Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Transmute  (Read 2561 times)

gkrieg13

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
Transmute
« on: April 18, 2016, 11:44:56 am »
+1

Code: [Select]
Transmute, Loan, Coppersmith, Ironmonger, Militia, Nomad Camp, Rats, Cultist, Mandarin, Minion
Log

So I played a game yesterday where I hopelessly lost the ruin split (as I usually do on cultist games) 7/3.  I realized the game was going to go on for a while, because of bad play on both our parts, so I picked up a transmute to start turning my ruins into duchies and won the game!

Is this a good use for transmute?
What is optimal play on this board when your opponent starts 5/2?

TrojH

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +191
    • View Profile
Re: Transmute
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 10:37:11 pm »
+1

What is optimal play on this board when your opponent starts 5/2?

Pray that your opponent screws up and buys stuff other than Cultists, money, and VP cards. Which he did.

Seprix

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +3680
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2016, 10:45:38 pm »
+1

What you did with Transmute was nice, but still completely terrible and would not been able to happen if your opponent knew how to put you down. You didn't open double Silver, which is terrible. You don't want Loan here at all, and while the discard attack is nice, you'll be wishing it was Silver when you draw it dead every time with your Cultists.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2016, 03:22:22 am »
+1

Don't try to do anything fun in a Cultist game.

Cultist is there -> the only strategy is Cultist-BM.
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
  • Respect: +12869
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 05:20:38 am »
+2

That's super not true. I'd say that almost half of the time, you can play an engine.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Aleimon Thimble

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Aleimon Thimble
  • Respect: +711
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:13:36 am »
+1

That's super not true. I'd say that almost half of the time, you can play an engine.

I know. I just hate Cultist, okay? :(
[...] The God of heaven has given you Dominion [...] (Daniel 2:37)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2016, 10:11:16 am »

If there is Chapel trashing, you can 'ignore' Cultist, though you'd better know what the heck you're doing because you're going to have all 10 of those Ruins in your deck. It's very hard to win against Cultist, but I've done it before, it's not infallible.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:57 am »
+3

If there is Chapel trashing, you can 'ignore' Cultist, though you'd better know what the heck you're doing because you're going to have all 10 of those Ruins in your deck.
Then you open Chapel and it misses the shuffle and you have 3 Ruins in your deck before you can play Chapel, and when you do it collides with your other opening buy and the Silver you followed up with.  And then you cry.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 10:13:56 am »
+2

If there is Chapel trashing, you can 'ignore' Cultist, though you'd better know what the heck you're doing because you're going to have all 10 of those Ruins in your deck.
Then you open Chapel and it misses the shuffle and you have 3 Ruins in your deck before you can play Chapel, and when you do it collides with your other opening buy and the Silver you followed up with.  And then you cry.

Worst case scenario. How about this case: Cultist BM player opens Silver Silver, still doesn't hit $5 in his next 5 turns. He obviously loses.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
  • Respect: +559
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2016, 10:16:47 am »

Worst case scenario. How about this case: Cultist BM player opens Silver Silver, still doesn't hit $5 in his next 5 turns. He obviously loses.
:(
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:31 am »

It's happened to me before.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.