Reggie's accusation has been sooooooo scummy.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 04, 2016, 04:24:14 pm »

Plus, I've never once seen you mention Occam's razor as town. Twice as scum.
Which times were those?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 04, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

If it makes you feel better, I'm not lynching you for being alive, but for your obvious scum play.
Would you mind pointing out my obvious scum play?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 04, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

I reread J Reggie's reaction to RR's Jan claim.  It is true that he focuses first on RR and then on Seprix, and does not vote for Jan.  It reads as spontaneous to me, though, and Haddock's play since J Reggie's accusation has been sooooooo scummy.
How?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 04, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

No, you know hat, fuck you. If I'm scummy because I'm playing this game and you just sit there doing nothing and making nonsense arguments and think that's how this game should be played, then go on and lynch me already and let me regret that I ever returned to forum mafia.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1542 on: August 04, 2016, 05:27:21 pm »

Ok, I really need to claim. My one-shot ability was to learn who everyone in my neighborhood targeted since the beginning of the game. I don't know who targeted whom, just a list of people that have been targeted by the people in my neighborhood. One of those is Faust, whom ehfw has claimed to have targeted.

The other three are RR, cron, and Seprix. This leads me to believe that someone in my neighborhood is scum, and I think that someone is Haddock.

vote: haddock.
vote: J Reggie
This is a total fabrication.  1 I don't know why scum would think this is a good idea, but apparently they think a 1 for 1 is worth it at this point.  2 Everyone note that please - if scum think a 1 for 1 is worth it at this point, that suggests that they're in a really strong position - maybe they think they can win tonight.

3 Jeez my reads have been absolutely awful this game.  First my strongest scumread flips town and now my strongest townread does this?  So much for that townread.  Thank god I didn't yet get round to claiming in the neighbourhood.  Jeepers.

Can everyone please look at this claim of Reggie's and note how convenient it is?  I mean, come on, he claims an investigatory role 4 that happens to explain every NK at once?  I can just picture the scum QT - "Reggie, claim an incriminatory result on someone.  Maybe Haddock".
Then new-to-RMM-scum!Reggie takes that a bit too much to heart and goes way overboard.

This was Haddock's first response and the one that really struck me as scummy.  I've put bold numbers in to refer to my reactions.
1. Speculating about scum's motives = distancing. 
2. Trying to scare town as form of distraction.
3. Expression of humility=appeal to emotion.
4. J Reggie's claim doesn't explain all the nk's.  It was not possible (one hopes) that scum got two nks in one night. This is a misleading statement.

This post seemed too confident of his townreads (me and Lyle):
So, Haddock - did you target a player not in J Reggie's list, or how do you know he's not telling the truth?
I do not have a targetting role. Nor does lyle. 
So yeah I considered redirection possibilities but that consideration did not take long. 

I mean seriously. Somehow EFHW targetted 4 people? Not seeing it.  This is all totally bogus.

Then he asked us not to lynch him while he was asleep because he wanted to do something in twilight, but didn't come on when teamlyle and faust asked to hear from him.

He hasn't been on yet today.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 04, 2016, 06:44:00 pm »

Hi guys, sorry about that. Things are resolved, and everything is okay.

I have been added to the neighborhood. Town read on Teamlyle is reinforced from it, JReggie is a mixed bag.  I don't like him trying to get a claim from Lyle in the first post of the chat, but he seems pretty transparent otherwise.

Need to parse things a little bit and read through the current discussion.

Leaning towards a Haddock lynch currently, because I struggle to find a town motivation for not claiming that the lynch is going to bounce.

@Haddock

Would your role have stopped kills, or only the lynch? This is fairly important.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 04, 2016, 08:23:35 pm »

I'm here.
First, vote: j reggie.

NOW I can claim. Faust is correct, I am indeed Claire Bennet.  I am 1-shot Deathproof. When I die I miss the following game phase and then return the phase after that.

Faust was wrong about one thing though. I'm really annoyed I missed twilight - I had not been active in that time period as faust said.  I'd been rehearsing all day for a show (which opened tonight btw, hence the late post). I don't know if I made small posts elsewhere in the forums during what short breaks I had, but no way did I have time to contribute to a game.
I was going to claim in twilight - I don't know of any way I could be killed again while dead but I wanted to get my reads down for posterity just in case.  Didn't matter in the end.

The reason I didn't claim is simple enough - if I'm going to die it's way better for town if I'm lynched than nkd. That way I miss a night phase rather than a day phase so we're not deprived of a vote.

What a way for my first time ever being lynched to happen.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1545 on: August 04, 2016, 09:19:55 pm »

Sounds like haddock told Faust his fake claim in the scum cutie.

Also this:
The reason I didn't claim is simple enough - if I'm going to die it's way better for town if I'm lynched than nkd. That way I miss a night phase rather than a day phase so we're not deprived of a vote.

Is totally bogus.  Town's kill is our lynch. Taking that away is taking away our biggest power. If you had been NK'd by scum (which you wouldn't have because you're scum, bit just for the sake of the argument let's imagine), that would have been really good for us and totally worth not having you around for a day.

I'm not sure how much of this to believe, if any.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1546 on: August 04, 2016, 09:23:57 pm »

Then what are you waiting for?

Ok fine. I missed the action deadline by a few minutes and my result was randomized. I guess my line of thinking was that if scum got sent an invite, they could read through the neighborhood but not post, knowing that I'd have no idea who they were. But since I'm pretty sure haddock is scum it doesn't really make a difference.
They wouldn't have known they were chosen randomly.

That was the point. If the target didn't know they were chosen randomly, they wouldn't have been able to get away with not posting. But it doesn't matter because cellovix has already claimed in thread.

It's pretty hilarious that almost all of the living players are in my neighborhood.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: August 04, 2016, 09:57:14 pm »

Sounds like haddock told Faust his fake claim in the scum cutie.

Also this:

Is totally bogus.  Town's kill is our lynch. Taking that away is taking away our biggest power. If you had been NK'd by scum (which you wouldn't have because you're scum, bit just for the sake of the argument let's imagine), that would have been really good for us and totally worth not having you around for a day.

I'm not sure how much of this to believe, if any.
agree with this re: town's main power is the lynch and not claiming took that away.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: August 05, 2016, 12:33:00 am »

Vote: Haddock

I don't believe the mindset behind not claiming comes from town, and I don't think his role as claimed and mine can co-exist and the setup still be balanced. I mean, they probably can, just both aren't town.  I do not want to claim further.

He'd make a lot of sense as a SK maybe - only one kill last night because he wasn't alive to make it.
If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck it's probably a wolf.

Cellovix

• Pawn
  • Quack.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: August 05, 2016, 03:40:16 am »

Faust, what night did you claim to be vanillaized? N1 or N2?
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 20 queries.